The console cross play topic...

Soooooo while I know this topic is pretty much just beating a dead horse... but as a HC console player(xbox) and being 1 of 3 people to even kill shaper on xbox hc since console launch...

We desperately need cross play if this community is going to last even a couple more seasons, I dont care if you make more basic leagues like breach or abyss, just as long as we start getting those QoL updates we have been promised.

While cross play was never really one of those promises, recently chris said in his reddit post it is up to the community to let Sony know that we want PoE cross play.
And Sony has always said it's really up to the developers to initiate the process of enabling cross play.

I have spent literally hundreds of hours between being a mod on a Facebook group, and a player guide on the official console discord answering questions of new players or just players trying new things.
I do it mostly to stop people from leaving and trying to stop this community from fading but this league didnt make it easy and numbers have dwindled honestly to me it seems beyond repair with the current state of the game...

We need this GGG, this isn't a maybe, this needs to be a priority if you want console to thrive.
Last bumped on Nov 14, 2019, 2:05:11 PM
It's definitely important, as it brings 3 separate groups together to enjoy the game as a whole instead of being pushed apart! Another problem is how it has been said that the community needs to let Sony know that cross platform play and support is a wanted idea, but (dont quote me) we have no say in it at all? A game released literally yesterday launched with full cross platform support. However, this does stem from it being affiliated and launched through Epic's store.

It's a much needed QoL change as I would love to play with family members but are locked apart due to console choices and so on. Just simply frustrating!
"
Sleepier wrote:
It's definitely important, as it brings 3 separate groups together to enjoy the game as a whole instead of being pushed apart! Another problem is how it has been said that the community needs to let Sony know that cross platform play and support is a wanted idea, but (dont quote me) we have no say in it at all? A game released literally yesterday launched with full cross platform support. However, this does stem from it being affiliated and launched through Epic's store.

It's a much needed QoL change as I would love to play with family members but are locked apart due to console choices and so on. Just simply frustrating!

It would be 2 communities, not 3. GGG won't merge the PC realm in with the console ones because the game is too different on PC from the way it is on console. The XBox and PS4 versions are mostly identical, so they are reasonably doable.

I think Chris wants the players to push the issue with Sony because GGG are, for better or worse, just a small company in the grand scheme of things with a single game to their name that simply doesn't have the mass appeal which games like Fortnite have. Even in Fortnite's case it took a whole lot of backlash from the community and games media before cross-play was finally allowed.

In a nutshell, if Chris tried to talk to Sony about this, Sony would just say no, and that would be the end of the discussion. If enough of the community and games media managed to brew-up a storm *then* we might see some progress - but I doubt there are anywhere near enough of us who care for any attempt to make much difference to be honest.

This is a problem mostly affecting XBox players. PS4 players mostly wouldn't be affected (because the incoming community would be small, and mostly unnoticeable unless you kmew specific players who you could then choose to play with) and that means the bulk of those players simply won't care enough to do anything more than make the occasional post on here and wait.

That is a sad state of affairs to be honest, and unfortunately I don't expect anything to happen on this front until Sony themselves imdependantly decide to open-up cross-play as standard across games.
Sony is extremely for cross-play, just not with Microsoft apparently. There's a ton of cross platform games only on PS because Microsoft wouldn't do cross platform with Sony. It seems strange that they're just suddenly super against it. It's probably because they already have all the best cash grabby games. (PSO2, FFXIV, DDO(PSO2 is incredible though))
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
it's not so long since sony accepted cooperation with microsoft, which could be a good subject for putting cross play
"
UnclePobatti wrote:
It would be 2 communities, not 3.
Unless you count the Switch in the possibly near future..
Another Qol feature we need is the ability to change the privacy of our instances from invite/friends only to public mode
I keep hearing that the problem is with Sony that doesn't want to cooperate with Microsoft or vice versa. But then how come that Dauntless manages to feature cross play?
It's easy to say that Sony is against it, but the truth is that developers are lazy and it's easiest to say that platform is against it.
I think it's more that they're intimidated trying to communicate that with people who don't speak english. I'm terrified of people who speak different languages.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info