Ice Nova Build

Just made an Ice Nova build and tried to focus on survivability since I will have to be in the middle of a group of enemies for Ice Nova.

Really excited to get this to a high level, just want some feedback!

P.S. Im playing on HC

Why the fuck did you take resolute technique? It's completely pointless...

Also wondering why you took weapon elemental damage nodes but left out Elementalist which isn't just a decent addition to your build but only one skill point away as well.
I also don't really see a reason for EB Ice nova isn't that cost expensive and you surely rely on your ES.

Also every cold damage caster should have a significant amount of crit nodes to take advantage of freeze.
"
Why the fuck did you take resolute technique? It's completely pointless...

Also wondering why you took weapon elemental damage nodes but left out Elementalist which isn't just a decent addition to your build but only one skill point away as well.
I also don't really see a reason for EB Ice nova isn't that cost expensive and you surely rely on your ES.

Also every cold damage caster should have a significant amount of crit nodes to take advantage of freeze.

Thanks for the help this is my first build that I have done by myself. Not the best at the game. I got rid of EB and Resolute Technique. Added some crit nodes. Anything specific you would recommend that would make surviving in the middle of a mob easier?

Thanks
"
bo0p wrote:

Thanks for the help this is my first build that I have done by myself. Not the best at the game. I got rid of EB and Resolute Technique. Added some crit nodes. Anything specific you would recommend that would make surviving in the middle of a mob easier?

Thanks

Well without EB you've got your ES which basically doubles your effective health pool oviously this alone is already a big step into the right direction when it comes to survivability.
You've wasted a few skill points in the marauder area on the resistances which can be achieved by taking the shield elemental resists which require less points to be spent.

Also you should be aware of the fact that you won't reach anything higher than lvl ~75 for quite a while and plan your build according to that rather than building it with the full 111 points used.
This is something you could aim for and reach within a reasonable time frame:

It's pretty much your build with a few points reallocated and less points spent.
"
"
bo0p wrote:

Thanks

Well without EB you've got your ES which basically doubles your effective health pool oviously this alone is already a big step into the right direction when it comes to survivability.
You've wasted a few skill points in the marauder area on the resistances which can be achieved by taking the shield elemental resists which require less points to be spent.

Also you should be aware of the fact that you won't reach anything higher than lvl ~75 for quite a while and plan your build according to that rather than building it with the full 111 points used.
This is something you could aim for and reach within a reasonable time frame:

It's pretty much your build with a few points reallocated and less points spent.

Thanks for the help! What I am thinking is I will just get into the middle of the mob and put curses down and then use ice nova. If I need range or single target damage I will use freezing pulse. Im just hoping that the survivability is good
Ugh just wrote a super long post and my tablet crashed.

The short of it, ice nova is fun until about 60, then just completely falls off, I hit 70 but switched to LMP arctic breath to make use of all my aoe nodes.

If you are dead set on nova which I think is too mana intensive you could try this but needs a 6 link.

Nova
Increased aoe
Added lightning to shock
iron will ( get some str) Free DMG no mana cost
Faster casting
cold pen.

There are a ton of options with the spell though.

Concentrated effect
Culling strike (low mana boost) extra DMG kills at 10% and with quality faster cast
Elemental proliferation

But in the end the build is too much work and very little reward. Granted all 20% qual gems would be awesome. But even then better off using a different spell
Ign Gorgomite
Last edited by Gorgomite on Mar 13, 2013, 8:56:42 AM
Also you can run life leech on it to make it tankier.

Ign Gorgomite

The Life, crit and resists are pretty meh, but its almost fully optimized for a "Crit Nova" build. For Crit Nova you have to use added lightning and Elemental Proliferation, otherwise you won't shock stack enough mob's to make it worth while.

This build won't get you like top 10 on the ladder, but it's a very fun one to mess around on, I'm running one also, except I'm going for area, not crit.
Last edited by LorewynGaming on Mar 13, 2013, 11:19:00 PM
Can we get updates on how did this build do? I'm trying out a similar build but seems to have hit a bottleneck due to gear / gems in Cruel act 3.
My wife stole 10 levels from me, and my job stole another 2. That is why I am still level 88.
"
Rudraksh wrote:
Can we get updates on how did this build do? I'm trying out a similar build but seems to have hit a bottleneck due to gear / gems in Cruel act 3.

The only way to run this build is to have insane wealth. To make it work you will need a taryns and shavronne's, at the very minimum. If you want to go crit based instead of spell damage you will need a couple of Divinarius or Void batterys with Voidbringer gloves.

So you are talking 50-60 exalts in gear (that might be low balling it.) Unless you have this wealth just move on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info