Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.5] Kev's Arakaali's Fang HoAg Dual / Triple Curse Occultist | Viable for Everything | Feb 27

Hey, I'm Kevin, played PoE since Bestiary league. Tried SSF this league for the first time and turn out really fun. So I want to share with you guys even though it's end of the league (Waiting 3.6 tho ;)

I started this character in SSF league as Storm Brand Occultist and luckily got Arakaali's Fang dropped.

So i thought, with 15% Poison on hit can make it work with Herald of Agony (HoAg) and Spider. With Only HoAg i feel like it's not aggressive enough and I have to wait HoAg to kill things sometime which is not safe. Spiders way more aggressive AI, so i think that's BALANCED.

The build have 2 versions: Budget / Higher-budget build as my progression this league. This is my first guide with solo-self-learn English. I transfered SSF -> Trade league to see how this build work with LL ( dont judge me ). Hope you guys have fun and let me know how I could improve this build further.

Tower Tier 15

----------------------------------------------------------------------

PROS / CONS

+ Aggressive / chill playstyle even you're playing a minion build.
+ Not fastest but really fast mapping.
+ Tanky with curses, high ES
+ Decent damages
+ No 6L required
+ All contents viable
+ SSF viable if you can find Arakaali's Fang
+ You don't deal damage -> Time to dodge dangerous stuffs

- Squishy from the start
- You don't deal damage
- Minion style not for everybody
- let me know

CONTENT DONE DEATHLESS:

- Shaper
- Uber Elder
- Uber Atziri
- Delve boss ( except Aul didn't find him )
- T16 Syndicate :)

Update

- Feb 27th: Added Victario's Charity, Update LL tree with Energy Within

Play style

Charge Winter Orb + Phase Run to watch monsters get exploded. Don't have to wait your HoAg let's spider do it.

Video

Phoenix Guardian

Item Required

This bad boy ofc :P

Raise Spider will trigger on kill, so with this jar we can raise spider inside boss room easily.
When mapping, We can ACTUALLY skip this with Desecrate trick with HoAg to raise them. Without this jar the only damage you deal to Shaper only from HoAg.

SSF For who already got the fang in SSF you can farm this with Elreron Research, Tora Transportation, Riker Fortification. 3.6 Betrayal content will be a part of core so this is not a problem. i farmed this jar about 10 elreon stashes.

Budget Life-base build

GEARS

PoB: https://pastebin.com/V1EszU23
Passive Tree: https://poe.technology/poebuddy/V1EszU23

HoAg DPS: ~ 1M4
Spiders DPS: 125k per spider

EXPLANATION
I farmed Shaper with these gear in SSF so nothing special or hard to get here.
Farming with fast pace ,the dagger with crafted mod "Trigger a Socketed spell when you Use a skill" is really good for auto-casting Desecrate and Offering. I crafted this Sai (6% block attack chance ) with Bound Fossils and Aberrant. The mods we want here are Minion damage and Despair curse on hit.

Belt of Deceiver: "Nearby Enemies are intimidated" buff our minions damage, some resistances, some life and easy obtainable.

The Embalmer: Lv20 Vile Toxins bump our 4L Herald of Agony up to 5L. good life, chaos resistances

The rest gears just rares to fill your resistances, stats, life

ASCENDENCY

Profane Bloom: 1 shot entire pack get exploded.
Malediction: Additional curse, damage mitigation, increase enemies dmg taken WHY NOT ?
Void Beacon: -20% cold res, -20% chaos res. We're running Hatred Aura make this node really powerful for us.
Withering Presence: 60% chaos res + ~30% from our gloves -> less damage taken from many chaos f*cker :D. Also while we're running around we also inflict WITHERED EVERY SECOND AND HINDERED to reduce enemies movement speed 30%. Well-rounded for defense and boost our minion dmg.

GEM LINKS
Crafted Weapon: Desecrate - Vaal Grace - Spirit Offering / Flesh Offering
Arakaali's Fang: Maim - Minion Damage - Melee Splash (mapping ) / Melee Physical damage (bossing)
Gloves: HoAg - Damage on Fulllife - Minion damage - Pier (mapping) / Vicious Projectile ( bossing )
4L: CwDt - Immortal - Generosity - Hatred
4L: Convocation - ( Increased Duration - Phase run ) ( or Whirling Blades + Faster Attack + Fortify )
Curse + Poison setup: Ball Lightning / Winter Orb + Greater Multiple Projectile + Poison + Curse on Hit + Enfeeble / Temporal Chains + Faster casting (optional)

Dual or Triple curses up to you with this set up (take Whisper of Doom if you want 3 curse and corrupted your gloves). With Winter Orb you cant use Elemental Equilibrium to boost damage, but the playstyle is chill ( You need to cast more frequently with Ball Lightning and Elemental Equilibrium). Just channelling and go to watch monsters get exploded.

