What (green) support gem for hatred?

I have a spare green socket linked to hatred and I've been pondering, what support gem to use.

First I thought blind was good. But hatred does not hit. So no effect.

Then I thoguht Ice Bite might be a good option. Mana does get reserved but tooltip dps didn't change. So I'm not sure if it's even working.

Onslaught also requires hits. So a no go.

Enhance just enhanced the quality and with hatred it would be AoE of the aura. So not really useful.

Last bumped on Jan 19, 2019, 2:54:22 PM
You should use it for a utility or movement skill or increased duration for one of your temp buffs/banners. Auras dont benefit from supports for most builds unless you want to enlighten for a tiny mana gain.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
NoBillag wrote:
I have a spare green socket linked to hatred and I've been pondering, what support gem to use.

First I thought blind was good. But hatred does not hit. So no effect.

Then I thoguht Ice Bite might be a good option. Mana does get reserved but tooltip dps didn't change. So I'm not sure if it's even working.

Onslaught also requires hits. So a no go.

Enhance just enhanced the quality and with hatred it would be AoE of the aura. So not really useful.

No real good support. Enlighten to maybe run another aura...empower to give it a bump up but totally not worth it.

Generally it rides alone since it doesnt hit as you noted.
Git R Dun!
Well, I have all sockets full - running Dread Banner, Hatred, Herald of Purity.

Got 111 mana left, 1 attack is 18 mana. So Enlighten is of no use. I could remove 1 empower and add a 25% aura there.

Lets see, currently 740 mana.
With another 25% aura in helmet and enlighten 4 that would lower reservation to 88%.

Dread Banner reserves 10%, so effective 2% free which would be 14.8 mana.

I'd need to sacrifice another slot for another enlighten and then I'm very tight on mana.

Good suggestion: "buff" banner. I could break the 4L and use empower with Dread Banner maybe... or Enhance. Not sure which one is better.

Thanks for the feedback.
"
NoBillag wrote:
Good suggestion: "buff" banner. I could break the 4L and use empower with Dread Banner maybe... or Enhance. Not sure which one is better.

Thanks for the feedback.

I would use increased duration with your banner if you can afford it.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:

But that only helps if you place the banner right?
"
NoBillag wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

But that only helps if you place the banner right?

You should plant your banner in non-trivial and boss fights especially when it's at 50 stages (Dread Banner can stage pretty well in boss fights).

Banners are considerably more powerful when they're planted. 50% more aura effect so your Dread Banner gives 30% impale chance/28.5% increased impale effect when you plant it. Stages don't do anything until you plant the banner.

I am not, however, sure if I care much about increased duration for it. I'm not sure it applies to the short duration Fortify because that has no base duration, just to the base banner duration.

And a 50 stage banner is 60 seconds duration, whereas with a level 20 increased duration it's only 66 or so.
well, the fights where I would actually plant the banner are multi-phased ones like elder... but since they take longer I don't plant it.
"
NoBillag wrote:
well, the fights where I would actually plant the banner are multi-phased ones like elder... but since they take longer I don't plant it.

Unless you run at under 10% mana available all the time whilst fighting, you can just recast it when it runs out in longer fights, then if the boss is alive when you get back to 50 stages plant again.

Remember that the stages don't do anything if you don't plant it, and as soon as you do it's better.
Actually, I've tested it and Increased Duration does affect the short term buff from a banner. It just doesn't reflect in the tooltip.

So you can use that for 4s of boosted Fortify.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info