[3.4] Anri's Max Block Sunder Gladiator | Facetank | Multiple Defense Layers

Hi, I'm Anri and this is my build created around idea to be truly invincible. I wanted to make a character that will reach the deepest delves and highest tiers of maps. I achieved this by having 82/82 block, 90% physical mitigation, 57% evade chance (because of blind) and 100% reduced extra damage taken from critical strikes.

Videos

Spoiler
Maze of the Minotaur (-11 max res)
https://www.youtube.com/embed/Z-0xUEN6Kf8

There will be more videos coming soon.

Mandatory gear

Spoiler
Ahn's Contempt

Alongside decent life, this helmet gives us 50% reduced extra damage from critical strikes. Together with other gear and passive tree choices, we are able to achieve 100%.

Belt of the Deceiver

Great all-rounded belt. Life, resists, intimidation (enemies take 10% increased attack damage) and further scaling of critical strikes extra damage.

The Anvil

+3% to max block speaks for itself. Must-have in a max block build.

Nebuloch

Our 6 endurance charges grant us significant boost with this weapon. The only downside is the "200 Fire Damage taken per second per Endurance Charge if you've been Hit Recently" mod, but with this much stacked layers of defense, we rarely get hit, thus making the degen almost absent.

Useful uniques

Spoiler
Skin of the Loyal

The only reasonable choice for a unique chestpiece.

The Surrender

Grants a free counterattack skill, freeing up space for other links and gives a 250 life on block. Overall great shield. Cheaper option would be Lioneye's

Veruso's Batering Rams

Despite not having life roll, these gloves play important role by giving us a shock prevention.

Atziri's Promise

Great flask, we benefit from both physical and elemental rolls, so it's important to look for high rolls.

Lion's Roar

Another great flask, raw damage.

Rumi's Concoction

Useful flask to help fill out the block chance. We only benefit from the "Chance to Block Attack Damage during Flask effect" mod, as our spell block chance is only affected by attack block chance.

Brute Fore Solution & Fluid Motion

These jewels come in handy when we run low on stats.

Gems and links

Spoiler
Body Armour
Sunder - Multistrike - Melee Physical Damage - Ruthless - Endurance Charge on Melee Stun - Concentrated Effect

Weapon
Herald of Purity - Herald of Ash - Vaal Ancestral Warchief

Shield
Riposte - Life Gain on Hit - Melee Splash

Helmet
Cast when Damage Taken (lv. 1) - Tempest Shield (lv. 1) - Flesh Offering (lv. 1) - Cold Snap (lv.1)

Gloves
Shield Charge - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Blood Magic

Boots
Blasphemy - Enfeeble - Blood Rage - Portal

Skill tree and PoB

Ascendancy

Spoiler
Painforged > Versatile Combatant > Violent Retaliation > Blood in the Eyes

Bandits

Spoiler
Kill all.

Pantheon

Spoiler
Soul of the Brine King and Soul of Tukohama

Pros and cons

Spoiler
+ You can facetank almost everything
+ Cheap to start, relatively cheap to tackle the endgame
+ Hardcore viable

- Kinda slow compared to other builds
- Low damage at the cost of high survivability
- Weak against degens

Difficult map mods

Spoiler
Physical/elemental reflect: equip Sibyl's Lament into appropriate slot.
No regen: doable, don't activate Blood Rage, manage your life flask and do not spam your movement skill.
No leech: also doable, but very clunky, worth rerolling. If you cannot, remember that The Anvil gives you mana on block.

Closing remarks

Spoiler
Flesh offering coonsumes corpses, effectively preventing most of the damage from Detonate Dead.

I got +1 curse Anvil for cheap, so I incorporated second curse, temp chains.

Herald of Purity is there mostly for the minions that distract mobs.

It is highly recommended to have a "Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you" corrupted jewel, Vaal Temple and also general mapping becomes much easier and safer.

It is important to have some mana leech, either on one of the jewels or rings.
Last bumped on Oct 1, 2018, 2:01:50 PM
Why not Loreweave? Willing to bet it's more damage than a simple +1 to all gems.
No mercy for the weak. No pity for the dying. No tears for the slain.
incompleted build lack on info requiered how about weapon to use alternate gloves or body armour this is verry unfriendly share
🅰🅻🅸🅽 ::: ! ♥ PoE ツ 👌 :::
Last edited by 4lin on Oct 1, 2018, 2:02:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info