Uber Lab Trials

I really think you guys should consider adding a Zana Mod for Uber Lab Trials. Having key parts of a character gated behind RNG is not a good thing. I know, just go to /global 800 and get it... but some people don't want to have to rely on others to unlock basic character functionality. Plus SSF is a thing.
Last bumped on May 15, 2019, 2:24:53 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Tsupa wrote:
I really think you guys should consider adding a Zana Mod for Uber Lab Trials. Having key parts of a character gated behind RNG is not a good thing. I know, just go to /global 800 and get it... but some people don't want to have to rely on others to unlock basic character functionality. Plus SSF is a thing.

I'm both for and against this. Mostly For, so I'll do that first:

I think it's too much of an annoyance to get your trials, every league, and trading for them in global isn't a very good solution for multiple reasons. But I'm also sympathetic to the fact that they can't globally buff uberlab trial spawn rates, because Offerings are intended to have a certain rarity and value. One solution, certainly not the only possibility, is to make the odds of seeing a trial vary with map tier: maybe they're 5 to 10 times more common in Tier 1 maps, and disappear entirely by Tier 10 maps, so the overall average number of offerings per map run stay the same, but you're much more likely to see them early on in the league when you're running T1/T2 maps on your first build.

The Against is only a small niggling complaint, but still significant: balancing content around SSF, in any way and for any reason, feels like a mistake.
Yah, I think they could set the price at something like 3-5 chaos. That would retain the value of the offerings while giving players an option other than global 800 to complete their trials.
Not the first and not the last topic regarding this:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2465870

Hope it gets noticed. I quit this league early because of this (2 chars without finding the last trial).
Last edited by inspiration on May 15, 2019, 10:32:00 AM
Once again here: Yes, this is an actual mandatory change.

Especially visible for me again in the Flashback-Event. At T9 and I got 3 trials... totally seen until now, not even doubles, just not a single trial anywhere in sight.
GGG balance is like getting a pizza which is burnt on the sides, raw in the middle and misses the most of the toppings.
Then upon sending it back you get a raw side, burnt middle and enough toppings to drench everything in grease.
Everything fixed but still broken.
This is probably the most frequently mentioned thing that needs to be fixed about labyrinth. Making the completion of the endgame lab trials much more predictable. I really hope that GGG fixes this real problem.

Over 420 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1020 posters in support
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
I have a SSF Synthesis league character who found her last trial at level 90. She was ready to uber lab several levels earlier than that. I've heard of another waiting until up to level 94 to get their final offering*. Perhaps I should consider myself lucky, or something?

Progression in character definition / development gated by skill I see as being fair. Progression in character definition / development gated by RNG I do not see the same way.

* A while ago, I don't know what might be the worst in Synthesis.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info