Vings' Riddle Giveaways!

Why Have These Riddle Giveaways Here?

Spoiler
For the past few leagues I've been doing giveaways based on solving riddles whenever a league is a month or closer to finishing up, and the response has been very satisfactory with sometimes 100+ participants in global chat. Just some days ago I felt I was done with Incursion SC, and roughly 90 exalts worth of gear was awarded as prizes (among it a much sought after Headhunter) to the first person to answer one of a series of riddles correctly.

While any and all could participate, the events have always taken place within a very confined time frame. So to combat that, and allow a broader audience to participate, I thought I would move that giveaway and alter it to be a continuous giveaway here as a forum thread that gets updated as a league progresses. Whenever a riddle has been solved, the winner takes his/her prize, and a new riddle is posted. Another major bonus of moving this to a forum thread is that it's way easier to control how many times each person makes a guess. It was not uncommon for people to hit triple digit guesses in these events.

Short FAQ Bits

"
Who Can Participate?
Any and all! The prizes will always be item(s), which may or may not include currency items, that exist in the currently active league.

How Do I Participate?
By submitting your guess as a thread reply in this very thread.

How Is A Winner Declared?
A winner is announced by yours truly as soon as I see a correct answer in the thread. I dare guarantee that this will be within 48h of the answer being posted. The winner will then simply be contacted by me to make the trade for the prize in-game at our best convenience.

What Determines What A Prize Will Be?
What I have in my pockets, and what other people may feel inclined to donate to the prize pool. Expect more humble prizes early in leagues, and juicy grabs as the league progresses further!

Got more ideas for this riddle giveaway? Would you by any chance want to contribute with item(s) to make the prize pool more desirable? Do you like the concept, hate it? Voice your opinion below and I'll use it to further polish the idea to have it working as best as possible!

To see a sample of previous riddles, unhide the spoilers below. The riddles are broad and general, and as such are not at all bound by Path of Exile elements. Consequently, the answers range from the physical to the abstract, from the living entities to the objects.

Previous Riddles

Spoiler

Vings' First Riddle (Incursion SC)
Spoiler
Envied by man, left wanting for more.
His divine portrayal, perfected by lore.
His desire unquenched, his fire soon drenched, the shackled are those we cry for.​

This riddle's answer was rewarded with a Headhunter belt.

Vings' Second Riddle (Incursion SC)
Spoiler
A chiseled face, a gallant robe, a halting pace, a humble tobe.
Skins unveiled, laid bare as kin, he'll judge and praise for what's within.
Outrun, outwit, outlast, outstand. Sinner or Saint he'll guide your hand.
Heed his call and find your peace, turn from him and all shall cease.

The answer to this riddle I've posted in an online forum, so for your own sake don't google this particular riddle. Ruins the fun of solving it.)

Vings' Third Riddle (Incursion SC)
Spoiler
It smothers the sound, puts ideas in the ground, till a king of them all has been crowned.
In numbers it thrives, it always survives, all but hope, it of us all, deprives.

I believe this riddle had the prize of a Xoph's Blood and a 6L Chin Sol, and a few more exalts.

Vings' Fourth Riddle (Incursion SC)
Spoiler
At times I am proper, at rest lie my curse
Free will is my copper, now deep in your purse
With you I stand bare, desire and despair, your gold I still crave for the worse.
Who are you?

The prize for this one was roughly 8 ex worth of gear and trinkets.

Vings' Fifth Riddle (Incursion SC)
Spoiler
We travel on highways, to some place or no place.
Your eyes but a dead gaze, our paths form a grand maze.
We're born on the road, where none ever trode, to bless you with gifts by our grace.
Who are we?

Around 4 ex was awarded for this one.​

"
RESERVED FOR THE UPCOMING FIRST DELVE RIDDLE.

All the best wishes,
Vings
Last bumped on Aug 16, 2018, 1:09:43 PM
Hey man. I hoped I'll get some of that soon. I'll be following this tread <3
Last edited by meimuri00 on Aug 16, 2018, 1:16:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info