[3.5] Ice CRASH IT ALL Juggernaut * beginner & budget friendly! tank with high dps! VIDEO GUIDE


Hi guys,
this is my Ice CRASH IT ALL Juggernaut build guide. I reached level 94 in the incursion league and melting endgame content atm. The build can reach about 1,5 - 2,5m Shaper dps and is still pretty tanky because of the Juggernaut Ascendancy and other defense mechanics we can reach high physical damage reduction. The build also freezes nearly everything because of heavy hits with cold damage.

Video: How to create & improve builds with Path of Building!

3.5:
Because of the statstick nerf We use two doryani‘s catalyst or a Nebuloch in the offhand....everything else stays the same for now.

Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/kjH5VXdQ

Video's:
>>> NEW VIDEO BUILD Guide <<<
Video PREVIEW
Video: Shaper Guardians

I will update the guide while progressing with this build! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask them in this thread, please no PM's! Thanks

Pro's and Con's
+ Tanky (resistance cap 80%, 6K life, freeze&stun nearly everything, high phy. damage reduction)
+ High dps (about 1,5 - 2,5m shaper dps are possible)
+ Melts bosses
+ Fast movement speed
+ budget & beginner friendly
+ easy and fun playstyle
+ Immune to stun, freeze, chill, temporal chains,...

- elemental reflection map mode can't be done
- clear speed is fast but could be faster

Gear & Skills:(gear with lvl 94)




Gear options

Main hand weapon:
> Doryani's Catalyst: I guess bis for this build, get a doryani's with high attack speed, dps and elemental damage.
> Frostbreath: a good budget friendly weapon with great synergies.
> Rare Mace: High aps and dps.

Offhand stats stick:
> A second Doryani’s Catalyst or Nebuloch are good options.

Body armour:
> Loreweave: is actually the option I wanna go with because it gives the best dps of all chest and elemental damage resistance cap of 80% is just crazy good.
> The Brass Dome: crazy good defensive option. In combination with Unbreakable you will get really tanky.
> Inpulsa's Broken Heart: this chest gives a big boost to dps and clear speed in combination with Yoke of Suffering. I guess the best option for clear speed.

Helmet:
> Abyssus: is just crazy good for dps. It increases dps by at least 1/4 to other options. IMO best in slot for this build.
> Starkonja's Head: is good alternative and will gives your more survivability.

The best option as helmet entchantment is "% of physical ice crash damage gained as extra...", then "Ice Crash Damage" and then "Ice Crash Area".

Amulet:
> The Pandemonius: Very good amulett for dps and also defense because it gives us more or less a 100% to chill & blind enemies.
> Yoke of Suffering: great amulett for this build gives crazy amount of dps because it allows us to shock enemies with our cold damage.
> A rare amulett with high life, resistances, and good offensive mods like crit multipliers or "... gained as extra..."

Rings:
> Rare rings: high life and resistances.
> Mark of the elder: in combination with a shaper ring the best option for dps.

Gloves:
> Hrimburn: helps us to convert the remaining physical damage from Ice Crash to cold damage. Another option to convert would be with a Watcher's Eye with Hatred mode.
> Rare Gloves: high life, resistances, melee phy. damage, attack speed

Belt:
> Stygian Vise: a stygian vise with high life and resistances is best in slot.

Boots:
> Kaom's Roots: great boost to life and make us immune to stun, chill, freeze and temporal chains.
> Rare boots: high life, resistances and movement speed.


Flasks

> Life Flask with anti bleeding
> Diamond Flask: great boost to dps
> Sulphur Flask: boost to dps and survivability
> Atziri's Promise: boost to dps and sustain
> Lion's Roar: great for survivability and gives a massive boost to dps
> Quicksilver Flask: is a great option for faster clear speed
> Taste of Hate: also a great option for dps and survivability
> The Wise Oak: also very strong for both dps and survivability.


budget gear with level 75


Skills

Ice Crash:
Ice Crash > Multistrike > Concentrated Effect / Increased Area of Effect > Melee Physical Damage > Elemental Damage with Attacks > Ruthless

Movement:
Leap Slam > Faster Attacks > Fortify

Cast When Damage Taken:
CWDT (high level) > Immortal Call > Summon Lightning Golem
CWDT (low level) > Frost Bomb > Curse (Enfeeble or Frostbite)

Utility & Mana Reservation:
Hatred
Herald of Ice or Herald of Ash (use only 1)
Vaal Haste
Blood Rage

Ancestral Protector


Ascendancy, Skill Tree, Pantheon & Bandits:
Ascendancy Juggernaut:
1) Undeniable
2) Unflinching
3) Unbreakable
4) Unyielding


Skill Tree with lvl 94: Click me!

Pantheon:
> Soul of Arakaali
> Soul of Tukohama

Bandits: kill them all for two points!

Leveling:
Spoiler

I started leveling with ground slam until I got Ice Crash with level 28. Try to get all gems shown in the "Skills" section as soon as possible and try to make the setups work as fast as possible. Also make the first lab as soon as possible because this is extremly powerful for leveling and will increase your speed a lot.

The ancestral protector totems helps a lot with single target. Early on I would recommend to use clarity for mana sustain and as soon as you get Herald's use them.

