Vortex

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Dec 25, 2023, 6:27:21 PM
I don't know what's better, the skill itself or just the itemization / tree changes that made it work well with all the extra damage everywhere. Feels almost like the old school double dot ignite version, but with instant cast.

Playing anything like Vortex (instant) with Frostbolt (terrible cast time) seems like unnecessary hassle. Combination with Vaal RF and Vaal Cold Snap is better as it can provide additional burst on bosses.

DMG is now good, maybe too good compared to other skills when it comes to performance vs currency investment.

Cooldown is annoying but manageable. Having some way to bypass cooldown would turn Vortex into unbeatable monster above even Arc level.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
The changes to vortex (giving it a cooldown but making it instant) are really unfair to people like me who like using Vortex as a primary skill. It's really annoying to use Vortex as a primary skill when you can only use it every 1.8 seconds.

(EDIT: I tried playing this as a witch, with the intent of going Occultist, but the cooldown was so awful I quickly gave up on the idea of ever building Vortex again in its current state)

I suggest reverting this change and adding a threshold jewel that makes Vortex instant and gives it a cooldown, giving it its current behavior.
[img]http://image.prntscr.com/image/2e57fcaba2ea48cc9832fecc55c6d0d6.png[/img]
Last edited by Commoble on Jan 6, 2019, 3:14:16 PM
Was hoping to find the reason that Intensify was barred from supporting Vortex. Seems like the gem fit well with it.
Is there a way to make the ground effect less vissible? It covers my whole screen and can't see any of the bosses attacks.
Hello GGG Team,

I am trying to understand the thought process and I am struggling behind the nerf change for Cold DoT.

The only two build that would work correctly were Creeping Frost/Cold Snap or Vortex/Coldsnap

Creeping frost had some advantages being ranged cast skill where you could attack from distance.

Vortex was instant cast cause its practically a melee skill, moving this to a cast timer and making it clunky ruins this greatly. And why make it so clunky as a DoT skill since that damage must be taken over time from melee range while Righteous fire another damage over time AOE skill is allowed to move at is same pace?

I am truly confused in trying to understand, if using an AOE melee spell skill would you also make a change to boneshatter builds and add a .5sec pause before attacks because its a used melee skill?

I am frustrated over the changes cause it essentially ruins one of my favorite builds, I dont understand why you would want to surround yourself by mobs as a melee and have a pause to attack.
We all know you don't care, but you might as well just delete Vortex from the game if it's not instant.

It's essentially a useless melee spell with high risk and no reward now.
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
Man put the damn walk cast interaction back into vortex...stop trying to force us into builds that don't work because of clunky nonsense.
Vortex being a 0s cooldown spell made it like a perfect complement to flicker, why did you guys give it a massive cast time and even nerf the damage for good measure?

Why did you kneecap Vortex? Why?

I actually demand answers, I want to know, why did this happen? What made this seem sensible?

Seriously, I've seen no explanation or justification ANYWHERE.

Why?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info