Spinning 2h Staff CoC Help

It all started when I came across Martyr of Innocence. I liked everything about it, the flat fire damage, the chance to block, free Vengeance. I searched PoE Ninja to see if anybody was using it and the only non caster build was a Jugg wearing Kaom's, Cyclone, and RT. I tried making a similar character but wasn't a fan of RT and the Jugg ascendancy so I took my level 91 Duelist, respecced it Champion and moved my gear over. Champion instantly felt better but it feels like there's a lot of improvement to be made. I'm stacking Reckless Defense jewels for more block chance and Riposte triggers. Using Belt of the Deceiver and Indomitable to help offset the crit damage. Brass Dome is an option but it would take my block chance from 66/32 to 46/22. It would free up a belt and 3 skills points though. Anyways, on to the build.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/whssBaqj

Weapon: Martyr of Innocence
Helm: Rare (life/res)
Body Armor: Belly of the Beast
Gloves: Rare (life/res)
Boots: Rare (life/res/MS)
Amulet: Eye of Innocence
Ring1: Le Heup of All
Ring2: Mokou's Embrace
Belt: Belt of the Deceiver
5 Reckless Defence jewels

Body Armor
-----------------
* Cyclone
* Cast on Crit
* Vaal Blade Vortex
* Bladefall
* Elemental Damage with Attacks
* Increased Critical Strikes

Not too versed in the way of damage conversion. Don't know if I'm better off using BV and Bladefall or swapping to some fire spells like VD and Firestorm.

Weapon
-----------------
* *Vengeance
* Endurance Charge on Melee Stun
* Stun Support
* Riposte
* Blind
* Melee Splash
* Life Gain on Hit

The idea here is to pack in as much survivability as possible. The Melee Splash is only to support Riposte so it acts more like Vengeance. I need more testing to see if Stun Support and Endurance Charge on Melee Stun are actually stunning. I have no problem with gaining Endurance charges but I think they are all from Smashing Strikes. I'll have to spec out of that and run a few maps. Life Leech might be better than Life Gain on Hit.

Gloves
-----------------
* Blasphemy
* Flammability
* Anger
* Enlighten

Enlighten cause I didn't know what else to add. Extra mana helps a bit in low regen situations.

Helm
-----------------
* Cast when Damage Taken lvl1
* Immortal Call lvl3
* Increased Duration
* Ice Golem lvl3

Nothing special.

Boots
-----------------
* Leap Slam
* Faster Attack Support

Same.

List of things I need help with/working on:

Optimal sockets-Which spells should I be casting with Cyclone? Is Avatar of Fire not needed if I use fire skills?
Helmet enchant-Cyclone attack speed would probably be best but unsure.
Essense Wurm for free Anger? Could fit in Herald of Ash.
2 Free sockets means I could use a 2 socket Tombfist, Lightpoacher, or Bubonic Trail. Maybe Cast on Death + Portal for convenience.
Loreweave over Belly?

Last bumped on Feb 15, 2019, 11:35:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info