Questions about Xbox one .

So I got some money for Christmas , and out of this money I’m considering buying a Xbox one for my man cave .
I already play Xbox upstairs , I have the regular console first when it game out . I do have a couple questions before I make this purchase ..

1) if I have a second Xbox that I regularly play Poe on , will my saved data somehow be available from Xbox to Xbox ?
Will my characters on my upstairs console also be on my downstairs console ?

2) how big of a performance boost is the Xbox one x specifically on path of exile compared to the old Xbox one .
Are the load times any quicker ? Load screens are very annoying for me right now on my old console .
Entering a map takes a minute , if I collect items I have to wait a minute to get back to the hideout and than another minute to get back into the map . And I notice people on pc get in instantly , which must be a nice perk .

Any insight on these questions from the devs or any reader who may be able to help me is much appreciated .
Last bumped on Dec 31, 2018, 11:10:15 AM
1) The data is stored on the servers, so normally yes.

2) Yes, loading time on Xbox One X is reduced because this console has a better hard drive
1. Your account is synced by Microsoft if you are a gold member, shouldn't have any issues with that.

2. An external SSD will drop load times to ~5 seconds with the OG Xbox, don't buy an X just for that when $35 will solve your problem. Buy a cheap 256GB SSD (2.5 inch, the kind laptops use) and a USB 3.0 to SATA connector cable. Plus it into the Xbox, it will format, then use the MOVE feature to move the game from internal HD to External SSD drive, load up the game and see the vast difference in load times.

The X is supposed to make it graphically better and remove performance issues. I don't have one but I hear they are pretty nice. I doubt they are $500 nice, so I've personally decided not to upgrade yet.

Last edited by Jauron on Dec 26, 2018, 2:59:07 PM
"
Jauron wrote:
1. Your account is synced by Microsoft if you are a gold member, shouldn't have any issues with that.

Even silver user on PoE get this. All PoE save info is stored by GGG.

Side note that silver users can even use the trade-board, just not group up.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
Well the xbox one x is definitely more performant.

Loading times, well lets say if I play with someone who has a normal xbox, and we leave a finished map at the same time, I am usually loaded into the new map, before they enter my hideout. So I have to wait a big deal everytime. So that definitely feels better.

I use streaming to pc most of the time, in that regard, the xbox one x, has kinda zero issues. The normal xbox couldn't always handle the extra load for encoding the stream and I had no picture for some moments. Can easily kill you.

If the money is not an issue, I would say the x is worth it, together with an elite controller, to make actually use of flasks.

About the chars, they are as other said on the server, so once you login with your account on any console, you have access. What is synced through MSN are the game options. So when you turn off a game, you upload your local settings and once you login on another console it will download it, so you even have same lootfilter, sound settings etc.

I haven't tried yet to boost loading times with an external ssd on the xbox one x, but I think I will just try it out now. Curious if it is faster than normal xbox with external ssd.
Have to say, loading with X and external feels good. Takes like 2-3 sec to enter a new instance of blood aqueduct. Will test this on the old xbox as well, with the same ssd.
"
filix wrote:
Have to say, loading with X and external feels good. Takes like 2-3 sec to enter a new instance of blood aqueduct. Will test this on the old xbox as well, with the same ssd.

Came here to second this one. Using an external SSD is a huge time saver. I would say that due to the better memory configuration and higher bandwidth of the xbox one x the load times with the SSD are significantly better on the one x, however, it does make a huge difference on the one s as well. Overall I would say the load times on the one s are about 3-5 seconds slower on average with the ssd compared to the one x.
Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm.
How much is an ssd can you guys link me one that you guys use
Thanks for all your help guys
Last edited by Skillitek on Dec 28, 2018, 4:47:09 PM
"
Skillitek wrote:
How much is an ssd can you guys link me one that you guys use
Thanks for all your help guys

Important note: Xbox one requires a minimum of 256gb drive in order to format it for games! Do not buy anything smaller or it will not work.

Drive ~$50 (lower if you can get it on sale) - https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-250GB-Internal-MZ-76E250B-AM/dp/B07864WMK8/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1546033714&sr=1-3&keywords=256gb+ssd

Enclosure ~$10 - https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Tool-free-Enclosure-Optimized-EC-UASP/dp/B00OJ3UJ2S/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1546033835&sr=1-3&keywords=ssd+enclosure

You can buy "nicer" looking enclosures but as long as it supports usb3 and uasp you'll be fine.

Edit: If you want it pre-made you can also get something like this. However they cost a lot more at ~$100 - https://www.amazon.com/256GB-Passport-Portable-Storage-WDBK3E2560PSL-WESN/dp/B06XNN2WQM
Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm.
Last edited by Klavmanian on Dec 28, 2018, 4:55:02 PM
"
Skillitek wrote:
So I got some money for Christmas , and out of this money I’m considering buying a Xbox one for my man cave .
I already play Xbox upstairs , I have the regular console first when it game out . I do have a couple questions before I make this purchase ..

1) if I have a second Xbox that I regularly play Poe on , will my saved data somehow be available from Xbox to Xbox ?
Will my characters on my upstairs console also be on my downstairs console ?

2) how big of a performance boost is the Xbox one x specifically on path of exile compared to the old Xbox one .
Are the load times any quicker ? Load screens are very annoying for me right now on my old console .
Entering a map takes a minute , if I collect items I have to wait a minute to get back to the hideout and than another minute to get back into the map . And I notice people on pc get in instantly , which must be a nice perk .

Any insight on these questions from the devs or any reader who may be able to help me is much appreciated .

I have an XBox One upstairs and XBox One X downstairs.

The difference between the X and the XBox One is pretty significant. Load times you can fix with an external SSD hard drive attached to your XBox One, but in game performance is also noticeably better on the X, especially if you have a 4k screen. Your information will be available on both though equally just log into the same profile and the server information will update accordingly. I do get a message when I login on the other box if I want to sync, I always hit yes not sure what would happen if I didn't.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info