Low Life Higher-Budget build

MY GEARS

PoB: https://pastebin.com/c3euKZdr
Passive Tree: https://poe.technology/poebuddy/c3euKZdr

HoAg DPS: ~1M1
Spiders DPS : 85k per spider

Victario Charity

PoB: https://pastebin.com/XEH6PRVf
Passive Tree: https://poe.technology/poebuddy/XEH6PRVf

HoAg DPS: ~1M35
Spiders DPS : 100k per spider
More damage but you'll lose 1200 ES with current set up

EXPLANATION

Shavronne's Wrapping: mandantory for every LL build. You don't need 6L on this chest too. Gem Links require: Winter Orb / Ball Lighting + GMP + Poison + (Curse Setup is up to you)
Presence of Chayula: more ES for LL build
Taste of Haste: physical damage mitigation
Apep's Supremacy: Make your recharge delay ~ 1 second after taking damage, Free-up bleeding from flasks. Alternative : High ES Shield, Victario's Charity
The rest: high ES stack, stats, resistances

Can boost more damage and defense with Aspect of Spider when you have 30% reduced HoAg reservation.

ASCENDENCY

Profane Bloom: 1 shot entire pack get exploded.
Malediction: Additional curse, damage mitigation, increase enemies dmg taken WHY NOT ?
Wicked Ward: :D

Can choose:

Void Beacon: -20% cold res, -20% chaos res. We're running Hatred Aura make this node really powerful for us.

or

Vile Bastion: More ES, and ES regen

GEM LINKS
From gears and Gem Links section in Budget-build

"

Dual or Triple curses up to you with this set up (take Whisper of Doom if you want 3 curse and corrupted your gloves). With Winter Orb you cant use Elemental Equilibrium to boost damage, but the playstyle is chill ( You need to cast more frequently with Ball Lightning and Elemental Equilibrium). Just channelling and go to watch monsters get exploded.

Jewel

Watcher's Eye:
- Discipline: Faster recharged, ES on hit
- Purity of Elements: Chaos res, physical dmg mitigation

Ghasty Eye Jewel:
- Flat [Life / ES]
- Minion Attack Speed
- Minion Damage
- Flat physical damage to minion

At least 1 jewel with mod "Minion have 5-7% chance to Blind enemies with Attacks"

Last edited by iantsu on Feb 27, 2019, 9:06:25 PM
Last bumped on Mar 2, 2019, 9:46:09 AM
hi and ty looks funy build but i cant see passive tree
There are Path of Build code for both life-base and LL build in the guide.
If you want passive trees here it is

Life-base budget: https://poe.technology/poebuddy/V1EszU23
LL: https://poe.technology/poebuddy/QJiuZb98
Last edited by iantsu on Feb 26, 2019, 7:53:23 PM
"
_V3n0M_ wrote:
hi and ty looks funy build but i cant see passive tree
You should take avatar of fire and elemental equilibrium since you use hatred for your minions. It'll give a nice damage boost for 2 points

Other than that nice build. I did a hoag/spectre/spider build up to 98 before I respecced it, had a lot of fun. Was a bit different than your build though but I really liked the minions :)
"
allana wrote:
You should take avatar of fire and elemental equilibrium since you use hatred for your minions. It'll give a nice damage boost for 2 points

Other than that nice build. I did a hoag/spectre/spider build up to 98 before I respecced it, had a lot of fun. Was a bit different than your build though but I really liked the minions :)

You can't stack poison with Avartar of Fire as i know.
Last edited by iantsu on Feb 27, 2019, 8:25:52 PM
Thanks for the guide, it looks really fun.

I just have a question. How this build works for delve? I'm around 420+ and looking for a good "projectile" damage for my occultist.
"
T3kkila wrote:

I just have a question. How this build works for delve? I'm around 420+ and looking for a good "projectile" damage for my occultist.

I didn't target delve this league. Currently very comfortable at 300+. It's really safe actually. We will blind every enemies in the front by spiders, curse Temporal chains + enfeeble and huge damage by agony in the back.

This build has some high potentials at delve. I'd recommend take Vile Bastion over Void Beacon ( good combo with 12k ES, 1s delay)
"
iantsu wrote:
"
T3kkila wrote:

I didn't target delve this league. Currently very comfortable at 300+. It's really safe actually. We will blind every enemies in the front by spiders, curse Temporal chains + enfeeble and huge damage by agony in the back.

This build has some high potentials at delve. I'd recommend take Vile Bastion over Void Beacon ( good combo with 12k ES, 1s delay)

Ah i see, thanks a lot for the reply i really appreciate it =)
thank you for this guide :D
it is really funny to play...but i have 1 problem...how can i activate hatred+ agony at same time without the helm enchant? am i mising something?

edit : found my mistake...i had 1 additional support aura on my helmet
Last edited by treansk on Mar 2, 2019, 12:15:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info