New player here/Berserker Cleave viable for solo?

Hi, I recently started playing PoE and had a ton of fun in the campaign. As it was my first character, I built like I felt was right or fun and ended up with the Berserker Ascendency and cleave. I had a feeling that it may be a problematic build but didn’t think that survival would be such an issue in the end game, as I went pretty glass cannon in the campaign without problem, face tanking and out healing damage from bosses and one shotting most mobs (had 12k dps on cleave at the start of act 10).

Now, sometimes I have no problems with a magic tier 1 map, but most of the time I get one shot rather often or cannot deal with large packs, resulting in me not being able to level due to experience loss on death. I have 2,2k hp, 90% physical reduction on big packs, 75% resistance on all elements with flask, around 20k dps on cleave, I spam enduring cry (instant cast) which grants me a total of 600 hps and and 550 hp instantly on a 1,8 second cooldown while also using 1k instant health pots. I also struggle on some bosses while I can face tank others without problem.

I want to solo maps and also the Elder/Shaper, but I am not sure if I can with this build, as I read that Juggernaut seems overall better than berserker, and that there are also other builds that use cleave as main damage on other classes. I am also aware that my passive tree has a lot of bad choices, investing points in bleed damage and sword specialization, having only 20 reset points now (which is not enough, especially if I have to reskill my berserker ascendency) and getting a full tree reset with the Betrayal expansion is unlikely from what I read.

I want to know the following:

Is my build viable and I am doing something wrong?

Can I fix my passive tree with 20-40 refund points?

Is there a viable cleave build that can solo the two bosses on normal mode?

Should I just level a new char?
Last bumped on Nov 28, 2018, 3:17:26 PM
as an armor user you will need at least 4-5k life. you should check to make sure you are getting your resistances from your items and not from the skill tree. also berserker is probably the worst class in the game right now. I would suggest you check out engineering eternity on youtube for some basic guides that should have you ready for when betrayal league drops.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaFHfrY-6uGSAvmczp_7a6Q

The Youtube channel for Engineering Eternity for easy access.
"
Lucasie wrote:
I have 2,2k hp

That's far too low. Get gear with more flat life (and strength) and increased % life in the tree.

Unset "hide character tab" in your account settings and give us a link to your character, e.g.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Norky/characters/character=AngryLittleSausage
is one of mine (semi-retired, so the gear is bad)
Last edited by Norky on Nov 25, 2018, 10:04:54 AM
Thx for the replies, in the mean time I reskilled my tree for more HP, got more resistence from gear and so on, after I didn't feel like playing juggernaut.

I feel pretty confident with my berserker now, doing some tier 7 maps and exploring the atlas, trying to find (or buy) equip i neeed.

I think it's really great how they balance the game around survival being important due the harsh punishment and cant wait to play the new league, where i plan on playing a similar build with the duelist.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info