[3.5 HC | Video Guide] Winter Orb/Lightning Spire Inquisitor | Shatter ME | Starter/endgame viable

First of all i would like to mention that i want to avoid text of walls in this guide, so let's start.
English isn't my native language.

Video Guide:
[Video Guide] Winter Orb/Lightning Spire Inquisitor | Shatter ME | starter/endgame viable
feel free to ask questions and leave Feedback for improvement

The Guide also includes gameplay footage:
[Video Guide] Winter Orb/Lightning Spire Inquisitor | Shatter ME | starter/endgame viable

Twitch Shaarq --> if u wanna see some live action.

Current gear:

Gear in general:
Spoiler

We start gear section with weapon slot. A rare Sceptre is the way to go… it doesn’t have to be Shaper version… Must haves are a minimum of 80 Crit Chance for Spells and Cast speed. Stats you want are Crit Multi, Spell damage, and every kind of flat elemental damage for spells!

Shield is Crit Chance, Life and resistances.
Helmet i prefer a high evasion one, with high Life roll and Resistances.

Carcass Jack isn’t mandatory but it’s really nice for aoe. The dream chest would be a Shaper Chest with high life, +1 to gems and flat crit to Spells!

Then Glove slot is really important. The gloves have to be Shaper base and you wanna get Slower Projectiles and preferably Faster Casting! i had to stick with Crit multi which isn’t that bad either.

But the ultimate goal for the build are Shaper Gloves crafted with Essence of Insanity which provides you a bunch of additional Cast Speed Multiplier.

For jewels go for Crit Multi and life on normal Jewels or Flat Life and high flat damage rolls on spells on abyss jewels...
On rest of your stuff try to get life, resistances, movement speed on boots and crit multi on Amulet.

6 link
Lightning Spire Trap - Elemental Focus - Added Cold -Increased Crit - Trap and Mine Damage - Added Lightning or Controlled Destruction

Winter Orb Setup
Winter Orb - GMP - Hypothermia - Controlled Destruction

4 Link
Cwdt - Immortal call - Increased Duration - Vaal Righteous Fire

3 Link
herald of Ice - Onslaught - Ice Bite

3 Link
Herald of Thunder - Curse on Hit - Assassins Mark

single
Arctic Armor, Decoy totem

For leveling i used frost bomb and freezing pulse. At lvl12 i switched to blade vortex. I used it for single target the entire leveling period. At lvl28 grab winter orb, it‘s also great for leveling. It doesn‘t make sense to go for crit before you have inevitable judgment on your ascendancy, so level as non crit and take elemental overload on passive tree.

Ascendancy
We are a special snowflake by playing inquisitor nowadays, but that’s fine, let me explain.
Winter orb in combination with herald of ice has great clearspeed potential and therefore no need for elementalist ascendancy in my opinion.
You also get a shit ton of cast Speed from inquisitor, which is pretty nice for winter orb’s ramp up time.

Instruments of Virtue is really nice for leveling, and also map clear. Great pick for Normal Lab!
Righteous Providence isn’t that appealing before you go full crit but we have to pick it because it frees up the way up to inevitable Judgement
And last but not least Augury of Penitence provides great offense and also defense!

All in all i think inquisitor is greatly unappreciated ascendancy class nowadays. it’s a great choice especially with the new introduced winter orb.
You also don’t have to bother with Resistances, so you easily combine winter orb, which is a cold spell with lightning spire, which does lightning damage.

Pantheons
Pantheons i chose Soul of Lunaris and Soul of Gruthkul. Especially Gruthkuls upgrade provides us with a mini temporal chains which is really nice in my opinion.

tree 93

Bandits: help ALIRA
Last edited by Shaarq on Jan 18, 2019, 5:21:11 PM
Last bumped on Mar 12, 2019, 12:49:03 AM
PoB? Or a leveling guide through the tree. You said you leveled toxic rain/CA with quillrain, when did you make the switch over to winter orb?
"
RatedPG wrote:
PoB? Or a leveling guide through the tree. You said you leveled toxic rain/CA with quillrain, when did you make the switch over to winter orb?

I changed leveling description, i don‘t leveled with toxic rain at all xD sorry my bad...
I can add leveling tree, but not before tomorrow. Iam not a big fan of pob, especialy for skills like winter orb or lightning spire. But i added one now, thanks for your feedback.
Last edited by Shaarq on Dec 19, 2018, 2:33:56 AM
You'll save one passive connecting through the intelligence node above coldhearted calculation
"
You'll save one passive connecting through the intelligence node above coldhearted calculation

you're right, i changed it thx mate!
Hey I've been playing your build and it's great! Any changes or upgrades to this?
For this build is not necessary to have mace with shield ?

We can have dual welding daguer (en take wirling blade for movement) or wand ? For exemple ?

"
Aphane wrote:

We can have dual welding daguer (en take wirling blade for movement) or wand ? For exemple ?

sure, you can do that
"
Aphane wrote:

sure, you can do that
At first, i thought this build isn´t good enough for HC. DMG not high enough and enemys come to close.

BUT

If you reached lvl 38 and get
Greater Multiple Projectiles Support Gem https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Greater_Multiple_Projectiles_Support, Winter Orb become massive destructive :D

Enough potential to farm gear, playing SSF-HC. The mines are funny at bossfights - spam all three mines with 10stack WO on you, the boss is nearly instakill.

Good survability because of movement and good HP (take the HP nodes on tree!)

Have Fun ! =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info