[3.5] Arc CoC Occultist

***Updated 1/5/2019 (got jewels, changed tree, changed links, added EE)

I know people like videos and my laptop can do that I just need to figure out where the record button is it always tells me to use to record games when I start the game up....I will get some up on youtube when I can to show.

Build Synopsis:

Shock the hell out of everything and blow up the entire screen using Tryp mace for 100% crit all the time with cyclone. Lightning brand is used to spread curses and blind. It blows the whole screen up too tho. I find my self just using it on bosses or Syndicates. It feels every strong. So strong when I tested it in tier 12+ with 4 links it felt great and I immediately changed my template and tree.

I am having a blast with this, but having just come back from a 2 year break I know I lack a lot of knowledge and would love some input from current experts on how I could improve this build.

Gear:

Spoiler

Build:

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/JciyN4eY

Improvements needed imo to be considered top tier build:

1. Defense to be able to take the huge hits.
2. Single Target DPS

Ideas to bring the build to the next level:

1. EE. I am trying to put an ele conversion on gloves to proc EE 24/7 so I do not have to change any jewelry. I have considered changing a support gem in order to incorporate Ice Nova as well to proc EE for the whole screen. This would give the build an insane DPS boost and the DPS seems pretty nice right now, but I don't think it is Atziri/Shaper good (I have never done these yet working on it).

What do you guys think?

2. The Jewels can be vastly improved...I have jewels socketed from an old build. I have been hesitant to buy any because I am not familiar enough with all the new jewels and crafting to feel confident in spending exalts on jewels. Feel free to give me input.

There is a unique jewel which allows you to pen 15% lightning res and gives bonuses to wrath but you must have wrath on. I just switched wrath out for another curse...Wrath can also go on a unique ring you can get but that comes at a cost of 40% increased mana reserve....this would cause me to pull out of occult and go Ele...Lose defense. Would probably have to go straight CI that rout and change helm.

These caught my eye when browsing. Way too expensive but the last one would be an insane DMG increase. The Clarity gem would be a huge buff to livability:
Spoiler

Watcher's Eye Prismatic Jewel8 hours ago[wiki]
• ilvl: 86

o 4% increased maximum Energy Shield
o 6% increased maximum Life
o 4% increased maximum Mana
o 15% of Damage taken gained as Mana over 4 seconds when Hit while affected by Clarity
o 15% chance to Recover 10% of Maximum Mana when you use a Skill while affected by Clarity
o Damage Penetrates 14% Lightning Resistance while affected by Wrath

Watcher's Eye Prismatic Jewel3 hours ago[wiki]
• ilvl: 80

o 4% increased maximum Energy Shield
o 6% increased maximum Life
o 5% increased maximum Mana
o 54% increased Lightning Damage while affected by Wrath
o Damage Penetrates 14% Lightning Resistance while affected by Wrath

Last edited by johnce6 on Jan 5, 2019, 5:16:30 PM
Last bumped on Jan 7, 2019, 4:15:04 AM
I have issues figuring out what my real dps is if anyone can help? PoB says 100k a hit...When I look at similar builds there is much lower though...Hopefully I did something good.

Last edited by johnce6 on Jan 5, 2019, 5:25:04 PM
Last edited by johnce6 on Jan 5, 2019, 2:39:35 AM

Movement and dodging ability vastly improved by changing to current glove links. I really like the flow clearing maps. You could add a quick silver flask but phase run lasts a really long time and is very useful + the addition of vaal haste.

I also took out Ice Nova and put in Shock Nova. I am unsure what is best.

The only change I am currently thinking of doing is changing the regen life flask out for a instant hp either normal flask or the unique that spawns monsters you can kill to proc penetrates and what not.

Build feels very solid so far, but I really want expert feedback if anyone has the time would be greatly appreciated.

I often have trouble staying on target with cyclone. Is there a technique with it? I could really improve boss dps if so. Sometimes it seems longer I spin the harder it is to control.

Is Vaal Arc worth looking into?
Last edited by johnce6 on Jan 5, 2019, 5:26:20 PM
Current Idea I want to try:

Put Herald of Agony on chest drop the brand so I can poison stack like crazy and possibly add wrath back in the mix.

Hmmmm....

I would lose blind on bosses (could put it on gem) and ele weakness...but gain 4 skill points when spec out of extra curse nodes....
Last edited by johnce6 on Jan 5, 2019, 6:29:20 PM
I often have trouble staying on target with cyclone. Is there a technique with it? I could really improve boss dps if so. Sometimes it seems longer I spin the harder it is to control.

Is Vaal Arc worth looking into?[/quote]

Vaal arc wont work as your Arc is in a Cast on Crit, so you can't cast the spell yourself, if i understand correct. Vaal RF would be better for the more multi for bosses.
I really like this build. I want to try it with rares and see how it goes. It just needs hp some better boss damage t15+. It wrecks the normal mobs in all tier maps instantly but the bosses can give issues especially if they move a lot or have crazy hard hits. The summit boss is a serious pain for me. His AoE from the sky hits insanely hard and can one hit me sometimes. I don't one hit syndicates but they flop pretty quick most of the time and i can face tank all ofem on whatever mods but reflect it seems.

I am trying the whole 20k es million dps pet thing right now and so far I want to go back to this. It cleared like crazy and was extremely tanky. I went hp on the above tamplate and have 5k. Feels like I have 2k without all the defenses i had on this one and doesnt clear near as good or quick. Just has better boss dmg.

Someone smart hopefully can come a long and make this a Uber Elder worthy build.
Last edited by johnce6 on Jan 7, 2019, 4:20:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info