[W.i.P.] My Hideout(s) - (updated Sept/2018)

Greetings stranger!

You have found my HOs archive, sort off...

Introduction

Since the ever first mentioning of Hideouts being implemented I have been eager to get hands on one for myself. That feature gave me a whole new level of gaming sense for PoE. Since that day I tried to put bit by bit something together, trying various creations, with various outcomes. Having tons of ideas of Hideouts themes... even further boosted with the immense number of HOs made by others, giving me even more ideas, inspirations... but crapy time and resources to realize them :s

I am still in a sort of... testifycation phase, thus most of the posted screenshots below are more likely being separated parts, areas of my potential future HO(s)...
You can find various themes and arts in my HO showcase.

Screenshots are not edited, taken back in time when it was not intented to publicly release them, thus my apologies for the unclean pics. (ie. corner map, quest tracker, etc.)

During leagues I tend to build up at least a waypoint entry area, so the first impression when entering my HO is always interesting and not plain as by default, even if the rest of the HO is untouched.

The reason why I made this thread is partly for me to be a sort of an archive for future evidence, and partly for giving you maybe some inspirations, ... also the feedback is a great reason as well :)

Title: not named yet
League: Standard
Layout: Battle scarred, Vagan 7 (T3 HO)
Theme: n/a

This is my main HO since day zero. I am trying various setups in here, and as the time passed by the place became nearly full. Thus nowadays at first glance it may look like one complex theme... but it is actually not. When looking closely at it you may notice that there are more than 4-5 various HO styles, in different parts of the HO. I just somewhat connected them.
You may find here a Jungle part, Sacrifice Ritual, Altars, Crypt, Temple, Ruins, Keep, Torture Chamber, Treasure Cave, Steampunk/Thaumaturgic map device, Battle Camp.

W/O further blablabla...

Pics

Ritual of Sacrifice & Occult Waypoint entry area

Bloody Gate entrance

Elreon's Ruined Temple

Leo's Torture Chamber

Ancient Crypt Cave

Cruelty Altar

Stash Camp

Zana's Cave - map device

View full album >>> click here <<<

Title: Dark Crystal Corrupted Ritual Altar Waypoint Entry Area
League: Prophecy
Layout: any
Theme: occult waypoint

The waypoint entry area build during the Prophecy league.
Sort of a occult ritual place corrupted by the Dark Crystals. Unfortunately I had no luck getting the Dark Fireworks HO decoration from the Darkness Mystery box :(( Q_Q

Pics

Title: Rotunde Crypt Waypoint
League: Essence
Layout: any
Theme: masked WP

A simple WP overhaul, covering it so it looks like a building.

Pics

Title: Stranded
League: Abyss
Layout: Haku's (T3)
Theme: Stranded, battlefield, machinery

One of my more complex Hideouts, yet still started as a testfield, but turned out into something more complex. Inspired by imagining a siege on Lioneye's Watch.
Strand, sand, pools of blood, scent of rotting flesh, one can just imagine what a slaughter has found place on this piece of land.
After a harsh storm on the sea, an Oriathian ship gets washed ashore, some alive, some less lucky. Full of gold and supplies for Templars. Unfortunately for the ship survivors, as the area is occupied by the banished Masters and several exiles. The masters have established a porting device on this forgoten piece of ruins, and by no means they gonna allow the Oriathian dogs to capture it. Shortly the Strand turned into a local battlefield, bloody and merciless. Barricades have been raised by the Oriath Soldiers, but as the ship gets wrecked with couple of precise catapult shots, dismembering most of the ship crew, the battle turned. The Oriathian elites charged against the defenders in final push for glory or death, or rather glory in death should I say. Successfully destroying one of the catapults, sparing none on their way.
They fought hard
but to no prevail.
Masters claimed victory
and now
just the fetid corpses tell the tale
of what's happened on this place.

VIDEO LINK

Pics

Title: Overgrown Crypt
League: Bestiary
Layout: Tora's (T3)
Theme: crypt, vaalish, occult

I've always wanted to try out to make a crypt HO, inspired by the catacombs zone etc. However during that season time Tora was the only Master I had met, so lel. As always, again all started with just a temporal testing of various decor setups, until I furnished the whole place.
The area is split into 2 parts, mainly the entrance WP area with an occult altar inside the crypt itself, right in front of an shrine sort of thing, across the bridge lies an abandoned ruin of some church, where Catarina took her place, practicing her Summoning of Raging Spirits :)

Pics

Title: Crypt Altar
League: Bestiary
Layout: Catarina's (T3)
Theme: crypt, abyss, altar, sacrifice, occult, bloody, dark, gloomy

I have been unsadisfied with my previous Bestiary HO, so I discarded it completely, and I've picked up a new Master HO for the crypt feeling. I really enjoyed this one, came out great, sadly I have not alot of screenshots nor a video :/ The rest of the HO was unfinished, since the league got to it's end.
One day, I gonna rebuild this gloomy evil beauty :)

Pics

Title: Alva's Research Temple
League: Incursion
Layout: Elreon's (T3)
Theme: In the seek of lost ancient temple

Alva Valai is in search for the lost ancient treasures of Atzoatl, studying the overgrown temple ruins, practicing the ancient bloody sacrificial rituals... In a nearby chamber is an abandoned, yet functional map devide, but it seems to lead anywhere but to Atzoatl...

Pics

Title: The Mine
League: Delve
Layout: Elreon's (T3)
Theme: Mines, machinery, corruption
### Description will be added later in future ###
I have also made a separate topic for this one, since it is my first full finished and one theme focused HO. >>> link here <<<

VIDEO LINK

Pics

In case you would like to visit my Hideout just try to PM me when you are in game. If I am online, I gonna inv you asap.
You are welcome, Exile! ;-)
Playing for joy ♥

If interested, check out my Hideout(s): /view-thread/2226019
Last edited by Moribundus on Jan 18, 2022, 7:03:25 PM
Last bumped on Sep 23, 2018, 4:04:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info