Impale effect

This thread is new-players oriented.

"
When you Impale an enemy, 10% of the unmitigated physical damage of the attack is stored, and the next 5 hits that enemy takes from any source will cause them to also take this stored damage.

Additional damage applied by the debuff is reflected physical damage, multiple instances of Impale combine total damage into a single 'reflected damage hit'.

So, how good is it?

PvP damage scaling formula for physical damage is:

(((D / T) / 100) ^ 0.6) * 100 * T

Let's say you have a melee build that deals 15k avg. physical damage per hit at 10 hits/sec rate, avg. pvp damage vs. a target that has no physical mitigation will be about:

(((15000 / 0.1) / 100) ^ 0.6) * 100 * 0.1 = 805

A single instance of Impale will add:

(((1500 / 0.1) / 100) ^ 0.6) * 100 * 0.1 = 202

In order to fully utilize at least one impale debuff effect you have to land 1+5 hits on a target.
if you apply the debuff with very first hit only - total damage bonus from the debuff for 6-hits sequence will be:

202*5 / (805*6)*100 = 20%

if each hit will apply additional Impale debuff:
Spoiler

6-hits sequence getting 39% damage bonus, last hit in sequence hits 66% harder than first one.

So, friend, is it good?

Nope. A fast hitting melee build just suck less now, just a tiny bit, don't bother, nothing abusable unless they forgot to implement a damage reduction mechanics to impale debuff, in this case we'll get pre 3.1.0 bleed-like BS all around.
Last bumped on Nov 20, 2018, 10:03:01 PM
"
g64 wrote:
nothing abusable unless they forgot to implement a damage reduction mechanics to impale debuff, in this case we'll get pre 3.1.0 bleed-like BS all around.

Well, this is GGG of course the skill will not have damage reduction. In 3 months maybe.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302

I'm gonna smash people's faces tho.

Cheers!
Last edited by VZ58 on Nov 19, 2018, 7:54:46 PM
"
VZ58 wrote:

Cheers!

Come smash my ass Daddy
Spoiler
"
googie337 wrote:
"
VZ58 wrote:

Cheers!

Come smash my ass Daddy

.... fight me.
I think this skill can hit multiple times in one activation so it sort of has T bypass

"
The projectiles are unleashed in rapid succession, making them capable of hitting close enemies with multiple projectiles

but from the looks of it probably hard to do so
"
g64 wrote:

So, friend, is it good?

I almost feel like that's a reference, a shot fired if you will.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
"
VZ58 wrote:
Spoiler
"
googie337 wrote:
"
VZ58 wrote: