βš‘πŸ’βš‘ The new #1 DPS Ring is here: Loath Grip Opal Ring! Comparison with other mirror rings. βš‘πŸ’βš‘

TLDR:

I compared Loath Grip against other mirror rings in 4 top tier meta builds and it ended up having the most dps out of all of them.

The Lightning version of it surprisingly can hold it's own even in phys conversion builds, meaning it is a very generic ring for all builds and you'd only have to mirror 1 ring to be set for life for ALL crit attack builds out there!

βš‘πŸ’βš‘One Ring To Rule Them All...βš‘πŸ’βš‘

Below I will be comparing Loath Grip to other top tier rings that are out there. This is meant to showcase the power and potential of Loath Grip, and not to take anything away from the other amazing crafts. If I wouldn't consider the other rings as good items, I would not even bother listing them here, obviously.

This showcase is also important because many people still don't use Path of Building at all/properly, thus they fail to realize that an item with a crafted mod, like Loath Grip, can still be very much worthy of mirroring and able to beat other rings out there.

I will therefore give you the clear PoB numbers of endgame builds, to help spread the use of PoB and make people realize its' power.

At the end of the day I craft to provide players options, and thus I will showcase Loath Grip in tier 1 meta builds while comparing it to the other rings - the choice lies with the customer, and the more choices, the better!

You are very welcome to improve the provided PoBs and give constructive criticism! It's always good to have a discussion & brainstorm about how builds can be improved & where mistakes might have been made. Please keep it civil though! :)

Comparison to other Top Tier Mirror Rings in T1 Meta Builds

Rings I will be including for comparison:

Corruption Knot Steel Ring by Ahfack:

Fee: 100 Exa (90Ex each for 2 copies)

Grim Nail Opal Ring by PnR:

Fee: 100 Exa

Foe Whorl Opal Ring by Mai_Cedere:

Fee: 70 Exa, 130 Exa for 2 copies (10 exa discount)

Bramble Eye Steel Ring by Aphrodite:

Fee: 90 Exa

DPS & Performance Comparisons

We will check the ring's performance in Ele Wander, Phys Wander, Brood Twine Signal Shot & Blade Flurry Builds.

I will only use existing items in PoB. Exceptions: Jewels (The ones I use exist, but it can be hard getting as many of them in real scenarios; this should not affect the testing however.)

If you spot any mistakes or improvements there, please point them out to me!

1) Elemental Wander

We only need to compare Loath Grip (Lightning Version) & Foe Whorl here, since the other rings don't have flat lightning and thus are not meant for pure ele builds.

Summary: Using 2x Loath Grip offers 1.76 Million more dps against shaper than Foe Whorl; but we lose 27 base life because Foe Whorl has 54 Strength (per ring).

Numbers and PoB for setup -->

Pastebin Code for PoB: https://pastebin.com/AVPnbT0S

2) Phys Wander

Here we compare the phys based rings with Loath Grip's phys and lightning version.

Summary: 2x Loath Grips (phys version) offer 612606 more dps against shaper than Grim Nail; but we lose 16 all resist per ring. Great option: We can overcap resistances using 1x Loath Grip and 1x Grim Nail.
Note: Even the Lightning Version of Loath Grip offers more dps than Grim Nail, which makes Loath Grip's Lightning Version a great & generic choice to mirror, since you can use it in both phys & pure ele builds.

The other rings all had less dps than Loath Grip and Grim Nail in this setup, I won't post their numbers but the PoB link is listed below.

Loath Grip (Phys Version) VS Grim Nail:

Loath Grip (Lightning Version) VS Grim Nail:

Pastebin Code for PoB: https://pastebin.com/9t5r9NU7

3) Brood Twine Signal Shot

Here we compare the phys based rings with Loath Grip's phys and lightning versions.

Summary: Loath Grip (Phys Version) wins by 2.8% more dps over Grim Nail (while wearing Kaom's Heart); Wearing Ahfack's new Elder Chest Wrath Guardian or an Yriel's Fostering closes the gap a bit, Loath Grip then only offers 0.8% more dps than Grim Nail.

