XBox One trade system needs an overhaul

So this is a bit of a rant. I definitely love the game. I think the amount of randomness might be a bit much but it is still an awesome game and I love how in depth it can be. I would hate to see ot die out like my last favorite game did.

There is a fundamental problem. The trading system is atrocious. Seriously. A trading system is the one thing you want to be easy for players because it creates a healthy economy for the game.

Im tired of not knowing prices of items and having to guess or research. Im tired of posting items and waiting weeks for someone to buy. I hate offering the asking price of an item I like and having to wait days to actually receive it.

A part of me feels that people may try to buy when I am offline then, because I am not on for several hours, will cancel the trade.

I always post with asking price. Seriously, if someone makes an offer to me with the asking price or higher, it should automatically be accepted. There should be database analytics that keep track of current pricing and then display that as a suggestion. Runescape does it and they have the best economy of any game I have ever seen.

This is just a first world problem, but it really is the number one factor for me in deciding if spending my time with this game is worth it or not because it simply isn't as fun with such a botched trading system.

I want to spend money on cool skins. I would love to throw money at you GGG, but for me to do that I have to know that when I log in, I'm going to have fun, not be irritated.

I'm not just saying all of this from a gamer's perspective. I am a software developer who is obviously into videogames. The system is cringe worthy.

I said it in the forums of Dungeons and Dragons Online when I used to play, but of course noone listened. I'm going to say it again here. Sometimes, as a developer or a development team, you have to make the choice to completely scrap a feature and start over. Realizing your ideas may not have been that great is a huge part of becoming better in designing any kind of software. It would take a lot of time but investing that time into creating a good xbox one economy is very important for the game. There is already so much convolution, why does trading have to be the same? If it WAS a design choice, I am calling bad design.
Last edited by Sintrias on Feb 25, 2018, 12:22:53 PM
Last bumped on Feb 25, 2018, 12:18:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info