Help choosing an ascendancy for an interesting flicker strike character

Here's the build concept:

Use CI to become immune to chaos damage. Use apep's supremecy to convert bleed to chaos damage, but still bleed. Use the golden rule + the red trail to get frenzy charges on hit.

+
+

So my choices are scion, templar, witch, or shadow. I was thinking trickster, because then flicker strike cost 0 mana and i can reserve all of my mana.
Last edited by FoldedCorner on Jun 8, 2018, 2:10:18 PM
Last bumped on Jul 27, 2018, 10:38:29 AM
Templar and witch out of the options since no frenzy generation.
2 best cases for this:
1)Scion Raider/Trickster for frenzy generation(even against bosses)
2)Trickster for frenzy generation, free skill and extra ES

Trickster would be the tankier one, Scion is gonna be easier to build aroind frenzies but not so tanky and versatile.

I'd suggest trickster but its your choice
Edit: Since you're using a shield, you will need a very expensive 1 hander
Last edited by Adri38 on Jun 8, 2018, 2:45:39 PM
"
Adri38 wrote:
Templar and witch out of the options since no frenzy generation.
2 best cases for this:
1)Scion Raider/Trickster for frenzy generation(even against bosses)
2)Trickster for frenzy generation, free skill and extra ES

Trickster would be the tankier one, Scion is gonna be easier to build aroind frenzies but not so tanky and versatile.

I'd suggest trickster but its your choice
Edit: Since you're using a shield, you will need a very expensive 1 hander

He's using Red Trail for Frenzy generation, he doesn't need it in his Ascendancy. What he does need is high Bleed chance on his attacks, which means Chance to Bleed gem and probably things like Haemophilia. Given the rather significant flat Chaos damage from Apep's Supremacy and the high Frenzy uptime, this is looking like an APS-centric build, stack flat damage to take advantage of high attack rate.

Trickster could be good for that; Weave the Arcane is 20% IAS for Flickering, and Ghost Dance is 40% IAS if ES recharge has begun recently. Super conditional, the latter is, but it's a thing.

Another thing to potentially consider is Deadeye. No no, hear me out. Take Rupture, Bleeding no longer deals more than minor damage to you, which you can overcome with regen or leech. Also, Rupture gives you flat life gain when you hit a Bleeding enemy, which can stack with claw flat life (which is highly recommended for this build). Tailwind provides increased action speed, which stacks multiplicatively with normal IAS - every piece of attack speed you get is 20% better because Tailwind. Fast and Deadly is attack speed and double accuracy, which helps with a critty sort of build. Now yeah, there's no fourth node you can take that isn't projectile-focused, you have to take the two minor nodes to get any benefit at all, BUT. Deadeye gives you:

Bleed chance
Significant IAS and the extremely rare increased action speed stat, which is a multiplier to IAS.
Bleed damage reduction, removing the need for CI
Crit/Crit multi
Leech/regen-free sustain, which helps with bitchy map mods.

Note that another way to go would be to use something like Oro's Sacrifice or Cospri's Malice, with no native physical damage, with either a Chance to Bleed gem or a bit of physical damage on jewelry, to reflect your bleeds back to you in a state where you're taking perhaps four damage a second from the Bleed. If you deal primarily elemental damage, with only enough physical left to proc tiny papercut Bleeds, you still count as Bleeding or as hitting a Bleeding enemy, and can also ignore the Apep's Supremacy/CI thing. Malice could be particularly fun with Ice Nova on a critty Deadeye build, lighting off icy blasts of screw-you in packs while you Flicker madly through them.
"
1453R wrote:
Stuff

You know... the funny thing is, you even mentioned Apep's, but still go on about how deadeye is good for reducing damage from bleed...
He won't need to, he's gonna use CI and Apep's, making bleed deal CHAOS damage to himself. Which is then ignored because CI.

The idea I personally had for this was assassin or trickster (depending on your preference - damage or defense) with Bino's and a focus on poison. You couldn't really do before this with golden rule flicker because either the poison would end up killing you VERY quickly, or you had a hard time managing the damage from bleed as CI.
Bino's has good damage, gives a huge boost to survivability if you take zealot's oath aswell due to regen and also gives poison prolif.

Brutus' Lead Sprinkler might also be worth a thought if combined with Geofri's Sanctuary and/or Shaper's Touch, but I don't know if you'll be able to get enough strength.

Similar, but easier to gear for would be HoWA, maybe elementalist?
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Heh.

Some of my suggestions were towards the goal of omitting Apep's Supremacy. Once you go beyond two steps in the Rube Goldberg chain that is a build, I start to get very leery of that build's chances. This one:

-Takes CI (very risky these days)
-inflicts bleeds on self via reflection from Golden Rule
-blocks this degen via Apep's Supremacy
-Gains Frenzy charges via Red Trail from Bleeding itself
-Uses these to drive Flicker Strike

There's a lot of conditionals and if/then statements in this build, and a lot of potential failure points. Especially since CI suffers from poor recovery options now. The more crap you can eliminate between "you exist" and "enemies die", the more stable and reliable a build will be.

If he wants Apep's Supremacy and CI in particular? Then yeah. Trickster all the way, he will NEED that extra ES from Trickster and the sustain claws can give him. Bloodseeker may be a requirement, which will drag the deeps all the way down if he's not careful.
Thanks for the extended explanations guys. Obviously this build idea wasn't meant to be super powerful, but really fun to play. My biggest problem I have right now is getting 6 off-colors in an ES body armour. So I'm trying to corrupt (or buy) a 6L 6-white chest piece. Currently there's only 2 on the market :/
HA!! This became build of the week. It's.. so bad though. But hilarious

why myflicker AVG 8K. dmg

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info