[3.1] Teleports Behind You -- Poet's Pen Lightning Warp / Arc, all content viable

This build uses Lightning Warp and Arc, socketed in 2x The Poet's Pen wands, in order to speed-clear maps. While this is NOT a cheap or beginner build, it should be possible to use this character as a league-starter and slowly acquire all of the necessary pieces.

This build arguably clears maps faster than the traditional Unearth + Bodyswap + Volatile Dead combo, and relies on Glacial Cascade + Bladefall for single target. Defenses include ~7k eHP with Mind over Matter, and Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics. This build is capable of clearing essentially all content, including red tier Elder and Shaper.

Leveling & early gear options
Begin leveling with Lightning Tendrils, Freezing Pulse, and Flame Totem. Start using Storm Call when it becomes available. In order of importance: Storm Call - Spell Cascade - Less Duration - Spell Echo - Increased Critical Strikes. Use dual Axiom Perpetuum for a smooth leveling process.

Use Storm Call until you can afford 2x Poet's Pens and Inpulsa's Broken Heart. In Pen 1, use Lightning Warp - Less Duration - Swift Affliction. In Pen 2, use Arc - Increased Critical Strikes - Controlled Destruction. Use Frenzy - GMP in order to proc the Poet's Pens.

In your Weapon swap ('x' hotkey), acquire a cheap 5L staff for single target damage. Craft the staff with Shrieking Essence of Sorrow. In the staff, use Glacial Cascade - Remote Mine - Minefield - Phys to Lightning - Concentrated Effect. Once you can afford 2 more Poet's Pens, equip one pen with Glacial Cascade - Phys to Lightning - Concentrated Effect, and in the other pen use Bladefall - Phys to Lightning - Concentrated Effect.

In order to sustain your life, you can use Barrage - GMP - Life Gain on Hit. Eventually, you will want to obtain a Berek's Grip ring for life leech.
In order to sustain your mana, you can begin by using Orb of Storms - Mana Leech. A cheap upgrade to this is the Mind of the Council helmet. In the endgame, you will want to acquire a Watcher's Eye jewel with "%Lightning damage leeched as mana while affected by Wrath."

Final gem links and gear
Pen 1: Lightning Warp - Less Duration - Swift Affliction
Pen 2: Arc - Inc Crit Strikes - Controlled Destruction
Pen 3: Glacial Cascade - Phys to Lightning - Concentrated Effect
Pen 4: Bladefall - Phys to Lightning - Concentrated Effect

Barrage - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Faster Attacks - Life Gain on Hit - Additional Accuracy -
Frenzy
(Frenzy can alternatively be used in a separate attack setup if you don't have a 6L)

Aura: Wrath (Enables Watcher's Eye. Must socket in Essence Worm ring so you can use the Clear Mind jewel)

Lightpoacher: Physical to Lightning - Increased Critical Strikes - Power Charge on Crit
(Replace Physical to Lightning with Orb of Storms for bossfights)

Flame Dash - Faster Casting - Arcane Surge (level 9) - Increased Duration

Jewels:

Prioritize jewels with %increased spell damage, %critical strike multiplier, and life. Abyss jewels should preferably have life or mana on them.
Mirror Arrow Summoner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1422529
Teleports Behind You: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2123293
Magma Orb Deadeye: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2736039
Last edited by dariidar on Feb 20, 2018, 2:46:30 PM
Last bumped on May 4, 2018, 2:23:25 AM
Howdy, interesting build, i have some general questions for ya.

enchant priority? do you have alternatives that you recommend or is arc chain really required?

any pantheon in particular required or useful?

with your tremendously high resist contribution on belt and boots, you only *just* make it to fire cap and your other resists are only 2 or 3% over cap. Does ele weakness maps cause you any alarm whatsoever? Would you consider being overcapped via jewels to be required or important depending on the content?

Your approach to mana leech was really interesting, but clearly orb of storms is going to slow down things a lot until you can get that watcher's eye. berek's grips are really difficult to acquire as well depending on the league. Would you possibly consider recommending a warmark orb of storms approach for players starting your build until then, as it's more readily obtainable and you don't have any curses in the way?

The bladefall/gc swap for single target is kind of under-represented in the guide for bossing, as far as explaining to newer players that you do so for bosses. You did say it's for single target in the early setup section, maybe just remind players in the links area otherwise it may be overlooked.

