Chat filters - let us filter out RMT bots

Hi guys

It seems pretty obvious, but how about we get a chat filter? The amazing work on loot filters seems to me to be WAY harder than just implementing a filter that allows you to block a specific phrase. I mean, the work is halfway done - when you report someone, the text is already there. Can't you extend that so that you right click, and "Ignore phrase" instead?

There's 5-10 bots with different names every 5 minutes, but the phrase(s) is identical - this can't be too hard technically, surely. Maybe allowing community regexes so you don't even have to do the work?

I can't speak for everyone, but me and my mates are at the point where it's useless reporting them, since nothing gets done, so maybe the rest of the playerbase is the same. Perhaps you simply aren't aware of the massive annoyance this is.

Please - get someone to just spend 20 minutes in any global chat channel and understand how amazing a chat filter would be!
Last bumped on Mar 28, 2019, 9:47:14 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Bump. Right now there is a bot that creates a new character/account every 3 minutes - on every messsage. "Report" and "Ignore" buttons are useless.

My suggestion is to add "Ignore account" button and limit accounts number per MAC address or hardware checksum to 10. Update existing accounts during first logon after server update.

Just in case players can write to support if they want to remove old ones or to restore them, but no players will ever need this and no bots will ever do this.

Two easy to implement features that will solve bot chat problem I believe.
Please do realize that the fact, that most RMT messages are next to unreadable means that there is already an amazing number of measures and filters in place. However, as soon as the botters know that their bots get filtered, they change their message generator.

This task is _WAY_ harder than loot-filters.
But the thing is, it takes ggg some time to add new bot crap to their filter. Why not allow players filtering on client side? Something like you right click account (or even message), select "filter", get a window with message text, leave what you deem necessary to filter that crap out(or even leave a full message, it's not like they change it every minute), press OK. Since then, you will not see messages containing that text.
Also, client-side ignore list (which obviously doesn't have to be limited in size), when?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info