[3.3] Spellomancer ascended. Face tank stuff. Use almost any spell, you like.

NO PMs plz, i will not answer them anymore, since i get duplicate questions. Ask here, so other have the answer too. Or get help form other players, while i'm not around.

3.3 Changes
The build itself didnt changed at all. No nerfs. Depending on a skill(for example firestorm), build got buffed.

Maybe a new utility, or even main support for fire based builds with reworked Chance to Ignite gem, now Combustion. -19% to fire resistance is pretty good.

The rework may also open up new direct dmg/burn hybrid variants.

Index

1. Intro
2. Necessary things
3. Main Build Mechanics
4. Gear
5. Passives
6. Gems
7. Path of Building

1. Intro.
The goal of this build is to have easy time in most of the game by facetanking the content, while still being able to clear everything reasonably fast. And also being very versatile in terms of which spell can be used. And this all for a small budget, with ability to get even better with more investment.

This build was originally made for witch, using necromancer ascendancy. After 3.2 update Necromancer was basically killed for anything else, but summoner. So now Scion is the class of choice for this build. Here is a link to the original build thread. If you are interested in the build, you might wanna check it out for all the info and answered questions, until i fully finish this guide.

This time i decided to go with Volatile Dead and Cremation self cast combo. So all the gear, gems and passives are mainly for those 2 spells. It can easily be modified to fit many other spells. Examples can be seen in original build thread.

2. Necessary things.

This is what you want to use for any spell scion or witch now. Rest of the gear may vary. For block, read Gear section.

All calculations and numbers in this build are for lvl 20 gems, unless otherwise pointed out.

Any item combination to get at least 70% spell block to get block cap with full gear.

And

3. Main Build Mechanics.

With Witch Ascendancy - Necromancer, Bone Offering also effects the caster. Allowing to get max block/spell block and life back on each block. Coupled with high hit points and life/mana regen, the build becomes very tanky.

Clarity lvl depends on how much life and mana is available. Have it at minimum of lvl 6. If current life x 3/7 < current unreserved mana, can lvl clarity until it is about equal. For Cloak of Defiance life x 4/6. The reson for this is to have as much HP pool available, as possible. In later stages mana regen is not an issue. Using Essence Worm and Clear Mind is not worth it, if you have good rare ring and 3 mod jewel. At the beginning of mapping mana problems may occur, then can lvl Clarity, until mana issues are solved. Later can be replaced with lower lvl one.

4. Gear.
My current gear

There are several ways to achieve max block on this build.

1st
The easiest is to use Rathpith + Rainbowstride and Rumi's Concoction with at least 18% block roll. Spell block depends on all items rolls. For example with 6% Rumi's roll a minimum of 70% spell block is needed.

The downside of this method is, that the capped block chance is dependent on flask uptime. This cannot be guaranteed in longer boss fights. And 1 flask slot is reserved for Rumi's.

2nd
Get more items with block chance. The build becomes harder to gear, but on the upside a permanent block cap of 78/78% can be reached.

5. Passives.

Base tree for Volatile Dead/Cremation/Firestorm
Base tree for Scorching Ray

Bandits: Kill all (optionally can help Oak or Alira). If you are sure, you want to do RF version, help Alira.

Jewels: look for %life and 2-3 dmg mods fitting the spell and/or %mana. As a 4th stat can also use stats, resists or mana regen for more budget version.

Ascendancy in order: Witch Ascendancy Necromancer -> Templar Ascendancy Inquisitor -> Path of the Witch.

Templar Ascendancy can be swapped for a different one. I personally find Inquisitor superior for any elemental build. For more tankieness Juggernaut can be very good.

Pantheon:
Major: Brine King.
Minor: Tukohama.

6. Gems.
Spoiler

Gems are in order of importance for each individual skill.

+ Concentrated Effect and Immolation on Helmet.

7. Path of Building.

VD, FS, Cremation and SR bases

My leveling progress. I got the idea a bit late to do this, so it starts at lvl 43. And i accidentally deleted the gear for 1st 2 logs, so only tree there.
Last edited by 1337fun on Aug 22, 2018, 6:03:54 PM
Last bumped on Aug 29, 2018, 12:07:19 PM
reserved
reserved
so....what should i put into necromancer now? Apparently two effects have been taken out... All i have is mistress and commander of darkness and mistress was nerfed. was this a bad idea to pick this subside class?
Character is empty today.
"
Ishmal wrote:
so....what should i put into necromancer now? Apparently two effects have been taken out... All i have is mistress and commander of darkness and mistress was nerfed. was this a bad idea to pick this subside class?

U should not play necromancer:)

Else could take invocer or puppet master, would be good for using of animate guardian.
Yea I think that's what im going to try for. You said it costs money in chaos but if it works most of the time i have no problem with that. I'm trying to follow your your most recent passive tree for AG build and im a little confused....your actual character has points into minion specs....Should I be following the original scorching ray passive tree with AG? Also.... what gear are you still using for AG? Should i still follow your original thread on gear as well? As always... thanks again :)
Last edited by Ishmal on Mar 22, 2018, 1:18:39 AM
"
Ishmal wrote:
Yea I think that's what im going to try for. You said it costs money in chaos but if it works most of the time i have no problem with that. I'm trying to follow your your most recent passive tree for AG build and im a little confused....your actual character has points into minion specs....Should I be following the original scorching ray passive tree with AG? Also.... what gear are you still using for AG? Should i still follow your original thread on gear as well? As always... thanks again :)

Minion nodes because of scourge. What i dont understand is, u want to play necromancer or rerolling as ascendant?
Well... I had already started this character and realized to little to late that I should have rolled with scion so I just kind of stuck it out so I went with necromancer as a witch. Now i'm trying to spec my trree and characters gear for AG. Basically I'm trying to follow your AG build with scorching ray but I'm also trying to make sure I'm doing the right guide with the correct passive tree and gear before I start spending a bunch of chaos.
Last edited by Ishmal on Mar 22, 2018, 12:34:07 PM
"
Ishmal wrote:
Well... I had already started this character and realized to little to late that I should have rolled with scion so I just kind of stuck it out so I went with necromancer as a witch. Now i'm trying to spec my trree and characters gear for AG. Basically I'm trying to follow your AG build with scorching ray but I'm also trying to make sure I'm doing the right guide with the correct passive tree and gear before I start spending a bunch of chaos.

Ok. Yeah old tree is pretty much what u want to use. For witch nothing rly changed tree wise, only ascendancy minor change. Gear wise may want to use the new necessary stuff in scion thread for block/spell block. Otherwise nothing changed also.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info