Connecting to the wrong realm. Causing Issues.

Hello,

For the last 2 leagues at least, I have been getting connected randomly to the Sao Paolo (BR) Realm. I live in the US Midwest, this should not happen. This causes big lag spikes as you can imagine. Please tell me there is something you or I can do about this.

https://pastebin.com/X63TB1G4 <----- WinMTR grab.

Last bumped on Mar 22, 2019, 4:35:19 AM
"
Injuredviking wrote:
Hello,

For the last 2 leagues at least, I have been getting connected randomly to the Sao Paolo (BR) Realm. I live in the US Midwest, this should not happen. This causes big lag spikes as you can imagine. Please tell me there is something you or I can do about this.

https://pastebin.com/X63TB1G4 <----- WinMTR grab.

There is an issue right now with connections that ggg is investigating. As far as the connecting to a different realm everytime I've had this issue I have had to hard reset my Xbox(hold down power button then unplug Xbox power brick from wall for 30 seconds, plug back in turn back on) but if this happens after that then it might be part of the current connection issue. Also when in game open your map and check the top left/right corner and it should say the realm.
Thanks, yea I have been trying different things as well. Resets/ router resets, power cycles. But yea the trace showed some weird high latency in the middle of the path so it wasn't myself or my ISP causing the issue.

Hopefully it can get worked out soon. I'm quite sure it is causing issues for many people who don't bother to check the realm they are in.
I'm currently experiencing this issue as well. I'm also from the Midwest USA. I normally connect to Texas on pc and Washington on Xbox. However, I'll get stuck on Frankfurt, Australia, Sao, just where ever it wants.
This has been happening since it came to Xbox, and after troubleshooting both through my ISP and Microsoft I've been informed it has to be on PoE's side since every other game/machine/etc work without hiccup.

The only thing I can do when this issue happens is to load into town, check server, if bad server hit the menu button and logout. Immediately log back in and repeat until it puts me on a USA server. Generally this takes logging out and back in 4 times. Once I'm on the correct server it'll stay there. If i switch characters, or logout for any other reason I have to rinse and repeat.

I do understand there are issues going on currently that GGG is investigating, however, since isn't a 'new' issue but one that has happened since launch.

I just read that we will be able to select our preferred server soon. So hopefully this will fix this issue for us.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info