Again, the Lightning Version of Loath Grip holds it's own, still offering more dps than Grim Nail (0.4%) despite lacking flat phys.

The other rings all had less dps than Loath Grip and Grim Nail in this setup, I won't post their numbers but the PoB link is listed below.

Loath Grip (Phys Version) VS Grim Nail:

Loath Grip (Lightning Version) VS Grim Nail:

Pastebin Code for PoB: https://pastebin.com/dqkhFVJe

4) Blade Flurry Phys Conversion

Here we compare the phys based rings with Loath Grip's phys and lightning versions.

Summary: Again Loath Grip ends up on top, dps wise. Corruption Knot is a close second, offering 1.4% less dps (2 rings), but it offers 90 total more life due to having 50 Strength. On place 3, dps wise, we have Grim Nail, which has 2.2% less dps than Loath Grip, but offers 16 all resist of course!

Note: The Lightning Version of Loath Grip is again surprisingly competitive, which solidifies my opinion of it being a very generic option for any crit attack build, regardless of wether you are purely ele based or converting phys damage.

Loath Grip (Phys Version) VS Corruption Knot:

Pastebin Code for PoB: https://pastebin.com/txvirAJL

Conclusions:

DPS wise, Loath Grip Opal Ring is, as far as these numbers tell me, the new #1 DPS Ring for crit ele attack builds across the board.

It offers a great generic option with it's Lightning Version that you can use on any build out there, saving you a lot of currency in the future since you'd only have to mirror it twice - after that you'd be set for life.

I am also trying to keep the fee fair and competitive at 80ex for 1 and 75ex for 2 copies.

If you are interested in a copy and/or want to see vouches of over 70 mirror services, check out my main thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1872121

Thanks for reading and have a great day wherever you are, exile! πŸ˜‹

Mortalo's Mirror Mania

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1872121

Creator of Blood Wing, Entropy Grinder, Eagle Hunger, Corruption Bite, Entropy Lock
Last edited by MortaloZeusson on Feb 19, 2018, 3:59:03 AM
Last bumped on Apr 14, 2018, 10:47:42 AM
RIP all other Opals. Insane ring! Glad you finally finished it.

DON'T LET YOUR DREAMS BE DREAMS
πŸŽ†πŸŽ† www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
πŸŽ†πŸŽ† NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
πŸŽ†πŸŽ† #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
πŸŽ†πŸŽ† ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
πŸŽ†πŸŽ† https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Good job on this beast.

While I do not play STD at all and don't normally post around here - I'm finally glad there is a new wave of mirrored services taking over the oldschool "scummy" monopoly - 200-300ex per service etc.

On topic - personally, if I'd be playing STD and wanted to mirror rings, I'd probably go with 1x Loath Grip + 1x Corruption Knot. The STR on Corruption Knot seems like a nice QoL stat to have in most builds nowdays.
"
Ahfack wrote:
RIP all other Opals. Insane ring! Glad you finally finished it.

DON'T LET YOUR DREAMS BE DREAMS

well, first of all, i like the ring. correct me if i'm wrong the flat ele roll has 5(?) times lower occurance rate than T1 flat phys. so, this sorta justifies the bench craft there.

but there is one thing,

the best suffix for abyss jewels is at most of the cases: 8% attack speed if you've crit recently.
the maximum +X% all elemental resistances is equal to 10 also.

you gotta get those resists from somewhere you know, mostly from jewels. Because for the deeps, tombfist, bubonic trail and rat's nest are unmatchable. so in order to acquire 16% all ele resistances you have to theoretically sacrifice 1.5 abyss jewel suffixes. which is equal to 12% attack speed if you've crit recently. or +16 multi, you name it.

I like to use 5 DPS + Life rings, as you advertised with 16% all resistance + 4dps + life rings in a combination. that's i think is the best solution. 2 FULL DPS rings makes you lose dps instead of providing more dps in realistic setups for the reason i've given here.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."ο»Ώ
Last edited by Rupenus on Feb 7, 2018, 7:33:11 PM
Now the cell's happy. But other molecules are saying "We'd like some energy too."

And it uses its own pigment molecule, chlorophyll, to carry out the action.

This does not make the ribosomes happy.

