3.5 Immortal Glupport idea

Hey folks,

I was toying around with the idea of using Veil of the Night + Blood of Corruption for an immortal support.

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/e83PJhKj

What's the idea? A build like this had been theorycrafted in 2.0, but interest has vanished since. Most aurabots are quite simple with regular layered defenses. This one is more complicated, so I can see why the other way would be more appealing. But here's the idea:

Gear choices:

Spoiler
Veil of the Night:

Arguably the worst helmet in the game. It reduces our elemental defenses to 0, regardless of our items / auras. It does give us increased 100% defenses.

Blood of Corruption:

Grants level 10 Gluttony of Elements skill, which turns any elemental damage taken into healing. By default, the duration is 5 seconds.

Shadowstitch:

Reduces elemental resistances for every corrupted item we equip, but gives us increased life and energy shield in return. The resistances don't matter, so we corrupt all of our gear. Unfortunately doesn't take jewels into account. Corrupting all of our gear means a whooping 60% life and 80% energy shield.

Shackles of the Wretched:

Enables casting Temporal Chains on ourselves for longer skill effect duration.

Atziri's Reign:

20% vaal skill effect duration. We use 6 of these.

Poet's Pen:

Permanent Immortal Call and used to cast Warlord's Mark.

Prism Guardian:

More auras with blood magic.

Taste of Hate:

Physical damage taken to elemental conversion.

Out of these, I think Veil of the Night could be switched out to be honest. Alpha's Howl would be a good replacement due to the reduced mana reservation modifier.

With all the extra skill effect duration, it reaches 17.5 seconds duration for Gluttony of Elements, which basically means we don't ever die.

I haven't build this character myself yet, but it looks like it could be fun and has good potential.

Thoughts?
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Last bumped on Feb 23, 2019, 9:11:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info