Without serious PvP content, game will fail

I think the gameplay of this game is great. I think that it has a really great amount of customization to it, and it feels like the sequel that D3 should have been. However, I think GGG is going to see this game suffer unless they implement a more serious form of PvP. Without PvPm there is really no incentive to grind. PvP should not be on the back burner IMO.

Why get better gear? So you can kill stronger mobs and get better gear, after which you can kill stronger mobs and get better gear? Without PvP what FUN thing can you do with all the gear? I am a 43 duelist, I like my class and its gameplay, but honestly you can only kill so many mobs without any reason other than to keep doing it...

The current PvP seems like an after afterthought. Extremely bland and boring. There have been tons of great suggestions of different forms of PvP. Different objectives, game modes, etc etc. There hasnt been any real concrete information on anything in development because I dont think anything is being developed. I understand that they want to come out with a complete and finished product, but no real PvP in the makes is a serious mistake IMO.

I,ve been saying this again and again but...

Wait for cutthroat to be a permanent league.. it is still beta afterall.
Cutthroat is PK league, it's not organized PVP. Thinking cut throat is PVP is laughable. Cut throat is batting your neighbor in the back of his head when he's watering his garden. PVP is playing chess against him. See the problem? You are more likely to lose in the latter. That's why "hardcore" people like cutthroat, and not organized PVP. Kicking puppies is serious business.
Please pardon my bad english
Last edited by rephikul on Mar 7, 2013, 4:48:49 PM
"
rephikul wrote:
Cutthroat is PK league, it's not organized PVP. Thinking cut throat is PVP is laughable. Cut throat is batting your neighbor in the back of his head when he's watering his garden. PVP is playing chess against him. See the problem? You are more likely to lose in the latter. That's why "hardcore" people like cutthroat, and not organized PVP. Kicking puppies is serious business.

Part of the chess match is knowing WHEN to water your garden, and when not to. Cutthroat would have way more strategy than you are giving it credit for. It's the exact same as people stomping on other people in current PvP. Those that plan better and prepare better, do better.
Cutthroat is not a PvP league? Chris said it was a PvP league, and PvP means player vs player right?.....

Which is what you do in cutthroat...

Also I dont think anyone will continue to fight the monsters if another player is attacking him... XD.
totally agree with you, this game has less features than diablo 2 atm
I would agree. Also I feel cut throat is a great idea but dropping 1 random inventory item or peice of gear is a better idea. Dransik classic is the last game I played where this happens and I miss it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info