Poison self-stacking via Golden Rule vs. Soul of Shakari

What does "immune" mean?
I used Soul of Shakari upgrade and it didn't display self-inflicted poisons although using the Golden Rule Jewel and enough chance to poison on hit.
I understand I don't take any damage, but will it make the poisons longer when playing the "recently" poison assassin - ascendency.
When I take a CI character the self-inflicted poisons are displayed with a green icon - "immune" is not "cannot be affected", right?
Last bumped on Oct 31, 2018, 6:47:02 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Izanagi01 wrote:
What does "immune" mean?
I used Soul of Shakari upgrade and it didn't display self-inflicted poisons although using the Golden Rule Jewel and enough chance to poison on hit.
I understand I don't take any damage, but will it make the poisons longer when playing the "recently" poison assassin - ascendency.
When I take a CI character the self-inflicted poisons are displayed with a green icon - "immune" is not "cannot be affected", right?

If you're immune to Poison, then Poison cannot be inflicted on you. In the case of "The Golden Rule" jewel, any Poison you inflict essentially won't be reflected back to you because you're immune to Poison.

"Chaos Inoculation" Keystone says "Immune to Chaos Damage", you can still have Poison on you, however it simply won't deal any damage.

In the case of "unaffected", let's take "Atziri's Reflection as an example. The wording says "Unaffected by Curses", what this means is that you can still be cursed, however the curse will have no effect on you.

I hope this helps.
Thank you for the quick reply!

Sry, typo, I meant cannot be inflicted on you.
Like in:
"Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you"

So immune really always means "cannot be inflicted with" & if you are already inflicted it is removed?
"cannot be inflicted with" you can't get it new, but if it's on you it works?

"unaffected by" means it can be inflicted on you, but has no effect?
"
Izanagi01 wrote:
Thank you for the quick reply!

Sry, typo, I meant cannot be inflicted on you.
Like in:
"Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you"

So immune really always means "cannot be inflicted with" & if you are already inflicted it is removed?
"cannot be inflicted with" you can't get it new, but if it's on you it works?

"Immune" is basically "cannot be inflicted", where as "unaffected by" basically means that you can still have the debuff, it just won't do anything.

If you become immune to a debuff while it is on you, then it will be removed.
For example, if you had Poison on you, and then you became immune to Poison then that Poison would be removed from you.

"
Izanagi01 wrote:
"unaffected by" means it can be inflicted on you, but has no effect?

This is correct.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info