Hahahaha

And poor chlorophyll is caught in the middle of this!

Chlorophyll? More like bore-ophyll!
πŸŽ†πŸŽ† www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
πŸŽ†πŸŽ† NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
πŸŽ†πŸŽ† #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
πŸŽ†πŸŽ† ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
πŸŽ†πŸŽ† https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
Rupenus wrote:

well, first of all, i like the ring. correct me if i'm wrong the flat ele roll has 5(?) times lower occurance rate than T1 flat phys. so, this sorta justifies the bench craft there.

It's worse, sadly, over 20x as rare as flat phys.
There was some consideration, when I got the base, to metacraft T1 flat lightning first, but 3 things spoke against that:

- 3k Exalts metacrafting just to hit that mod (probably a bit less if one double slams until it rolls and eternal annuls it off, idk, didn't do the math)

- Then it would mean we'd have to eternal for T1 Wed, which would cost 75 eternals...and after that eternal for t1 life, ripping another 60 eternals.

Even if I was able to both afford that many eternals + miraculously find someone who has that many I couldn't jusitify that, ever.

If we craft from prefixes downwards, getting T0 Lightning through essences, we're also looking to eternal 5th and 6th affix to beat this ring, around 15-20k Exa total cost...for a ring more specific than this one (multi, ias & proj damage elder ring, useless for blade flurry etc.)

So in hindsight I'm kinda glad I just bench on the flat dmg, since now I have the option to go phys conversion or pure ele with it :D [/quote]

"
but there is one thing,

the best suffix for abyss jewels is at most of the cases: 8% attack speed if you've crit recently.
the maximum +X% all elemental resistances is equal to 10 also.

you gotta get those resists from somewhere you know, mostly from jewels. Because for the deeps, tombfist, bubonic trail and rat's nest are unmatchable. so in order to acquire 16% all ele resistances you have to theoretically sacrifice 1.5 abyss jewel suffixes. which is equal to 12% attack speed if you've crit recently. or +16 multi, you name it.

I like to use 5 DPS + Life rings, as you advertised with 16% all resistance + 4dps + life rings in a combination. that's i think is the best solution. 2 FULL DPS rings makes you lose dps instead of providing more dps in realistic setups for the reason i've given here.

It's a good point what you say here, but we also should keep in mind that all mods have diminishing returns. What I mean is that f.e. if we already have a lot of crit multi, we benefit more from a flat phys/ele suffix over 12% multi, same can be said for any of the "dps suffixes" on these. And of course there is no point right now to stack more resist after we hit the cap or ele weakness cap.

Overall I'm really happy that we simply have another option to chose from now, especially the lightning version surprised me because it does so well in phys conversion builds...so in the end I think it's just great that we have another option for ring slot available, competition & options for customers in any market is always great :D

Need to get more res? --> Grim Nail's way to go

Need more Strength? --> Foe Whorl & Corruption Knot got your back

Want more dps & a generic ring for all builds? --> Loath Grip says hi!

And who knows, maybe we will see a GG elder ring or some assassin's mark rings in the future too!

Mortalo's Mirror Mania

Creator of Blood Wing, Entropy Grinder, Eagle Hunger, Corruption Bite, Entropy Lock
"
Good job on this beast.

While I do not play STD at all and don't normally post around here - I'm finally glad there is a new wave of mirrored services taking over the oldschool "scummy" monopoly - 200-300ex per service etc.

On topic - personally, if I'd be playing STD and wanted to mirror rings, I'd probably go with 1x Loath Grip + 1x Corruption Knot. The STR on Corruption Knot seems like a nice QoL stat to have in most builds nowdays.

Ya, while I think the power creep of 3.1 was absolutely absurd it was a smart thing of GGG to do since the market for mirror items was reset for many many slots.

Don't agree with the stygian vise base here or sceptres being able to roll 130% extra damage but it is what it is I guess.

Standard market looks a lot healthier now and I can return to playing temp leagues, my work here is done :D
Mortalo's Mirror Mania

+
Mortalo's Mirror Mania

+
Mortalo's Mirror Mania

+
Mortalo's Mirror Mania

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info