Forgotten Graveyard - Unearthed Hideout [3.2]

Part of the routine of playing challenge leagues is to spend a cozy afternoon decorating my hideout. This time in Bestiary league, I am satisfied enough with the result to show it to you guys. Now, without further ado, let the tour begin.

Forgotten Graveyard

Entrance
Once you finish examining every pixel of the loading screen, you'll be at the centre of the Graveyard. I used trees and road trim to outline the Graveyard; Tombstone and sword-in-ground to honour all my ripped HC character, and also a broken overgrown goddess to watch over them. There is also no lighting and lots of fog and smog in this area to set the right mood.

Crafting area
To the left, it is the area where the masters reside with their crafting bench.

A small camping area where they sleep and eat. The medium rare rhoa is a nice addition to this section, which I traded 46 innocent souls for.

A big furnace for heating the metal. Armour stand, weapon stand and wooden crates to subtly hint that crafting is not a hobby, but a cutthroat business.

Tora wants Vagan to crawl into her lair, I permit it, under the overgrown goddess. Also to guide your attention to the road ahead.

Docking area
I wanted to answer "How do we get in here without the waypoint ?", so I created this docking area to serve as a "logical" entry point from the outside world.

Map device
We all know map device deserves a dedicated area, and it is to the right of the central graveyard. I used to trees to confine the space in this area.

Zana and I had to discuss the strategy to spawn elder on T15 map, so I created this study room to consolidate our ideas. The pile of books indicates the difficulty of the task.

Treasure and loot
No hideout is complete without a treasure room to store our hard-earned currency, so this is the one near the map device. I love Elreon's voice, so I chose him to be the npc for item selling, near the stash of course.

The remaining area
I expanded the overgrown ruined cathedral theme Cata's Unearthed Hideout was meant to be in this narrow corridor, I also used it to showcase my challenge trophies.

Blocking access to map device
When I designed this hideout, one of my goals was to integrate this functionality into the design. Elreon's book shelf is an obvious choice, so I had to come up with a way to use just one shelf to block the access (I'm lazy) without ruining the design too much. This is the solution.

I block the northern access point using Fellshrine Ruin in the Zana's study room

Then I just add a shelf between the banner under the Cata's Large Church Wall Arch whenever I need to block the access. Visitor can freely roam the other areas while I can safeguard my precious T1 map portals.

This is the Forgotten Graveyard I've built for Bestiary League, hope you like it.

Edit
- Fixed the image url, should be fine now - 8 Apr
Last edited by Streetkid_KW on Apr 7, 2018, 9:48:38 PM
Last bumped on Apr 7, 2018, 2:45:02 PM
Images dont work?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info