[3.3] Disregard Females, Acquire Currency [Self farmed Headhunter day 5 in League]
My name is OutofMilk and welcome to my Magic Find Deadeye Wander!
Before we start off with the build i want to say that this guide is HEAVILY tailored around leaguestarting as a wander AND having an AURABOT support.
This build can still work fine solo, but you would have to change a few quant items into rares and use a 6L Barrage / 4L KB instead of 6L KB / 4L Barrage.
If you don't know anyone who runs an aurabot i would recommend checking out /global 820 where alot of aurabots look for people to play with!
Two very special items i have been able to buy this league with my build and the help of my aurabot;
Pros and Cons
- Amazing map clear
- Extremely high Single Target dmg with KB.
- The build excels in diversity, meaning you can change some nodes/gems to suit your playstyle and it would still work.
- Cheap to build and get started early in league to acquire currency.
- Acquires alot of Currency per map (We have around 60-75% Item Quant and around 60-100% Item rarity)
- Easy build to master as you play it.
- Self farmed Headhunter day 5 in League.
- Access to the best Skill MTX that exists (Celestial Kinetic Blast)
- Very tough to leaguestart, content is hard until you get a Piscator
- Piscators are expensive early in league
- Magic Find version requires an aurabot
- Very slow leveling, you will be behind others day 1
- Leveling with KB/Barrage is tough unless you get lucky with a good ele dps wand early
- Very squishy character as Magic Find. You will die from time to time.
- Not a HC build
Mechanics of the build
This build relies heavily on stacking up Magic Find and Item Rarity. Because of the amount of gear we sacrifice for Item Quant gear, we become squishy and our dps gets substantially lower. This is why having an aurabot helps out the build alot. An aurabot will boost your dps by atleast x3 which allows us to run about 60 IIQ+ and that is huge for currency. Throughout maps you will hear loot explosions several times. I was earning several Ex per day just in pure currency.
Wander in it self carries you throughout maps as Kinetic Blast is simply OP. It's so good we can even link it with Item Rarity support and still clear map bosses with it (More info on this later).
As noted the build has a really tough leaguestart. I chose to level as sunder up until i could afford a Piscators. Once i get Piscs i could change to Wander.
If you do manage to get a good ele dps wand while leveling, it is still worth to level as sunder until you have done Cruel lab.
This is what a normal Alva Incursion looks like with this build;
Tree, Ascendancy and Pantheon Power
Gathering winds -> Powerful Precision -> Far Shot -> Endless Munitions
If you choose to level as sunder: www.poeurl.com/bXe1
After getting the nodes in the sunder tree, start working on the normal tree, which will be posted below;
52 points: www.poeurl.com/bXe5
72 points: www.poeurl.com/bXe6
Finished build: www.poeurl.com/bXe7
Don't spec into Point Blank and the Wand nodes until you start using a Wand/Piscators
Major: Soul of the Brine King
Minor: Soul of Garukhan
We kill all for Eramir's favour.
Why we don't help Alira;
The reason we don't help Alira is cause she brings us close to nothing.
-The mana regen does not help us in any way as we already leech more than enough.
-The resists shouldn't be a big deal as your Aurabot will provide you with more than enough resists.
-This leaves us with 20% crit multi which is good, but getting 2 passive points will give us more dps on the tree than 20% crit multi would.
To conclude i would say Alira is good until you hit lvl 70 and can equip mapping gear, after that Eramirs favor wins by far.
Go for Eramir though if you don't want to switch later (its 20 orbs of regrets which is costly)
I would heavily recommend leveling as Sunder as it makes the leveling experience of this build alot easier. If you feel like you know what you are doing you can level with KB/Barrage.
Start with making a duelist and run into town to get Cleave and see if Tarkleigh is selling any good 1 handed axes/swords and for a 3L.
Put them into stash and make your Ranger, run into town and check if Tarkleigh is selling any of the above.
Level with Cleave until you hit Caverns Of Wrath which is where you will want your aurabot (Scion) to get you a Sunder. If you don't have an aura just spam in general if anyone can buy you one.