Overall, looks like fun.
Cheers
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
I think it would be better if you:

- get more aps like 8 or 7.9 or something

- add bodyswap and unearth in your setup

- enjoy the show ?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
"
enchant priority? do you have alternatives that you recommend or is arc chain really required?

Arc is good for pack clearing, but honestly it's not required. In my minotaur video, I'm using a plain old Rat's Nest.

"
with your tremendously high resist contribution on belt and boots, you only *just* make it to fire cap and your other resists are only 2 or 3% over cap. Does ele weakness maps cause you any alarm whatsoever? Would you consider being overcapped via jewels to be required or important depending on the content?

Resists are admittedly a bit difficult for a build with so many uniques. However, please note that you do not need a tombfist for this build to function. Gloves with 2-3 resists on them will help with the resist burden quite a bit. Furthermore, a rare amulet with resistances and one of: crit multiplier/ crit chance/ spell damage, will suffice until you can afford better gear.

Ele weakness maps are no problem for me because I have a surgeon's stibnite flask of warding, which is essentially always available.

"
Your approach to mana leech was really interesting, but clearly orb of storms is going to slow down things a lot until you can get that watcher's eye. berek's grips are really difficult to acquire as well depending on the league. Would you possibly consider recommending a warmark orb of storms approach for players starting your build until then, as it's more readily obtainable and you don't have any curses in the way?

I would suggest leech enchantment on boots for clearing maps. It is very easy to get this enchantment by spamming Cruel lab, you will easily get it within an hour or two. For longer bossfights, swap to Mind of the Council to sustain mana, and utilize Barrage/life gain on hit. I also have a Surgeon's divine mana flask just in case, but it almost never gets used.

Thanks for all your suggestions, will tweak the guide soon!

"
I think it would be better if you:

- get more aps like 8 or 7.9 or something

- add bodyswap and unearth in your setup

- enjoy the show ?

I don't see the point. I can just use lightning warp at 4aps and not waste points in attack speed. Creating corpses has no tangible benefit to this build.
Mirror Arrow Summoner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1422529
Teleports Behind You: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2123293
Magma Orb Deadeye: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2736039
Last edited by dariidar on Feb 23, 2018, 12:37:00 AM
sir, which bandit should i pick?
I've been playing this build in Bestiary since it looks fun and could afford most of the gear. So far my only issue is resistances to afford using a Berek's. I guess I could use jewels to make up for it or I could upgrade some gear. I am currently using Sanctify instead of
Augury of Penitence because I like to stand still and spam barrage to kill bosses and stuff, also the consecration looks cool when its everywhere.

Uber lab was easier than expected although I wouldn't recommend standing in any of the heavy hits to test your MoM soak.

For bandits I used alira to help with res and free multi. All in all its a fun build. I'm going to try to get this to 90 and push elder on T15 and shaper.

Gear:
Spoiler
Fala ai OP, Blz?

I've been doing this build as my second build this season, and im pretty new to wand/spell casting builds. That said, I would rly like to know if the accuracy support is for the porpuse only of gaining more life from the attacks.

I dont fell like I need it that much now and was thinking about trading it for a culling strike , blind or even empower.

Thanks!
Last edited by copaca on Mar 28, 2018, 1:31:15 AM
"
copaca wrote:
Fala ai OP, Blz?

I've been doing this build as my second build this season, and im pretty new to wand/spell casting builds. That said, I would rly like to know if the accuracy support is for the porpuse only of gaining more life from the attacks.

I dont fell like I need it that much now and was thinking about trading it for a culling strike , blind or even empower.

Thanks!

empower is bad idea cuz of dexterity stat- i only have for lvl 20 frenzy (im using jewel with 16 dex as bonus) and u dont need it bcuz frenzy isnt our main dps source but culling i think will be good rly

I've tried it on my second character, it's quite funnier to play than old VD poet's pen. Still working on some gear to push on from t13. I'm going to try culling strike on barrage setup too, didn't think about it yet.
How do you get your lightning warp to be so fast in the video? Matched up my gear pretty well but it still feels a bit sluggish compared to your demo. Cheers! Ignore the helm jewel btw.

Last edited by Chocokakke on May 4, 2018, 2:23:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info