Descendant of Winter: Scion Crit Winter Orb 3.5

3.6 Update: I will update this build if Scion is not dead from Slayer nerfs (Damage while leeching/Overleech)

I started this build in SSF Betrayal, but migrated over @90 when I saw how much more I could do if I had access to the market. It was easy levelling, so this build would be fine for a league starter. It's only as expensive as you are willing to spend on it.

Features

• Slayer’s increased AoE and AoE damage; Overleech; Culling Strike; Immunity to Physical reflect
  • Witch’s 10% Elemental Penetration; Increased effect of Heralds; Immunity to Elemental reflect
  • Dual Heralds
  • All three charges (Power/Frenzy/Endurance)
  • 6k HP. 2k ES (2k ES with no investment from tree)
  • Tri-Ice Spear totems

Pros and Cons
Spoiler

Pros
Fast: high clearspeed/decent ST
Safe: Slayer Overleech and Cull
• Elemental and physical reflect immune
Never be lonely! (two golems)

Cons
• Passive playstyle
• Less control over targeting

Content

• All maps, all mods
  • Shaper
  • Uber Atziri (Alluring Abyss)
  • Currently @Delve 330 with no issues
  • Haven't done Uber elder yet as I am still learning fight. I got to third phase before I ran out of portals— but that’s on me, not the build.

Videos: Add more later

PoB DPS CalculationsEDIT: This is actually *a lot* higher now that Path of Building now correctly calculates hit rate. Mine went from 3.5 to 5.8
Spoiler

PoB: https://pastebin.com/sh04Czep

Scion Preamble Wrote this before the nerf LOL
Spoiler

I am obsessed with Scion, so about 75% of my characters are Ascendents. Some people feel that Scions are more difficult to level as they don't get any Ascendancy skills until Merciless Lab (2nd Lab), and don't get access to the second starting point until Cruel or Eternal Lab (3rd or 4th, respectively), but I find that just pathing through it and refunding points upon completion is sufficient.

Scions are also deemed to have less dps. While this is somewhat true, the benefits of multiple jewel sockets, a second point on the tree from which to start,and getting 118 points (or 116 if you chose to help one of the bandits) outweighs the loss of some dps. This is not true for specialized classes, such as Occultist (CI) or Chieftain (fire buffs).

Gems
Spoiler

Chest: Loreweave:
Winter Orb> Added Cold Damage> Concentrated Effect> Greater Multiple Projectiles> Controlled Destruction> Ice Bite (Can use Cold Penetrationfor bosses, but I never remembered to swap and was fine.

Helm: +2 to Winter Orb Stages
Herald of Ice. Herald of Thunder. Discipline. Summon Ice Golem.

Gloves:
CWDT> Immortal Call.
CWDT> Vortex.

Boots: Socketed Spell Totem
Multiple totems> >Ice Spear> Controlled Destruction> Faster Casting

Wep/Shield:
CWDT> Ice Bomb. Vaal Skill.
Flame Dash> Faster Casting> Arcane Surge

Ring:
Summon Lightning Golem.

Gear
Spoiler

Only one Unique, and it's not mandatory
• Rare Helm with +1 to AOE Gems craft and good enchant
• 6L Loreweave (3ex)
• Sorcerer Gloves (or Shaper Gloves w/Faster Casting) (50c)
• Rare Boots with Spell Totem Support (50c) Regen/Leech Enchant
• Stygian Vise (Frigid Craft for +% Cold Damage)
• Cold Leech accessory(ies)
• Rare Shield with high ES
• The Blue Dream (15c)

I’m rich version:
The Blue Dream to The Blue Nightmare: Blessing of Chayula (80c)
• Curse on hit ring: Warlord’s Mark (1ex)
• I didn't bother with Might of the Meek as the increases were marginally better than without. If you are loaded it would pair well with Unnatural Instinct
• I lucked out and got Atziri's Acuity from my FIRST Uber Atzie kill!

Current Gear
Spoiler

Jewels
Spoiler

Life/ Damage/ Spell Damage/ Spell Damage While Holding a Shield/ Cold Damage/ Area Damage/ Projectile Damage. Flat damage and crit/crit multi on Abyss jewels.

Bandits,Tree, and Ascendancy
Spoiler

Bandits: Help Alira
Tree: Level 91 www.poeurl.com/chR2
Ascendancy: Scion doesn’t get an Ascendancy choice until Merciless Lab (2nd Lab).
Go for Slayer first. We only use 2 points to path up to Witch.

Slayer> Elementalist> Path of the Witch

Levelling Guide

General Tips:
Spoiler

• Only take jewel nodes if you have a jewel for them, otherwise come back.
• Feel it out: if you feel sqishy take life; if you feel weak take dps.
• Hold off on crit nodes for Part I. In Part II there are a couple runs of a bunch of points in a short period of time (taking out three gods [Act 6] and Eramir/Weland's quests and Thicket [Act 7]). I typically use these runs for long stretches of pathing, or to complete a Crit Wheel.

In-Depth Levelling Guide
Spoiler

• Head south from Scion wheel taking Resists or Projectile damage. I went resists so that I had more room to craft sweet affixes on gear.
• Veer NorthWest to Life Wheel.
• Continue up towards Witch starting area and take the Life/Mana nodes.
• Head West towards Templar to Life nodes, Area of Effect, and Elemental Damage nodes.
• At this point, start moving North from Witch to Life Nodes. You can hold off on the crit nodes early on as they are not as important early on.
• Path to the East toward the Shadow starting area, taking the Life nodes.
• Fill in crit nodes.

Last edited by Nepenthess on Mar 9, 2019, 11:50:59 AM
Last bumped on Mar 6, 2019, 6:01:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info