[3.1] CWDT Build without VP (or legacy Acuity) MOM Inquisitor

WARNING: This is not a build suitable for new players, and not a cost efficient one neither. Don't attempt this if you don't fully understand the mechanism behind or don't have the required gears.

This build is purely for fun and entertainment (and wasting currency) at the end of the league, so don't even try to attempt this as league starter. (You can use my phys cycloner on the forum as league starter: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2022153)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Video]

(Warning: some of the videos may be too loud, so turn down the volume first)

Normal Mapping (T15 Siege, Enfeeble, Boss Life): https://youtu.be/maM70tR75ks

Minotaur(with some map clearing): https://youtu.be/pWYC6orV3XU

Hydra: https://youtu.be/fq5HD9GzpVw

Phoenix: https://youtu.be/4boT5Q2ya2A

Chimera: https://youtu.be/UGgRwxxqirs

Shaper: https://youtu.be/auvolk7o-ec (one stupid death)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Basic Concept]

1. Stack add spell dmg from Abyssal Jewel, which greatly enhance the base dmg of CWDT spells (They are low level, so added dmg is super effective unlike fully leveled spells), with "Inevitable Judgement" in Inquisitor, you are not restricted by the dmg type of the jewels, as long as they are elemental.

2. Using Itlv84 Shaper base Armor to get global base spell crit (up to 1.5%), most of your spells can reach 80~90% crit during Diamond flask up-time. Crit will trigger ignite, ignite will trigger the self-damaged from "Eye of the Innocence", which can stack up and trigger CWDT spells again, forming a cycle.

3. Using multiple ways to get Life gain on hit from spells (Vitality Watcher's Eye Jewel, "Razor of the Seventh Sun" and Shaper base Ring), to out-heal the self damage.

4. The self damage from "Eye of the Innocence" is counted as "HIT", it can activate all the on hit effect. Including "Sanctify" to generate consecrate ground whenever you go.
With "Pious Path", Inquisitor have extremely high mana regen on consecrate ground. By using one Shaper ring with "+3 Mana gained on hit with spell", this allow us sustain MOM even with the self-damage cycle running, which greatly increase our EHP against big damage hit.

5. The self-damage cycle is hard to initiate when you are facing only one mob (Against boss). So we use "Storm Burst" and "Cremation" to generate hits numbers against single target to speed up the self-damage cycling. "Storm Burst" and "Cremation" with GMP supported have very high hit numbers per second against single target. Also since the "Storm Burst" is channel skill, it can be support with "Storm Barrier Support", which give us damage reduction and full power charge up-time, since the self damage from "Eye of the Innocence" is counted as "HIT".

There are a lot of details inside the POB to allow this build to function well in the endgame contents. Plz read the POB carefully before you even want to attempt it.

My current POB: https://pastebin.com/FpqKLsv9
(I'm playing on Taiwan Garena server, since POB doesn't support direct export of the character, I have to generate each item the same as my current character manually.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Gearing]

100% Required:

Spoiler

Amulet: "Eye of Innocence"
Our major tool to start the self-damage cycling.

Itlv84 Shaper Body Armor with T1 base spell crit (1~1.5%)
With this, we can reach enough crit chance on most of our CWDT spells to reliably proc ignite through critical hit.

One Shaper Ring with "3 Mana Gain on hit with spell"
Without this you can't run MOM, without MOM it's very difficult(and expansive) for this build to reach enough EHP to do high tier maps.

At least 50 Life Gain on hit with spell
"Eye of Innocence" deal 100 fire damage to you each time you proc ignite, after 75% resistance, 25 damage will go through. So 25 is the minimum reacquired to not die from this.
But for mapping, 50 is probably the lowest amount that I recommended in Red Tier maps.

You can get this through:
"Razor of the Seventh Sun" (1% Max HP gain for each "Ignite")
"Vitality watcher's eye" (20~30 HP for each "Hit")
"Ngamahu's Sign" (20~30 HP for each "Ignite")
"Shaper base Ring" (up to 15HP for each spell "Hit")

You also have to understand that Life gain on "Ignite" is not the same as on "Hit", since you only get 80~90% crit chance during flask on most of your spells.
My current character is using one "Razor of the Seventh Sun" and "Vitality watcher's eye".

