Blood Rage & Damage on Full Life Support

I’ve been trying this dual strike assassin build for the last 3 days with a good rare claw & bloodseeker. I’ve got 3.6% life reg. vs. 4% degen. of Blood Rage. The question is: Is my attack speed & life leech good enough to make an effective use of Damage on Full Life Support when blood rage degen. lowers my life by a tiny rate? Or, do I need more life reg. to make an effective use of DoFL during boss fights? I’m sure this has been discussed before but I’ve wanted to test for my specific gear and build (mostly copied from a build guide on a shadow forum thread) and see the relevant numbers myself.

I’ve picked the boss “Depraved Trinity” in the Rotting Core zone for my test runs. I replaced my good rare claw with a crap, lowest level claw and reduced my 6-link to 2 or 3-links so that my dps is lowered and the boss fight is long enough. There were two setups with or without the DoFL:

Setup 1:
2-Link: Dual Strike + Multi Strike
Attack per Second: 7.97 with blood rage but without any frenzy charges
Test 1 kill time: 56s
Test2 kill time: 52s
Test3 kill time: 53s

Setup 2:
3-Link: Dual Strike + Multi Strike + DoFL
APS: same as before with blood rage
Test 1 kill time: 49s
Test2 kill time: 35s
Test3 kill time: 36s
Test4 kill time: 45s (not shown on the video the link of which is provided below)

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQAx-W5CJgY&feature=youtu.be

The character sheet is up during the second setup to get a live damage measurement during the boss fight. I’ve run 3 tests for each setup as there is a lot of RNG and other randomness: 89% hit chance, 70% main hand to crit. when on max. power charges, possible frenzy charges, possible single enemy fight without any nearby enemies (100% inc. dmg) and playing hide & seek with the boss. The boss is not a dummy target there but goes and comes back and forth which have made my tests less smooth. Of course, I would probably not facetank high end bosses (e.g. shaper) like in the video (but it may be possible with the bloodseeker). Also, my rare claw has higher attack speed and with my rare claw, bloodseeker & blood rage, I achieve 8.85 APS (and also, 90% hit chance). It increases to further to 9.57 with a silver flask so that I should make a slightly better use of MoFL.

Conclusion: I believe that most of my attacks (+95%) make use of MoFL based on the 7 test runs above. I do “not” believe that 100% of my attacks make use of MoFL even though I got very high leech (instant on Bloodseeker).

Can anyone explain me how life reg. and blood rage deg. theoretically work and how well does this 6-link work: DS + MS + MoFL + Maim+Melee Phys. Dmg. + Ruthless? Thank you all for your answers and comments. I really appreciate it.

Last edited by Varvarel on Oct 9, 2018, 8:19:40 PM
Last bumped on Oct 10, 2018, 5:01:31 PM
If you are taking Damage over Time, but at the same time you are Recovering Life at a rate that is faster than the DoT amount, you are still considered on Full Life. The life orb might not be showing as completely full due to network synchronization issues, but mechanically you are always on Full Life.

That means you only lose the Attack Damage on Full Life bonus when you actually get Hit (or if you start taking more DoT than you can recover). The bonus from the support should be properly reflected in your character sheet while active.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Oct 9, 2018, 11:24:57 PM
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
... The bonus from the support should be properly reflected in your character sheet while active.

As you can check on my video recordings, the damage on my character sheet isn't constant but flickers most of the time. I know there are other factors (power or frenzy charges, single or multiple enemies) that can cause this erratic change but it is mostly related to my degeneration and leech just as my total life constantly goes up and down by a tiny amount.
I've done further testing with the vitality aura to completely negate the blood rage degen and it didn't reduce my killing times in any way. So, DoFL is mostly in effect.
"
Varvarel wrote:
I've done further testing with the vitality aura to completely negate the blood rage degen and it didn't reduce my killing times in any way. So, DoFL is mostly in effect.

yeah, thats what Abdiel said. His post is 100% correct.
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Oct 10, 2018, 5:02:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info