don't kick us out of lab because of DC

at least let there be a 1 to 2 minute timer and if you leave with a portal scroll there won't be a timer.

i dont see how this can be abused, some people are just unlucky with dc.

of course if you DC in the middle of a pack and log back in dead you deserve to start over.
I hate getting carried and suddenly crashing or DC'ing because my PC is fucking things up with the games process!
Last bumped on Apr 3, 2018, 10:12:30 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
this has been asked since the beginning of lab. i think it was explained somewhere that there is no way to know if a player gets disconnected or use a portal scroll. something like that.

it's a good request though.
"
kompaniet wrote:
this has been asked since the beginning of lab. i think it was explained somewhere that there is no way to know if a player gets disconnected or use a portal scroll. something like that.

There is definitely no way to know the difference between "player disconnected due to network issue outside their control", and "player disconnected due to network level shenanigans to avoid dying to their own error".

"
chibiusa91 wrote:
at least let there be a 1 to 2 minute timer and if you leave with a portal scroll there won't be a timer.
i dont see how this can be abused, some people are just unlucky with dc.

As above. I mean, don't get me wrong: I'm sympathetic to your pain, and think it kind of sucks.

If you would like help trying to narrow down possible causes and fix the underlying problem - that you get disconnected unexpectedly - then hit up the tech support forums, find the WinMTR guide from the stickies, and post the output in a new top level thread there. We'd be happy to help figure out if this is something you can control, or help you supply GGG with evidence they need to address things if not.
Last edited by SlippyCheeze on Apr 2, 2018, 2:34:12 PM
I would love for them to figure out something to deal with this problem. Here's hoping...

glhf
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:

There is definitely no way to know the difference between "player disconnected due to network issue outside their control", and "player disconnected due to network level shenanigans to avoid dying to their own error".

I think the op was suggesting that in lab, a DC means you stay in to the map for a couple of minutes, to give you time to relog. Would suck for hc / alt-f4 macro users though.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info