Explosive Trap

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Feb 2, 2024, 11:08:05 AM
1) poor AOE of initial hit
2) ridiculously poor AOE of secondary hits
3) no AOE increase with gem level
4) long secondary hits delay
so:
-poor clear-speed on maps
-damage is decent, but only against big and not moving enemies
-easy to dodge while PvP
-and we have arc

conclusion:
-effectiveness reveals in ~2% of situations - not effective

TL;DR
garbage
#RussiaIaATerroristState
Last edited by VS_Revan on Jun 8, 2018, 12:59:52 PM
Insane damage, really bad AoE (using every AoE node in tree + lvl 21 inc AoE and still garbage AoE)
Unclear damage, how much damage does a "smaller Explosion"? How many percent from original damage?
Last edited by nikidino8 on Jun 29, 2018, 9:58:45 AM
Hello. I have a question about using the trap with remote mine.
I'd like to use explosive trap with remote mine, in order to get the trap closer to each other under the feet of the boss. This means a great boost of effective damages and much more regeneration than using cluster trap.

My Scion FuHao_Delve is trying this idea.

The arc trap mine goes well, they fly to the enemy and active. Most of the other spells also function nicely.
However, these original trap (explosive trap, fire trap, ice trap, etc.) skill can not be thrown out to the enemies while using remote mine, except lightning trap. They just pump out straight up and down under my pants no matter how near the enemies are. :(
This really annoys me.
I'd like to know why explosive trap can't fly to the enemy just like lightning trap or arc trap while applying with remote mine.
Is it a forgotten bug? Or is there some hiden mechenics?
Hoping for your reply sincerely. ;>

Ecneics07
Last edited by ecneics07 on Oct 30, 2018, 1:32:15 AM
Hello, I've been using explosive trap for the last few leagues. My feedback on the skill is that it becomes very obstructive to seeing what is going on on the screen when I have many many traps firing off. Is there some way to tone it down and/or could you guys come up with some MTX for the skill to tone down the explosions visually?

Thanks
The upcoming 3.16 Scourge League has made new changes to the passive tree. One such change is a fire mastery notable that can optionally provide 40% physical to fire conversion. I think it would be best to make a minor change to the explosion trap skill gem to bring it in line with other damage conversion skills. I would greatly appreciate it if you considered the following:

Change the line "50% of Physical Damage Converted to Fire Damage"
to instead read "60% of Physical Damage Converted to Fire Damage"

This change would allow for more flexibility, and more varied skill trees that don't always have to pickup Avatar of Fire. It also impacts less parts of the game than changing the notable itself to 50% conversion, so it will have much fewer balance implications.
Hello,

Explosive Trap of Shrapnel's animation greatly reduces the visual clarity of what enemies are doing. It's hard to see anything. Could you please change the animation to make it less obtrusive?

This is what it looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CItiU8XUMk

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info