Trap Support

Post your feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Apr 20, 2021, 11:16:40 PM
traps rly weak when u made mines insane strong
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
I wasn't sure were to post this so I just posted it with the trap support itself since its all pretty much around that gem.

Making/playing around with trap support was my very first build which really got me into path of exile as a game where you can mix and match things to work towards your liking. Due to this nostalgia I would really hope to get some love for traps.

Here are my suggestions on how you could make traps much better yet at the same time keeping them somewhat unique.

- redo the "triggered by an enemy" line. In the current state of the game players don't like waiting for traps to be laid down, armed, then finally triggered by an enemy to gain various benefits of 70% of passives available to trap builds. Althoigh it is themeatically a sound idea the execution makes traps viewed in an unfavorable situation. For example there is a belt called sunblast which reduces trap duration by 80% along with 2 cheap construction jewels allowing the trap thrown to be instantly blown up due to being at the end of its life. Unfortunately this method of detonation does not gain any benefits from passives which require traps to be triggered by an enemy all the while mines can be detonated targeting an enemy and gain their passives.

- I would like to see a toggleable stance skill/aura similar to blood and sand stance
but specifically for traps. Maybe can make one for mines eventually but mines are currently in a very solid position and don't need this extra bit of help.

Stance 1 might have:
-ability to throw traps at an increased rate by increasing trap recovery rate and throwing speed (maybe also allowing the player to throw 1-3 more trap/s at a time)
-the trap would do less damage
-traps are triggered as soon as they are thrown down.

This would be a stance where the player is throwing many traps in rapid succession and due to the speed at which the traps are thrown they are unstable and poorly constructed resulting in decreased effectiveness(damage) but also a sense of instability in the form of triggering upon landing.

The other stance might have:
-More damage
-Lower trap cooldown recovery rate
-increased aoe and trigger area

This stance would be a situation where the player would take more time to construct the traps but unexpectedly resulting in and overloaded with more effectiveness such as increased damage and a bigger area of effect.

The two different stances would be like comparing a shotgun's slug shot vs buck shot. One packs a bugger punch but only one slug at a time while the other does less impact damage due to smaller size but there are many more pellets in one shot.

I really really would love to play around with traps but currently mines are just too superior with their self detonation and a availability of actually usable passives in many situations.

Last edited by PrinceCuddles on Apr 20, 2021, 11:52:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info