Cremation

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Feb 3, 2022, 5:14:48 AM
Well, the skill is "uncertain".

Single target DPS in some circumstances is absolutely insane.
I would never build my character purely around the skill in its current state.

the skill feels weak and underwhelming if character has:

- less than +50% increased projectile speed. Otherwise projectile hit is too delayed,
it's like: you cast a geyser, monsters take some shitty damage form corpse explosion
and then you have to wait these 300-600 ms before the projectile hits and vanish whole monster pack.
acceleration shrine makes this skill so much more reliable just because of projectile speed buff.

- less than +4 additional projectiles, default hit sequence is too slow as for endgame pace,
you have to cast 4 geysers or rather have a lot of additional projectiles to start killing stuff effectively.

Skill animation still tricks me, even after 200hrs of regular skill usage I sequentially expect that geyser deals damage by itself and thereat I'm foolishly trying to cast it under monsters' feet.
The only undebatable good thing the skill has is the base duration. 8 sec is enough for most situations.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on May 1, 2018, 2:09:30 AM
Hey Jess,

I'm tinkering around with cremation Vaal DD build atm and having an absolute blast.
I love the skill and think it's in a great place as support for clearing and bosses along with DD.

They compliment each other very well however I feel like having a visible counter to see how many "Geysers" you have active like totems would be a great help.

I'm just finding it a heavy cost in mana if i'm putting down more unnecessarily during those hectic moments cause i've lost count on the 8second timer and when i placed the last one etc.

To be able to look up see the {[3]Geysers - 8seconds} would just be fantastic.

Current build:

76 Ele witch:
6linked Helmet: Cremation, Combustion, Burning, Life Leech, These following two are on shaped helmet{ Immolate, Conc Effect,}

Thanks for your time to read and consider this.

Regards Jamie.

I haven't played the skill yet, and I'll test it out myself (which will lead to painstaking frame-by-frame watching of various recordings again), but I have to say that the description is horrible.

I have done quite a bit of research to find out the mechanics and for the most part, I'm still coming up empty.

Most importantly, the real relation of cast speed, number of projectiles and duration is not stated anywhere. The fact that adding projectiles will result in many more projectiles overall if the duration remains the same is everything I could find out.

Compared to this, Firestorm and Vaal Storm Call state exactly how often they hit and how duration will affect it.

Meanwhile, not even the basic pojectiles -> projectile frequency interaction is mentioned in the tooltip.

PoE may be meant for people with an affinity for engineering builds to their utmost efficiency, but I think it's asking too much for players to scientifically discover 90% of a skill's mechanic on their own instead of just writing one or two sentences, which for most of the other skills didn't seem to be an issue at all.

As I said at start, I'll do detailed testing, but this doesn't change that it shouldn't be necessary.
Would love to see some love and polish for this skill. A recent vid from Tarke got it back on my mind.

Thematically, the skill in how it functions is in an odd place that just doesn't resemble a "Cremation" to me. You create a geyser from a corpse that then shoots out molten projectiles, and it looks like a mini volcano. As it is you could drop the corpse aspect of it, call it something different eruption based, or even just "Eruption" as Tarke suggests and it would make sense.

The idea I've always had since it was released was to see a better themed skill and function related to a cremation. I always thought if it had a mechanic where it would consume the corpses around the initial conflagration, and continue to spread to nearby corpses within range to expand and empower it into a larger flaming inferno. Using other gems as example I made a description as close to what I'm imagining.

"A targeted corpse explodes, dealing area damage and creating an Inferno. Corpses surrounding the area are consumed, spreading the Inferno and releasing a wave of heat that burns enemies it passes through."

Just used burn as an example of one of the many possibilities for it, but I just can't imagine a projectile based skill being able to spread like this, and that other options would be better. Could even become a true "burning ground" skill for us.
Last edited by PurpleBlades on Feb 28, 2019, 4:22:56 PM
The skill is powerful for sure but clunky to use, which can be a good tradeoff, though its usage stats are saying enough.

I suppose enough has been said about general use so I'd focus on one particular interaction and that's unleash support. The main flaw of the combo is that it casts the spell once and does 3 repeats with reduced damage, which, combined with the 3 geyser max means that the full damage geyser will be overwritten by a gimped one.

Sure, you could get a lab enchant for one extra geyser but I don't know if gating one particular interaction behind it is really necessary for a skill that isn't getting much use anyway. Consider raising the natural cap to four geysers, I'd take it even if it means a damage nerf, it's better than invalidating a potentially useful support gem.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Since middle Heist the skill has lost majority of its power.

Hit rate is now much slower than it was during Harvest.
Projectiles sometimes deal no damage if they collide with terrain obstacles (this could be a standalone bug or just a side effect of bugged intensify)

The skill is broken and not enjoyable anymore. Please revert it to 3.11 state.
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Nov 20, 2020, 12:04:51 PM
Would be nice to see the number of geyser in the upper left corner as a 'buff'.
Did you forget this one on the added damage effectiveness buff?
Berek's Grip Ice Spear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780707
Budget Magicfind and/or Hardcore Flame Totem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211543
The skill is fine even at 100% damage effectiveness but the corpse necessity mechanics is so flawed. The skill would be more convenient like that:
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Feb 1, 2022, 8:57:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info