[3.5] StupidSmile Ultimate Winter Orb 1M Damage ( Low Life CI + Leech + Regen + Recharge + Tanky )

By combining low life benefit + Critical Damage + Lv28 Skill Gem together with Occultist benefit, with a right gear supported by nice good old jewel, the player are able to rely on a consistent leech while dealing Million of damage at the same time.

This build focus on survival, in order to reach lv100. Therefore, the build damage kinda low compare to other build on the forum. Still at least 1M damage. However, due to our quite solid defense layer, we barely die from any kind of mob that ambush along the way. This include end game map bosses. [/b]

Defense Layer
How we block incoming damage
Spoiler
CWDT Immortal Call setup will make us immune to physical damage from hit for a brief moment. Which is good.

In some cases we just pop block flask, 75% block chance will block 100% attack damage. Just enough time for us to recover back on time.

How we reduce incoming damage
Spoiler
Blind will cost the enemy to lose 50% of their accuracy. This will effect on how many hits will they manage to land on the player and thus the damage themselves.

Freeze/chill will reduce their action speed by 30% at the same time reduce their movement. This will help us reduce boss damage per second.

Enfeeble curse on hit will reduce enemy accuracy more further together with their critical chances and their attack damage.

Artic Armor Aura also will reduce incoming physical and fire damage.

Malediction from occultist node will cause the enemy damage to be reduced by 10%.

How we recover back from incoming damage
Spoiler
Firstly, thanks to the Warlord Mark curse on hit, we are able to leech 2% back consistently using Winter Orb and Storm Orb. The build itself comes with like 700-1000 Es energy shield regeneration per second. This would help us regain back our missing energy without having to rely on leech.

We also have energy shield recharge cannot be interrupted. In case the boss misses on the second attack, this recharge will help us recover all our energy shield to maximum without delay.

Other than that, vaal discipline will help us boost our regeneration + leech to a whole new level.

Pro & Con
Spoiler

Pro
13k energy shield (very tanky)
Powerful and consistent leech
5-6k ES regenerate per second
Million+ of damage
Energy shield recharge cannot be interrupt
Duo curse on hit (bypass hex proof)

Con
Make sure to use reflect ring during delve mine. U never know.

Battle Gear
Spoiler

Void battery wand is pretty nice but kinda felt slow a bit compare to the No1 Undisputed Caster Wand. They are the best wand for the build. For more info visit https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2030369

The main skill combine both Winter Orb and Ice Spear at the same time. Winter Orb will help the player clear remaining mob while ice spear were meant for killing boss.

Different unique armor requires different gem setup.

Gem Links
Spoiler

Look inside battle gear section

Passive Tree

Flasks
Spoiler

Jewels
Spoiler

The most crucial part for the jewel for our low life build. Try look for "unaffected by vulnerability while affected by determination".

This are unique jewel that u can easily get from trade.

Please do try and craft something like this.

Pantheon
Spoiler

Soul of Arakaali (Major God) - for our es regeneration
Soul of Tukohama (Minor God) - physical damage reduction + regeneration

Videos
Spoiler

Coming soon
Last edited by StupidSmile on Jan 17, 2019, 1:03:11 AM
Last bumped on Jan 17, 2019, 1:03:38 AM
Maybe I am missing something, but CI and Low Life are mutually exclusive. When you have CI you have 1 life, but that counts as "full" life, not low life. Low life refers to the percentage of health you have remaining (30% or under to qualify for LL bonuses), not the total amount of health you have. So you are not getting the benefits from Pain Atunement in this build.

Again, unless I am missing something.
Last edited by Xero_Veritas on Jan 5, 2019, 4:45:46 PM
"
Completed 24 ChallengesXero_Veritas wrote:

Again, unless I am missing something.

Coward's legacy.
You have both 50% shock and elemental equilibrium checked in your PoB. Bit misleading, I'd say
"
Completed 25 ChallengesVerdonne wrote:
You have both 50% shock and elemental equilibrium checked in your PoB. Bit misleading, I'd say

i didn't get what u meant by 50% shock and elemental equilibrium checked?

didn't u check that the enemy was hit by lightning damage. That is equilibrium effect. I didn't need to check the elemental equilibrium as it doesn't reflect on the dps. The system already note it from the passive tree.

this is critical build. Therefore, we dont need chance to shock as the skill will 100% shock every time it critical at 20% increase damage taken thanks to beacon of ruin.

"
StupidSmile wrote:

didn't u check that the enemy was hit by lightning damage. That is equilibrium effect. I didn't need to check the elemental equilibrium as it doesn't reflect on the dps. The system already note it from the passive tree.

So what happens is you hit enemies once with lightning damage. Then your 7 projectiles of winter orb hit the enemy. The first one will hit with cold damage and make the enemy have +25% cold resistance. The rest will then do less damage than if you simply unspecced elemental equilibrium.

"
StupidSmile wrote:

this is critical build. Therefore, we dont need chance to shock as the skill will 100% shock every time it critical at 20% increase damage taken thanks to beacon of ruin.

Checking shock in PoB calculates assuming that shocks do 50% increased damage taken, not 20%.
"
Completed 25 ChallengesVerdonne wrote:
"
StupidSmile wrote:

So what happens is you hit enemies once with lightning damage. Then your 7 projectiles of winter orb hit the enemy. The first one will hit with cold damage and make the enemy have +25% cold resistance. The rest will then do less damage than if you simply unspecced elemental equilibrium.

"
StupidSmile wrote:

Checking shock in PoB calculates assuming that shocks do 50% increased damage taken, not 20%.

I see does make sense. I already updated the POB. ty for the point given.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info