Links for leveling as Sunder goes as following: Sunder -> Multistrike -> Melee Physical -> Ruthless -> Conc Effect -> Faster Attacks
Once you get to Blood Aqueducts i would recommend farming for a Tabula. Humility cards can drop here and you need 9 of them for a Tabula.
The reason we farm Blood Aqueducts is for easy levels, linear area and having a Tabula for maps is huge. The levels we gain from farming the Tabula makes the rest of the leveling experience alot easier aswell.
Magic Find / Rare gear;
Helmet: Max life -> Resists
Gloves: Sadima's Touch. (upto 16% Item Quant)
Belt: Bisco's Leash (5% Item Quant, Rarity stacks with kills on Rampage)
Boots: Goldwyrm Nubuck Boots (upto 20% Item Quant)
Chest: Tabula Rasa -> Queen's Forest
Rings; 2x Ventor's Gamble (Upto 10% Item quant and upto 55% item rarity)
Amulet: Shaper amulet with Item Quantity mod on it or a Spinefuse Talisman
How to gear up;
- You should save up everything you can towards a Piscators.
- Once you have a Piscators, focus on getting a Biscos Leash. Rampage is huge and helps you alot early mapping
- Get a Sadima's Touch and Goldwyrms (as high Quant as you can afford)
- Look for Ventors Rings. I bought mine for 65c total as i chose to sacrifice resists/hp for the maxroll of 10% Item Quant on Ventors.
- If you can find cheap Inspired learning, buy them.
- Look for a cheap Shaper amulet with item quant mod or a Spinefuse talisman. I bought mine for 10c at day 3.
- Get an Esh's Mirror
- Get a Queens Forest
(I would recommend holding off on the Queens forest as a 6L is expensive. The currency you spend on a 6L Queen could go towards your Headhunter fund :D! 6L Tabula helps us alot, i don't even use a Queen myself at the time writing this)
Seething Divine Life Flask of Staunching
Alchemist's Jade Flask of Reflexes
Diamond Flask of Warding
Alchemist's Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline
Bismuth Flask of Warding / Stibnite Flask of Warding
1x Mantra of Flames (This 1c gem will boost your dps more than any 2ex abyss jewel could. Your Aurabot will have around 11 auras)
2x Inspired learning
Check my profile, character name: OutofIncursion
(Level of gem)
6L: Kinetic Blast -> GMP -> Added Cold -> Ice Bite -> Elemental damage with Attacks -> Item Rarity
4L A: Barrage -> Knockback -> GMP -> Faster Attacks
4l B: Herald of Ice -> Curse on hit -> Assassins Mark -> Onslaught
2L C1: Cast when dmg taken (20) -> Ice Golem (20)
2L C2: Herald of Thunder -> Innervate
3L A: Cast when dmg taken (1) -> Immortal call (1) -> Frost Bomb (1)
3L B: Flame Dash -> Faster Casting -> Portal
Path of Building
In POB Search for account: Outofmilk and then find my character OutofIncursion so you always have the latest update
That concludes the build. If the build looks fun for you, i recommend you try it out.
The build is able to farm insane amounts of Currency.
I would love to receive feedback, as mentioned above, this is a build i am planning to work on for future leagues.
If you have any questions i would recommend you post them in this thread.
I can't guarantee i will be able to answer everyone as i am at work for 8-9 hours a day.
If you want you can also send me a PM, but if i do not answer i am probably mapping or killing bosses so please do not spam and leave a comment in the thread instead!
Spammers will be ignored!
Last edited by outofmilk on Jun 13, 2018, 2:43:39 PM
Last bumped on Jul 5, 2018, 1:42:32 PM
on Jun 5, 2018, 4:56:31 AM
Hey, thank you for the guide and your time. Like it so far!
Last edited by Marloncap on Jun 7, 2018, 8:22:21 PM
on Jun 7, 2018, 2:45:29 PM
I really liked the build, its cheap in comparison to MF windripper.
