Hotfix 2 for 3.4.2

• Fixed a bug where loot allocation options did not correctly save.
  • Fixed an instance crash with the Aegis skills granted by the unique shields Invictus Solaris, Vix Lunaris and Magna Eclipsis.
  • Fixed a client and instance crash with Scourge Arrow and multiple projectiles.

This has been deployed without a restart.

You will need to close and reopen your client to update to the client elements of this hotfix.

Last bumped on Sep 19, 2018, 8:12:38 AM
Thanks for the quick fixes!
Well, at least you're fixing things almost as fast as you're breaking them. Got to keep ahead of the entropy!
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
Please fix Scourge Arrows, because now there are more problems with the skill than the Pods mechanic bug itself I caught onto. Its description is also poorly worded. SA needs to go back the way it was, that or have its most current game state changed (mechanic-wise) and revised (wording).

There are also fewer arrows shot than before, and as a result, clear speed is slower when using SA.

Scourge Arrows' new description reads:

"Channel to draw your bow back, gaining stages while it is held. Release to fire a chaos-infused piercing shot that drops a spore pod along its path for each stage. The pods blossom, firing a nova of thorn arrows. Additional projectile modifiers add arrows to the initial shot. Spore pods are split between these arrows."

What is really happening now with SA's Pods mechanic behavior:

Additional shots do not drop spore pods along their path like they should. Only one chaos-infused piercing shot drops spore pods equivalent to the number of stages accumulated if that 1 shot is modified by any additional projectile modifiers like: Rain of Splinters (Unique Jewel), Death's Harp (Bow), Greater Multiple Projectiles, or Lesser Multiple Projectiles.

Had the above explained not been then case, sure, the newest update to Scourge Arrow would have been great, yet that is not the case at all.

In other words, unless the fix is implemented where additional shots after the initial shot also drop spore pods that shoot a nova of arrows along their path, then better each pod shoot those ‘additional’ arrows each (like before) than only the initial shot shooting those additional arrows.

Suggested revision to SA's new tooltip description:

Draw your bow back to channel, gaining stages while it is held. Release to fire a chaos-infused piercing shot that drops a spore pod along its path for each stage. The pods blossom, firing a nova of thorn arrows. Additional projectile modifiers add arrows to the initial shot. Spore pods are split between those arrows.

Reason for tooltip description revision:

Animation-wise (and because it makes better sense), drawing the bow back happens first before channeling takes effect. The word 'these' like in the original description should be 'those' to refer to the aforementioned arrows in the previous line, explaining what happens when those arrows are supported by additional projectile modifiers.

Thank you for looking into this.
HeavyMetalGear
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Sep 14, 2018, 3:31:46 AM
Is there any ETA on the fix for bosses getting stuck in walls and objects? Every boss/rogue exile I knock back against a wall gets stuck. Every boss with a charge gets stuck in a wall. I fail to complete half of my maps because of that. I don't think I've had so much trouble with PoE since beta...
quality on maps still not there using zana shape mod o_O ?
Hi, not this patch, I know, but big thanks for fixing/changing/buffing Flame Dash.
I can't use Leap Slam, my ears can't take the noise, and using a move skill that can't jump boundaries is a no-go, so I'm pretty much left with Flame Dash.

Using it this league has been quite enjoyable, so just wanted to let you know I appreciate it. Great move skill now, thanks again.
Player numbers are plummeting.
I hope act 10 Kitava fight crash gets fixed soon.
Did this update manipulate the graphics driver? My computer screens went blank during the update...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info