Ascendancy trials

another case of GGG still knowing nothing about balance and fair challenge, 7 yrs later

One shot traps,gee, what a surprise. Either content is easy, or it's one shot death's.

Same old since, well... Always.

Meh
GGG - Why you no?
Last bumped on Dec 26, 2018, 9:39:05 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
meh i cant pay attention to a timed trap.
meh i cant time my steps in an arpg game i just wanna press the buttons and be done with it durrrrb ggg
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
meh i cant pay attention to a timed trap.
meh i cant time my steps in an arpg game i just wanna press the buttons and be done with it durrrrb ggg

Meh, servers dc constantly
Meh, lag spikes are intolerable
Meh, let's add more one shot trash
Meh, let's post nothing useful and just be a douche.

As iterated, nothin to see here.

Goof
GGG - Why you no?
Last edited by JoannaDark on Dec 26, 2018, 3:28:03 PM
Don't get me started on this labyrinth stuff!

Anyhoo, they missed an opportunity to make a lot of things more fun and less slavish :)
As much as I hate the Labyrinth and its trials, there's not a single trap that can 1-shot you.
"
As much as I hate the Labyrinth and its trials, there's not a single trap that can 1-shot you.

this is so true.
the funniest part is that lab traps deal % of your max health as dmg

ppl just refuse to learn anything related to lab.
there are only 2 setups for each trial and the amount of lab/uber lab trap areas is very limited as well. there are always safe spots in trap araes but ofc if you just keep spamming your movementskills or dont pay attention to the bleed debuff, you will have a hard time.

bzw there are only 2 options for the puzzles as well and you can clearly see which one it is when you look at them. remembering a few simpel setups seems to be too much these days.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I personally LIKE the concept of the Labyrinth and the trials but as usual TencentGGG indeed have no idea how to implement a good idea in moderation or well-balanced, so it turns out to be too much, too often. On the other hand, it's a LOT easier now than it was at first. I remember when the normal Labyrinth was actually labyrinthine, whereas now it's pretty damn linear. Even cruel is. Merciless is a bit more involved, and Uber is, level difficulty aside, pretty much where the old level 33 normal Labyrinth used to be.

With a few tweaks, I'd love to spend a lot of time in a large dungeon like the Labyrinth, discovering hidden rooms, disabling traps, solving puzzles, tripping levers to open up shortcuts...that shit is really fun. But those few tweaks are probably never going to happen because the Labyrinth was designed for speed-running (they even implemented a daily ladder that no one cared about) and for, as you noted, one-shotting the unwary and the unlucky.

So mostly I just rush the damn thing to get the ever-crucial SSF power boost that is Ascendancy.

Same.
Great concept, poor execution.
Something where I'm not just speed running everything would be a nice change.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Yeah, I was a bit loose with the term 1-shot there. Since it is percentile damage. But let's assume it's a hefty percent and then you're bleeding...it can be very, very quick.

Sometimes I get impatient and just brute force it too. Sometimes there are sequences I couldn't be fucked learning. But for the most part it's usually Izaro that gets me, because he *can* one-shot you, and I tend to play on the Eastern side of the Skilldrasil. Lots of avoidance, lots of vulnerability to one-shots. That and i panic when I see that green circle. Too much PTSD there.

i love the izaro fight,because its so dame predictable.its not just his animations that area easy to see, you can easily tell if he´s able to oneshot you or not based on the mods he has and your defensive stats.

balance wise lab is imO the most optimated part of the game,not by raw numbers but its consistency.
lab is a pure knowledge,preparation and patiention test,it can be done with any build in a reasonable setup.

i totaly understand that there are ppl that hate the lab,because you have to focus a bit more and longer than for most other parts of the game and that opinion is fine.
yes lab can indeed be very punishing,but claims like "i got 1 shoted by a trap" etc just make you lose all credibility regarding this.

with reasonable gear for the content there are nealry no 1 shots in poe except some boss/uniq skills that have a charge up.
this obviously doesnt mean that you cant die in less than 1 sec,but when you die nearly instant its simply not from 1 hit.

i die to stupid and very small mistakes as well,but i cant even remember when i couldnt tell what exacly killed me and how i could have prevented that. this doesnt! include new league meachanics/bosses, for those i have to check a replay

yes i run the new boss fights with a replay setup,because i dont want to check out guides and learn on my own. its kinda sad that there is no death recap (even just a log would hel) in poe.
i understand why they have it that way,but with some things beeing so extremly restricted by rng that is a big mistake imO.
Biggest pain is ass is traps kill minions... trying to run uber with specs make me want to cry...

NS

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info