General Gem Discussion

We've got some new Skill and Support gems for 0.9.7!

I'll make new threads for them shortly, but first have a play with them and try them in a few different situations, before giving feedback. We've had plenty of first-impressions of them, now we need to know how well they play.

• Added a new skill - Puncture: Punctures the target, causing them to bleed. While bleeding, they take damage over time based on how much damage was dealt in the initial hit. The bleeding deals more damage while they move. Puncture works with bows, daggers, claws or swords.
  • Added a new skill - Lightning Arrow: Fires a charged arrow at the target, causing them to be struck by a bolt of lightning which damages nearby enemies.
  • Added a new skill - Summon Skeletons: Summons a group of slow moving skeletal minions. They last 20 seconds before expiring and do not require a corpse when casting.
  • Added a new skill - Burning Arrow: Fires an arrow that deals fire damage to its target and has an increased chance of setting it on fire.
  • Added nine player aura skills: Anger (Fire Damage), Hatred (Cold Damage), Wrath (Lightning Damage), Discipline (Energy Shield), Grace (Evasion), Determination (Armour), Purity (Elemental Resistances), Haste (Attack Speed and Cast Speed) and Vitality (Life Regeneration).

Balance & Design
Last edited by Rory on Sep 10, 2012, 12:38:29 AM
Last bumped on Mar 28, 2024, 12:58:54 PM
What level are these? Wondering how much it would take to actually start see them so I can so as you say and try them out.
Please post the level 1 gems just so I can see them and plan ahead when making my build. Either here, or make the threads and keep them locked until you are ready for feedback? Came here looking for information about the skills, but got nothing more than the patch notes revealed.
Takes time to make copies of them! Just about to post the new ones now.
Balance & Design
Hey there is a pretty much nice BUG with player aura gems.
You can actually remove them from the item and the aura and skill will still work. If you remove the gem you also won't be able to turn off the aura.
"
deMoxE wrote:
Hey there is a pretty much nice BUG with player aura gems.
You can actually remove them from the item and the aura and skill will still work. If you remove the gem you also won't be able to turn off the aura.
You can still remove it by right-clicking the aura/buff icon in the upper left.

Eventually the auras will turn off if you unequip the gem, but it's not implemented yet.
"
Most skill gems have changed starting levels.

(quote from the patch announcement)

Does this affect previous earned gems - are they now legacy or did they get changed?

And: will this information also be added to the skills threads?
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
At work so I haven't had a chance to test the new patch. Anyone know if Grace (Evasion) aura works with Iron Reflexes to increase the armor?
"I remember a better solution in an old issue of Popular Mechanics. A lead coffee cup - kept warm perpetually by a little chunk of plutonium."
Puncture <-- dosent work with 2hand Sword
HARDCORE ONLY ~ ONE LIFE IS ENOUGH

"
flucser wrote:
Puncture <-- dosent work with 2hand Sword
Correct. I'll update the description to make this clear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info