ES % Regen On Belt how does it work??

So im playing LL RF build and the build im following suggests that you should be getting belt with shaper mod "20% increased energy shield recovery rate" so im sitting at 1550ES regen and when in PoB i put this belt in my build it shows i get now 2000 ES regen but when i go ingame on my character and put that belt then it doesnt increase my regen at all so i dont understand can somone explain?
Last bumped on Mar 13, 2018, 7:59:31 PM
It's simple. The in game tooltip is wrong and doesn't factor everything. It does work on your regen.
There is a difference between recharge and regen.
Thats 2 mechanics and both are effected by recovery modifiers.

ES regen works just like life regen. Nothing special here.
Recharge is a mechanic that only kicks in when you have taken damage and didnt get hit for a short timeframe (default is about 2sec, but you can reduce that) and recharge is much much stronger than regen.
But recharge stops the moment you are taking damage again. Which is why burning ground and stuff like that is annoying for ES chars.
The burning effect wont stop regen but recharge cant kick in, because you are taking dmg all the time.
ah i see thanks i also stoped degening the moment im using this belt
Any idea how much of the 20% is applied to regen?
"

On PoB it shows it gives me 500 more es regen
"

All of it, of course?
Recovery is the sum total of all your over-time, well, recovery. Regen is a part of that.
"
Gnomzy99 wrote:
So im playing LL RF build and the build im following suggests that you should be getting belt with shaper mod "20% increased energy shield recovery rate" so im sitting at 1550ES regen and when in PoB i put this belt in my build it shows i get now 2000 ES regen but when i go ingame on my character and put that belt then it doesnt increase my regen at all so i dont understand can somone explain?

POB and POE displays different information with the same name.

Regeneration, leeching, on-hit effects, and flasks all provide different types of recovery.

POE's character sheet shows the base values for the recovery, not the value modified by the currently relevant recovery modifiers.

POB, however, does show regeneration affected by relevant recovery modifiers in its interface.

...And yes, it would be pretty nice if the game's interface showed the final estimated recovery rather than the base values of regeneration for life, ES, and mana.

It feels much like a relic of older times. Before the Awakening expansion there were very few sources of recovery modifiers except for those that were Flask specific, but the game has slowly but steadily been expanding the sources of recovery and recovery rate modifiers on gear and ascendancies since, so now we are in the situation that many people who try a recovery rate item or plays Trickster for the first time are understandably wondering what is going on - and where people who do know what is going on have to do calculations on the fly if they want to know how much they are recovering.

Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Last edited by Pi2rEpsilon on Mar 13, 2018, 8:00:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info