Vitality

Unavailable
Unavailable

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Mar 14, 2019, 4:59:27 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I can already tell you that you forgot the % there for the regeneration. Big difference between 0.6 and 0.6% life per second.
Oops!
Balance & Design
I figure I'll post some feedback to get this party train rolling.

Alright, so, background information. My feedback for this skill comes from my 0.9.6 build that I have tweaked and am still attempting in 0.9.7. It is a Blood Magic +Life, +%Life Regen Tank build. Level 63.

In 0.9.6 I relied on Resolute Technique for my solo play DPS when not partied. I had a HP pool of 5000 and regenerated around 380 hp/sec unbuffed and 550 hp/sec buffed, if I recall correctly. I had 4 endurance charge maximum.

In 0.9.7 I pulled points away from this area and focused on more life and armor since life regen nodes were nerfed/removed. Therefore, I rely on Molten Shell for my solo play DPS now. I have a HP pool of 5600 now and regenerate around 318 hp/sec. 4 endurance charge maximum again just to keep the DR high for those chaos-mob crits.

Anyways, with the nerfs to the life regen nodes I expected the new "life regen" aura to help alleviate this issue. Problem is, while 40% of mana reserved on a character with say, 300-500 mana isn't a big deal, 40% of my 5600 HP pool (using Blood Magic) *IS* a big deal.

Now I have done some calculations and it seems that even with using 4 passive skill points to get the 20% reserve reduction, and also coupling it to a fairly high leveled reduced mana gem (say, 75%?), the total mana reserved still can't get much below 20%. That is around 1200 HP "on reserve" just to get, at best 1.5% Life regen for a level 19 Vitality gem. It's just not worth it (for my particular blood magic build)!

So, obviously, the counterpoint: Don't take blood magic passive, and just use blood magic support gem for your most mana intensive skill, and then you can have Vitality aura on. Well, yeah, I guess, but that is a big build change. I liked planning out the idea of the build by having it based around using life to cast things and having high life regen. Granted, perhaps my life regen build was a bit OP in 0.9.6, and it does feel more balanced now, but I just don't like that Vitality is not viable with it to pad the life regen node nerf. (some nodes removed, also no life regen from endurance charges now. True, the increased armor DR cap helps a bit to offset this. It's all give-and-take in this latest patch I've noticed)

Last, this is the way I *thought* the reserve mechanic would work when coupled with Blood Magic, but I was *completely* wrong LOL. I assumed that if I had, say, 2000 HP "on reserve" to keep vitality aura up, that once my life dropped below this "reserve" level, that vitality aura would automatically be kicked off since I no longer have 40% of my HP pool to support it, and that I would keep playing. Well instead, you simply DIE when you get down to that reserve level, lol.

Anyways, unless I change the playstyle of my Blood Magic tank (by getting mana back and using blood magic support gems with certain key skills), Vitality is not viable for him.

----

Did you see Vitality primarily being used on a Aura-only Support Templar build? What classes or builds did you imagine wanting to reserve so much for a limited gain? On the one hand, you'd think this would be good for a witch or dex/int class since they are so far away from the passive life% regen nodes, but then it's obviously a red gem with STR requirements, so.... ?
Last edited by visibiliti on Mar 19, 2012, 12:26:30 PM
If you have health reserved by auras (such as Vitality), does health regen's % work off of your true max or what you have after reserve skills?
"
If you have health reserved by auras (such as Vitality), does health regen's % work off of your true max or what you have after reserve skills?

True max.
So by that, will reserving more than 65% of your life make you always on low life ?
Unviable build tester.
Fuse mechanics:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/21503
95% Crit Build Without Charges [0.10.1c]:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172438
Also, I doubt you can reserve 120% of your max mana using 3 auras. So the support subtheme is exists of 2 small auras, without the ability to use the majority of your skills. Its more of a leechers skill to help Chaos clearers.
Chaos Is Life, Life Is Chaos, Control Is An Illusion.
Thanks Maetaphor for my Beta Key :)
@ visibiliti: Have you ever tested how it goes with 'Blood Rage' ? Does it worth or not, though even at lvel 20 you say it will regen %2 of your life, right ?
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
"
BrecMadak wrote:
@ visibiliti: Have you ever tested how it goes with 'Blood Rage' ? Does it worth or not, though even at lvel 20 you say it will regen %2 of your life, right ?

I personally have never experimented with the skill gem Blood Rage, but since Vitality just adds % life regen (maxes at 1.5% at level 19, I think?) it should help use Blood Rage longer I would imagine. Maybe someone else can chime in to confirm.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info