Vaal raise spectre vaal skill gem & Souless Reckoning cobalt jewel

Vaal raise spectre is a vaal alternative to raise spectre with the ability to temporarily raise multiple Non-unique dead enemies at once, rare & magic enemies raised will retain the mods they had before they died, except for bloodline, nemesis & tormented spirit mods, the raised enemies last only for 1-minute

Souless Reckoning is a unique cobalt jewel it,s mods are
With at least 40 Intellect points in threshold 20% chance when you raise a spectre it will retain 3 random mods from a dead rare or magic enemy except for Bloodline, nemesis & tormented spirit mods, 25% increased minion health, 12% increased minion damage, 12% increased Elemental Resistance & + 1 to max number of spectres.

I thought of these to give the raise spectre ability more love

Whats your opinions?
Last edited by CoatedExponent6 on Nov 20, 2018, 8:35:36 AM
Last bumped on Dec 2, 2018, 3:31:29 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
1 minute seems like a long time for vaal spectres, but retaining mods seems like a vaal thing to do. 1 minute might be fine if they don't persist through areas, or maybe have some penalty for them if you want them to persist.

Or you could do something like, consuming a rare or unique corpse extends its duration a little or something.

For Soulless Reckoning, the minion health and damage should probably be spectre health and damage instead and maybe limit it to one.

I agree though, spectres could use a little something. I think that necro perk should give +1 spectre, maybe nerf the health and damage slightly.

I think a lot of people might squeeze it in their build just to raise enemies with 'other allies cannot die' since no more vaal immortal call. They might just add that mod to the list of mods it can't have or something lol.
Thank you for your reply & i agree, i will make the changes to the suggestion, but i will keep the additional spectre though, you can't go wrong with having a little extra muscle.

The buffs for souless Reckoning is now 18% increased spectre health, 8% increased spectre damage 12% increased spectre elemental resistance, drawbacks will be 50% increased curse effects on spectres, 25% reduced effect of auras on spectres & 14% increased chance of being poisened & bleeding. while the changes for Vaal raise spectre is they won't persist to next area, they are more vulnerable to curses, are 5% slower with movement speed & they cannot be raised with the allies can't die aura, because if you have the inspired learning jewel or the headhunters belt & you Vaal raise or dominate a rare with the aura than you & your allies can't die for 20 seconds.
Last edited by CoatedExponent6 on Nov 20, 2018, 8:36:24 AM
Cant wait for "Allies cannot die"-Spectres!
It would depend if GGG would allow it
Last edited by CoatedExponent6 on Nov 20, 2018, 2:45:14 AM
You do realise that the current jewel providing a bonus to the number of spectres has a considerable drawback of them expiring?

Where do you get the idea that adding positive stats to a jewel like that with no drawback would be balanced? Not to mention more mods, when even the Ascendency node only uses increased?

And on top of that you even want to retain mods?

Pick and choose, you really can't have the cake and eat it ten times.
I have made a change to it & added some drawbacks, if it still seems op then due think that a 30-second duration for vaal raise spectres seems long enough? Also the max capp for vaal raise spectrs is 8 spectres. If you have any advice on drawbacks & changes then tell me
Last edited by CoatedExponent6 on Nov 20, 2018, 8:43:04 AM
It seems on a power level that would make it mandatory for any Spectre build, but it's reasonable enough that GGG could figure out the exact balance.

I personally wouldn't be surprised if a jewel like that had reduced damage and life, rather than increased. You don't really need to change it anymore for now imo, I'm sure GGG will know what to do best.

For Vaal Spectres, you should take a look at other Vaal skills and how they're used. Vaal skill builds essentially get 4-5 charges, so you should keep that in mind when designing a new Vaal skill. If you meant never exceeding 8 Spectres regardless of how often you use the skill in succession, then that should be a good ballpark figure. Again, GGG should figure out the rest. I personally find it to be an interesting idea.

I also really want to play a Soul's Wick build at some point, perhaps that feels similar.
Add Vaal Raise Spectre or Riot?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info