Leveling Flask Setup:
2 x Life Flasks
2 x Quicksilver Flasks
1 x Mana Flask

Use leveling items like Tabula Rasa, Wanderlust, Thief's Tourment or Meginord belt. For mainhand I would go with
Brightbeak (level 20) > Frostbreath (level 50) > Doryani's Catalyst (level 75)
For offhand I would recommend following uniques:
The Tempestous Steel (20) > Prismatic Eclipse (level 53)

Skill Tree's:
Please do not follow this skill tree step by step. If you feel to weak go for some life nodes, if you don't have enough damage take some damage nodes or if you cannot sustain your mana go for the leech nodes in the Duelist area.
First 20 Points
40 Points
60 Points
80 Points
100 Points
Level 94


Guide is up to date!
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Last edited by bashtart on Dec 9, 2018, 12:13:17 PM
Last bumped on Dec 11, 2018, 5:52:59 AM
Reserved
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
How would you improve it more? In what order
Loving the build so far. Only at L65 atm - having a hard time letting go of thief's torment. Is mana leech sustainable at higher levels or should I get some mana and life gained on hit rings.

An updated passive skill tree would be awesome.

Thanks for the build guide!

Edit: I have a 6L Loreweave... is that viable for this build?

Edit 2: hmm... I also have a 6L Inpulsa from a build I am no longer playing... that would go nicely with that yoke amulet..

Would you use Loreweave or Inpulsa's?
Last edited by diablomix on Jul 24, 2018, 6:35:37 PM
"
Completed 7 Challengesdiablomix wrote:
Loving the build so far. Only at L65 atm - having a hard time letting go of thief's torment. Is mana leech sustainable at higher levels or should I get some mana and life gained on hit rings.

An updated passive skill tree would be awesome.

Thanks for the build guide!

Edit: I have a 6L Loreweave... is that viable for this build?

Edit 2: hmm... I also have a 6L Inpulsa from a build I am no longer playing... that would go nicely with that yoke amulet..

Would you use Loreweave or Inpulsa's?


Last league there were a lot of builds that kept Thief's Torment through the endgame. I have and never had any problems. So i'd say it's viable. Just up to preference.

If you check out his character profile he switched to Inpulsa.
"
Bubbaritter wrote:
How would you improve it more? In what order

Not sure what exactly you mean but in the Path of Building File you see the final skill tree and build.

"
Completed 3 ChallengesGoldenGoblet wrote:
"
Completed 7 Challengesdiablomix wrote:
Loving the build so far. Only at L65 atm - having a hard time letting go of thief's torment. Is mana leech sustainable at higher levels or should I get some mana and life gained on hit rings.

An updated passive skill tree would be awesome.

Thanks for the build guide!

Edit: I have a 6L Loreweave... is that viable for this build?

Edit 2: hmm... I also have a 6L Inpulsa from a build I am no longer playing... that would go nicely with that yoke amulet..

Would you use Loreweave or Inpulsa's?


Last league there were a lot of builds that kept Thief's Torment through the endgame. I have and never had any problems. So i'd say it's viable. Just up to preference.

If you check out his character profile he switched to Inpulsa.

Hi there,
you can drop thief's tourment as soon as you spec into the leech nodes in the Duelist area... btw. I updated to skill tree it is now for level 88.

Body armour options:
The Brass Dome: crazy good defensive option. In combination with Unbreakable you will get really tanky.
Inpulsa's Broken Heart: I testing this chest atm and it gives a big boost to dps and clear speed. I guess the best option for clear speed.
Loreweave: is actually the option I wanna go with because it gives the best dps of all chest and elemental damage resistance cap of 80% is just crazy good.

With Loreweave and Inpulsa's I would spec out of Unbreakable and go with Unrelenting instead.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Last edited by bashtart on Jul 25, 2018, 1:19:26 AM
"
Completed 6 Challengesbashtart wrote:
"
Bubbaritter wrote:
How would you improve it more? In what order

Not sure what exactly you mean but in the Path of Building File you see the final skill tree and build.

"
Completed 3 ChallengesGoldenGoblet wrote:
"
Completed 7 Challengesdiablomix wrote:
Loving the build so far. Only at L65 atm - having a hard time letting go of thief's torment. Is mana leech sustainable at higher levels or should I get some mana and life gained on hit rings.

An updated passive skill tree would be awesome.

Thanks for the build guide!

Edit: I have a 6L Loreweave... is that viable for this build?

Edit 2: hmm... I also have a 6L Inpulsa from a build I am no longer playing... that would go nicely with that yoke amulet..

Would you use Loreweave or Inpulsa's?


Last league there were a lot of builds that kept Thief's Torment through the endgame. I have and never had any problems. So i'd say it's viable. Just up to preference.

If you check out his character profile he switched to Inpulsa.

Hi there,
you can drop thief's tourment as soon as you spec into the leech nodes in the Duelist area... btw. I updated to skill tree it is now for level 88.

Body armour options:
The Brass Dome: crazy good defensive option. In combination with Unbreakable you will get really tanky.
Inpulsa's Broken Heart: I testing this chest atm and it gives a big boost to dps and clear speed. I guess the best option for clear speed.
Loreweave: is actually the option I wanna go with because it gives the best dps of all chest and elemental damage resistance cap of 80% is just crazy good.

With Loreweave and Inpulsa's I would spec out of Unbreakable and go with Unrelenting instead.


Thank you for the thorough response and keeping us updated on the build!
can i play it for the upcoming flashback league?
"
can i play it for the upcoming flashback league?

Yeah sure should be a good starter. I added a bit of leveling advise in the guide. Have fun!
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Last edited by bashtart on Jul 26, 2018, 4:26:06 PM
Guide is now up to date! I reached level 93 without many problems... died like 14time up to now but most it could have been avoided. According to Path of Building my char has reached abotu 1,5 - 2m shaper dps, 6K life, about 80% resistances capped, high physical damage reduction and is really tanky. I will soon do the endgame and make a full video guide!
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Last edited by bashtart on Jul 28, 2018, 8:07:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info