I would love to try it out. It would be nice to have a solo guide for this build, maybe a section in the post.
on Jun 10, 2018, 10:55:06 PM
Not sure if i will add a solo guide for this to be honest. This guide is focused entirely on making currency during the league and this is best done by playing MF wander with an aurabot.
on Jun 12, 2018, 1:41:46 PM
hey ! thanks for your build :)
I'm actually 89 deadeye wand (KB / barage) and i run around T13-14 map.
Most of time i play with a friend as a duo : he's a witch vaal arc double poet pen.
We starting to plan to switch to MF build and your build look pretty OP. But have tone of questions :
- We plan that i switch Mf and my friend stay pure DPS char in cas we have trouble to kill boss or trash. My question : if i dont kill boss or trash, no MF will be apply on item drop ?
- Actually got a 5L queen for barrage and don't have currency to buy 6L (around 400c). What gemme can i use ? better switch KB on queen ?
- what item should i choose to cap resist (because, like i say i don't plan to play with aurabot) ?
- What is better : Item quantity or item rarity ?
- this is my actual stuff, i plan to buy a bisco colar. It's worth or should i buy something else first ?
- And the last one : how many IQ and IR should i have to make "lot" of currency ? I plan to run map like burial chamber, Toxic Sewer, Underground Sea, Phantasmagoria, Arachnid Tomb etc ..
Thanks for your advices dude :)
EDIT : and of course i plan to buy ventor gamble and other MF gear, i will take my time :)
Last edited by spybass on Jun 12, 2018, 6:56:50 PM
on Jun 12, 2018, 6:52:16 PM
1. Your friend can stay pure dps if he wants, however you will need to get better Ventors than i am currently equipping. My resists are not capped out and that is because i run with an aurabot who caps my resistances for me. So if you are able to cap resists with Quant gear without an aurabot, it shouldn't be an issue.
The build doesn't really struggle with bosses to be honest, if you check my video section, you can see me killing t13 bosses with just kinetic blast. (Barrage - Knockback into wall and then blast away with Kinetic Blast)
You are also correct about the MF apply. You have to be the one who kills stuff if you want your Item Quant and Item Rarity to apply.
An idea would be to have your friend not kill trash mobs and only focus on boss and rares that survive your dmg while you clear the rest.
2. A 6L queen isn't that necessary unless you have the extra currency for it. You can use KB -> GMP -> Added Cold -> Ice Bite -> Added Lightning / Item Rarity. If you feel like your dps is good enough without added lightning you can use Item Rarity instead.
3. The only reason i am not able to cap my resists are because of my -res ventors. If you are not going to play with an aurabot i would suggest starting there, eventually getting a good lion pelt helm with triple resistance.
4. Item quantity is better, but Item Rarity is really good aswell. Look at it this way. Item quantity is a bowl of your favorite ice cream. Item Rarity is the cherry on top of the ice cream that completes it.
If you look at this picture: https://puu.sh/ADXFE/1ace1b1b43.jpg
You can see the effect of Item Rarity. The Carved Wand unique that dropped there was a Poets Pen which sold for 30c, so you can see why Item Rarity has its use aswell.
5. Do not buy a Biscos Collar, it is a noob trap now imo. Biscos Collar was good because Breach exists. Now that both Biscos and Breach have been nerfed i cannot justify spending 3-4ex on a biscos. A good Shaped/Talisman Amulet will do you better and they are extremely cheap.
Look at this link: http://poe.trade/search/yomikoobebiyon
6. The more IIQ you have the better, run with whatever you feel comfortable with :)!
on Jun 13, 2018, 6:41:06 AM
Ty very much for answers dude ! it's more ez to understood now :)
on Jun 14, 2018, 7:23:38 AM
Hello can you tell me strategy for atlas to farm shaped burial? Which map i cant complete to drop only shaped burial
on Jun 20, 2018, 4:31:41 PM
you basically just do maps until you get your t3 shaper orb, then you shape burial chambers and after that remove any t8-t9 and then you will only get shaped burial maps
on Jun 22, 2018, 2:13:35 AM
hey there m8! nice build you have there) gonna try it mb this league, mb next league. Have one question though: is it even possible to sustain t11 or higher tiers of maps? if so - how to achieve it? thxy
on Jun 22, 2018, 6:47:46 PM