Disconnects in Labyrinth

I was just kicked out of Uber Labyrinth. There was some error message about client stopped responding and the game kicked me out. This happens occasionally when mapping or something. In that case, I just restart PoE sell stuff in my inventory and get back in the map. The main cost being a portal and minor inconvenience before getting back to the fun. In this lab case, I lost at least a half hour of loathsome lab time. I lost two trade requests. I lost 3 dark shrines done and 2 phases of Izaro done and an Argus. I lost an Offering. Now I have to do that half hour of crap horrible content all over again plus all the stuff that was lost. This is very frustrating and detracts significantly from liking to play PoE. I am going to have to stop playing for at least the day.

GGG, please fix your game. Add checkpoints after each Izaro room or make a fun way to get the ascendancy points.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Mar 1, 2018, 7:02:06 PM
Last bumped on Mar 5, 2018, 1:07:08 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
One of oldest problem, wont be fixed
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
I'm still eagerly awaiting a response to my question from this thread:

Regarding Lab re-entry and Chris' recent statements about DCs

"
suszterpatt wrote:
From Zizaran's interview with Chris, on the topic of the current 6 second DC timer:

"
Chris wrote:
On average, people have much worse connections than single 1 second lag spikes. There are people out there who are getting hit by the 6 second thing just due to the internet being crappy where they are. And this happens, like, people in California when they have bad ISPs, people in Europe, a lot of German users are having... and not to mention Brazil recently, where there were problems with ISPs where they're just trying to solve them, and there's huuuuge lag spikes.

Given that you're aware that people worldwide are getting random disconnections due to no fault of their own, what's your justification for designing the lab in such a way that a DC will completely wipe your progress and eat your entry fee? Aren't you deliberately making the lab unappealing to these people?
"
Turtledove wrote:
I was just kicked out of Uber Labyrinth. There was some error message about client stopped responding and the game kicked me out. This happens occasionally when mapping or something. In that case, I just restart PoE sell stuff in my inventory and get back in the map. The main cost being a portal and minor inconvenience before getting back to the fun. In this lab case, I lost at least a half hour of loathsome lab time. I lost two trade requests. I lost 3 dark shrines done and 2 phases of Izaro done and an Argus. I lost an Offering. Now I have to do that half hour of crap horrible content all over again plus all the stuff that was lost. This is very frustrating and detracts significantly from liking to play PoE. I am going to have to stop playing for at least the day.

GGG, please fix your game. Add checkpoints after each Izaro room or make a fun way to get the ascendancy points.

There's a chatlog in PoE folders. PoE main folder -> logs -> 'Client' text file. Not defending labyrinth, but if you really want to go through with trades even after dc, that's where you can find them :)
"
Turtledove wrote:

couldn't have happened to a more deserving person.
For all the complaining :D deserved
Sorry to hear this happened, Turtle.

I've also had multiple disconnects, sometimes very late in the process as in your case, and it's disappointing and frustrating every time it happens.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
The only thing I agree with you on the lab is allowing you to reconnect after a disconnect.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
"
Turtledove wrote:

There's a chatlog in PoE folders. PoE main folder -> logs -> 'Client' text file. Not defending labyrinth, but if you really want to go through with trades even after dc, that's where you can find them :)

Thanks for the tip. I looked at the file. It was very interesting. Perhaps I can use that tip else where? From lab though most trade attempts would be lost opportunities since most traders would just look else where.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
so many letters and words just to moan about the lab again? DC happen and lab is not the only place where it hurts. loosing 2ex chayula breachstone to DC hurts a lot more

use your threads and do not forget to add yourself to the list (with symbols)

note: DC 'protection' is a 'use chicken script logout cheat to beat the lab in 78 tries' invitation

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info