Getting your Elder Orb Back

After removing the elder orb from a map, how do you get it back to re-orb a different map? I made the mistake of Eldering Strand, not realizing the density was nerfed. I'd like to Elder a different map and know you can, but do not know how.

Any recommendation on optimal map for ping pong shaper/elder influence + white sextant positioning or any high return map would be appreciated. Thanks
Last bumped on Jan 24, 2019, 10:14:03 AM
Toxic sewer is really nice with 3 white 2 yellow sextant position and density potential is super high.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Unshaping_Orb

I did underground sea , but toxic sewer is still pretty nice

Same as Unshaping Orb.

20 Chisel + 5 Regret, Unshape on the Atlas and talk to Zana again.

I'm doing UGS, I bought like 20 as a startup pile and just run those now, up to like 50+ steadily. 4 Sextant + Harbinger ofc.

Toxic Sewer is also nice as people have said. Just pay attention to your Strongholds to see if there is an optimal spot, it can help box in the influence and control it better. I think USG compared to last patch is a tad harder to hold, I find myself going to Marshes all the time to drag influence back.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Jan 23, 2019, 1:14:19 PM
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
Same as Unshaping Orb.

20 Chisel + 5 Regret, Unshape on the Atlas and talk to Zana again.

I'm doing UGS, I bought like 20 as a startup pile and just run those now, up to like 50+ steadily. 4 Sextant + Harbinger ofc.

Toxic Sewer is also nice as people have said. Just pay attention to your Strongholds to see if there is an optimal spot, it can help box in the influence and control it better. I think USG compared to last patch is a tad harder to hold, I find myself going to Marshes all the time to drag influence back.

any general tips for a newbie to mapping? Just sextant block and get high quantity and pack size?
can you use a sextant on Oba map too?
Last edited by cetru on Jan 23, 2019, 2:20:04 PM
i elder orb'd marshes map. its very open and the map is e-n-o-r-m-o-u-s. maybe too much so. the layout can seem pretty aids but its very manageable when you get used to clearing it.

2x white sextant, 2x yellow. the mob count is fucking bonkers. i constantly get upwards of 2,000 mobs per map and the sustain rate is definitely showing. the boss can be one shot (no phases). however, the wiki says it can drop pride of the fall....and im not sure thats true. still could be i guess, im going to keep running it because its so easy to sustain, but so far nothing of real value has dropped.

abyss mod is definitely the best zana mod this league. it gives a bunch of monsters, but it also gives jewels you can craft for returns and you will end up getting a bunch of abyssal depths and can get lucky with 2 socket gear drops which sell for multiple exalts each.

abyss mod will end up easily paying for itself and much much more. where as harbinger, even last league, i felt like i was constantly bleeding money in its cost. i didn't make up the cost with the mod alone.
Underground sea probably gets you the most total mobs because it's huge, but toxic sewer is really great for a fast full-clear with the most density you can possibly pack into a map. Even fully sextanted, you'll only get like 1200 mobs, but those 1200 will be gone in the blink of an eye because the layout is really great for anything AoE (winter orb, elehit, even discharge) and the map is very small and essentially just a circle, almost no backtracking is needed.

If you want fast exp with sustain, toxic sewer, if you want sustain and to be able to sell maps afterwards for profit, underground sea.
Last edited by codetaku on Jan 23, 2019, 3:08:06 PM
I've been playing off and on for the past couple years. This is my first full league.

I have no idea what the hell you guys are talking about.
And the white guys says, I'll have a Coke then.
I thought you had to do uber elder again. Thanks for the good news and suggestions guys.

"
Westwood1121 wrote:
I've been playing off and on for the past couple years. This is my first full league.

I have no idea what the hell you guys are talking about.

Read this

https://www.iskmogul.com/guide-to-sustaining-end-game-maps-in-path-of-exile/
you never had to do uber elder to get elder orb anyway, just kill shaper

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info