Belt(Stygian Vise) with reduced flask charged used mod
Crit chance is extremely important for this build, you want almost full diamond flask up-time to reliably start/sustain the self-damage cycling. Diamond flask with Chemist's mod plus the belt allow you to have 3 usage on each Diamond flask, a very big difference especially when you are doing Guardian or Shaper (I even bring 3 Diamond for Shaper).

Highly recommended (Probably required for endgame content)

Spoiler

One Hysteria Essence Weapon
Using Hysteria Essence on weapon give the mod:"10% chance to Cast Level 20 Fire Burst on Hit"
Fire burst is a area spell with high base fire damage (703~1055) with 0.5 sec cool-down and can be supported by the support gem on the weapon. Since we generate a lot of hits once the self-damage cycle started, it will proc 2 Fire Burst each second, give us a big damage boost. A decently rolled hysteria weapon can easily beat top-tier spell damage weapon for this build.

Elder helmet with "Conc.effect" and "Immolate" Support
Basically giving us two 6-Links, greatly increase our damage from CWDT spells.

Shaper Glove with "Blind" and "Mana leech" Support
The "Supported with Blind" mod also give "Global blind chance", which is extremely strong for us since we generate so many hits. By putting CWDT spells or Strom Burst/Cremation on Gloves, the mana leech support allow us to regen mana during intense fight much faster, sustaining MOM.
The Shaper glove also have other useful mods, like "Supported with Faster casting", which can be use for Storm Burst to generate even more hits against single target.

Multiple abyssal jewels with high added "elemental" damage to spells
My character currently have average ~350 total add elemental damage from 6 abyssal jewels. Since CWDT spells are kept at low level to have higher proc. rate, the added damage is very effective to scale their power. ~200 average total add damage is sufficient for maps, and I kill all the guardians and shaper with ~300.
Another easy way to get add spell damage is through boot enchantment, especially the "Add cold damage if you have been hit recently", since the self damage from "Eye of Innocence" is "HIT".

Flask
Spoiler

1 Life flask with recovery speed, its main purpose is to counter the DOT (DOT don't proc CWDT)

2 Diamond flask with reduce charge used:
So we have total 6 usage on diamond during mapping, for Shaper fight I even bring 3 Diamond.

1 Utility flask with "20% gain 1 charge on critical strike":
Since our CWDT spells have high crit chance and high cast rate, this flask will rarely run-out. I use Granite(with inc. Armor mods) for most situations.

1 Atziri's Promise or QuickSilver

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Skill Links]

On Hysteria weapon: CritChance-Controlled Destruction-Conc. Effect
To boost the damage of Fire burst. You can use "Chance to ignite" instead of Controlled Deconstruction if you feel your self-damage cycle is not reliable enough.

Helm(Supported by Conc.effect and Immolate): Lv2 CWDT-FireStorm-Volatile Dead-CritChance

One of our major damage source. Firestorm with conc.effect is super strong against single target. And VD is a busted spell if you don't need to manually cast corpse generation. We use Lv2 CWDT because Lv2 CWDT have the highest Damage/Trigger threshold ratio.

BodyArmor: Lv2 CWDT-CritChance-Immolate-Blade Vortex-Blade Fall-Glacial Cascade

Blade Vortex is a must have since it have high damage and have duration so you can stack it between packs during mapping. The rest is what I like the most after testing, you can choose other spells to suit your style.

Glove(Supported by Blind and Mana leech): Storm Burst-Storm Barrier-GMP-Cremation
Major Hits generator against single target. Storm barrier give us reliable power charges and phys reduction. Cremation is a "Fire-and-forget" spell that you can easily weave in when channeling Storm Burst.

Boots: Lv1 CWDT-Ball lightning-GMP-Unearth
Our corpse generator and hits generator against packs. I use Lv1 CWDT here since the damage is not the major purpose, only frequency.

Off-hand: Whirling blade-Faster Attack-Enduring Cry
I don't use Fortify since it will also reduce the self-damage taken. Enduring charge is better because it only reduce physical damage and the self-damage are fire.

Ring: Vitality
To get the LGOH effect from Watcher's eye jewel. You can use Essence Worm to get the highest EHP, but I'm currently in favor of another Shaper's ring with LGOH or Mana Gain on Hit.

Last edited by Drosophila on Feb 8, 2018, 3:25:18 AM
Last bumped on Feb 7, 2018, 6:34:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info