Lab is terrible

Lab has absolutely no place as a mandatory requirement for all builds.

1. It is designed for a limited build type even tho all build need it for character development.

2. It includes all the hated elements of poe, Massive backtracking, tons of slowing mechanics, one shots, very time consuming, etc ..

3. It is very time consuming and designed as hardcore element in both softcore and hardcore.

4. Massive amounts of rng just to get access to eternal lab

I don't care if there was a guaranteed ex drop at end of lab, i would only do it once per character. There is 1 reason running lab is so profitable. It's because it is a terrible design and totally out of place for a mandatory requirement for al builds.

solution= a. Make lab running straight forward to just get ascension point. Letting players skip all side crap and enchantments and end chests.

or- Make ascension points a different xp bar ( like gems have) unlocked by killing bosses or map tiers, whatever
Lab is 0 fun. Free the ascension points from lab
Last bumped on Apr 12, 2019, 3:59:30 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
1.no
2.no
3.no
4. kinda ... I guess, you eventually get all 6 and GGG likely likes the fact that people can trade to get those so it's very unlikely to change.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
the only reason no one talks about how much lab is shit atm, is cause synthesis is even more shit so people forgot

but never forget that lab is shit as well!
kind regars
lab is very easy.
1- if u have the learning abilities of a child u can pass it with any character
2- it takes 5 min each. if you think doing lab once a character is time consuming, you probably havent even passed the white maps.
3- takes 5 min each. i can see why you are not that good at defining the lab mechanic and why you fail.
4- even if u play ssf it shouldnt take you more than a day's playtime to reach uber lab. if it does again thats a problem needs to be self questioned.
solution:a = get better at learning. u cant go far with this mentality kid.
b = stop trying to make this game easier and shittier for the rest of us
gl. u r gonna need it.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
lab is very easy.
2- it takes 5 min each. if you think doing lab once a character is time consuming, you probably havent even passed the white maps.
3- takes 5 min each. i can see why you are not that good at defining the lab mechanic and why you fail.
4- even if u play ssf it shouldnt take you more than a day's playtime to reach uber lab. if it does again thats a problem needs to be self questioned.
gl. u r gonna need it.

1 - yesh.
2 - lies, lab speed farming is near 5 minutes. Average Joes time not even close to this.
3 - see 2.
4 - in BetrayalSSF it took me 34!!! fucking trials to find last one and 52 in total. I was lvl 95 at the time. In DelveSSF it took ~35 to find all 6 lvl 94. in Synthesis Goddes was on my side, so it took about 15 trials, lvl ~91.
Last edited by sckiff on Apr 7, 2019, 12:49:16 PM
"
sckiff wrote:
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
lab is very easy.
gl. u r gonna need it.

1 - yesh.
2 - lies, lab speed farming is near 5 minutes. Average Joes time not even close to this.
3 - see 2.
4 - in BetrayalSSF it took me 34!!! fucking trials to find last one and 52 in total. I was lvl 95 at the time. In DelveSSF it took ~35 to find all 6 lvl 94. in Synthesis Goddes was on my side, so it took about 15 trials, lvl ~91.

we have zana quests now. lab trians are a dime a dozen.
yeah i might have mentioned my lab timer but then again im not the fastest guy around.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:

we have zana quests now. lab trians are a dime a dozen.
yeah i might have mentioned my lab timer but then again im not the fastest guy around.

I know. this is why I mentioned total Trials and Levels.
I was picking trial mission allways, even over paradise, till I got my lab done.

And I hate trial prophecies, they are total bullshit. 3 out of 4 triggered in Zana's trial missions.
Last edited by sckiff on Apr 7, 2019, 2:17:25 PM
Many people agree, Lab is shit.
Over 420 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1020 posters in support

Regarding the 5 minute nonsense, the Eternal Labyrinth ladder in standard has a 22 minute median time right now. Out of the 625 fastest times on the ladder only 2 are 5 minutes or less. The 5 minute assertion is a very stupid exaggeration or lie, not sure which.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
1. 2 life flask.
2. The only backtracking you have to do is when you get the golden key and you have to go back to the golden door. And that encounter may or may not happen in a day
3. 15m run = time consuming lol
4. 820 brother. Or buy the prophecy. Or do zana mission.
Jesus you're 20 i thought you know all this
Let's talk about the 'common' player, not the top 5% skill-wise once again.

Lab is mandatory for character progression, you'll need all those 8 points to have a well balanced and strong build. Sure, you can play with less, but usually that punishes you heavily.

The issues with lab are the following:

-Lab is either very easy or quite challenging. Many builds have troubles surviving the traps. The mechanic is quite skill-based in this regard, something a new-ish player doesn't have yet, nonetheless he's forced to do it. Bad design.

-Lab takes long for the reward provided. And I'm not speaking about the chests at the end, those are just a bonus, a nice one, nonetheless not the main reason to run lab. You want the enchant, only available there. With the amount of enchants available the RNG and time needed to get the one you need is abysmal.

-Lab has no backtracking, nonetheless the layout - unless you know it in and out like I do - is taking up a lot of time. You're clearing several maps size of content and aren't allowed to screw up during 3 boss-fights and several dangerous sections along the way. Once again, not very nice to force such a mechanic into the main path of progression. We're not talking about min-max here after all.

-Lab is boring. The only challenge presented are Izaro - for some newer players - as well as the traps. The traps feel punishing and sometimes very unfair. Hence it's often frustrating to run.

-Unlocking uber-lab is a big RNG-based mess. Yes, we got all those options. Nonetheless... sometimes you'll simply need over 150 - as it was for me back in Abyss - to unlock all 6. That's just a deadlock for a character, feels bad, nothing you can do about it. Bad design there.

It's outdated by now, needs a major rework. The RNG became too big with ever more implemented skills and the punishment for messing up a single time is quite large.
Compared to the other parts of main-progression the lab is the worst one, not straight-forward, entirely based on RNG and daily layout as well as very hard for beginners while experienced players rush through it in a breeze.
GGG balance is like getting a pizza which is burnt on the sides, raw in the middle and misses the most of the toppings.
Then upon sending it back you get a raw side, burnt middle and enough toppings to drench everything in grease.
Everything fixed but still broken.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info