Fluroclad's Characters

Hello,

This thread is to blog the progress of my characters and keep a history of them as I have decided to fully transition to SSF.

I originally played Path of Exile 1-2 months after the originally release however I did not stick with it because it wasn't kind to my computer at the time. Fast forward 4 years later a friend, Liamwpk, recommended that I should start playing again since the 3.0 expansion was coming out fairly soon. I played a bit of hardcore and softcore leagues but found I got bored of the extremely quickly due to the trading system, no sense of achievement buying challenges and high end gear, hence why I have moved on to SSF. Currently thoroughly enjoying the ride, experience and knowledge that I have gained after starting SSF exactly 2 weeks ago.

Throughout each League I will post notable finds, current goals and possibly in the future in-depth statistics. For now I will include jewellers and fusings used to 6 link items and anything else that seems relevant. Will also post theorycraft builds to do in the future of the league and atlas progression to keep in mind goals and these builds.

Abyss SSF

Current Goals
• Chance Abyssal Axes for Ngamahu's Flame
• 6-link my Belly of the Beast

Things I've Learnt
• Adapted my Atlas strategy significantly. Early on in the league I just did the highest tier map available to me completed it with complete disregards to the 3-to-1 recipes and drop only maps. This ruined a good 3-4 days of playing as I was unable to find specific maps which where drop only with ease. I ended up Vaal'ing a couple and getting lucky with connected maps.
• The Vaal Recipe (7 Vaal Gems + 1 Sacrifice Fragment).
• The GCP Recipe (Superior Gems adding to 40% quantity).

Characters
ASSF_Flunder (Sunder)

Level: 93
Class: Gladiator

My starting character for SSF in Abyss. Started this character before I decided to document my progress so I can't remember how progress was prior to getting this gear.

Current Gear

Alternative Gear

Gear for swapping in when needed.

Notable Finds

Third Pen Map drop from boss:

First run of a breachstone on SSF:

Abyssal Depths before the patch to increase spawn rate of Abyssal Lichs:

First Atziri Run:

31/01/2018: Got my first 2 socket abyss gloves in SSF and second of the league. Vaal'd them for curse on hit but hit 2 white sockets. They were already max rolled before Vaaling.

31/01/2018: Got a House of Mirrors Card from a Stacked Deck:

Last edited by Fluroclad on Jan 31, 2018, 8:59:58 AM
Last bumped on Feb 3, 2018, 6:49:17 PM
RESERVED
RESERVED
Got my first 2 socket abyss gloves in SSF and second of the league. Vaal'd them for curse on hit but hit 2 white sockets. They were already max rolled before Vaaling.

Today I also got a House of Mirrors Card from a Stacked Deck:

Ran an Unidentified Mao Kun with +20% quant from Chisels: Got 1 Exalted Orb and 1 Orb of Annulment
Last edited by Fluroclad on Jan 31, 2018, 10:20:05 AM
Got my Ngahamu's Flame today from the Battle Born cards. Changed my atlas mapping to Caldera to get the last couple of cards I had collected previously from Volcano/Diviner's.

Took 530 Jewellers to 6 Socket.

Time to start leveling up my Raider for Cyclone!
Last edited by Fluroclad on Feb 1, 2018, 6:11:26 PM
First map of the day and a Max Quant Bisco's dropped:
. Guess I won't be using a Xoph's Blood anymore.
I'm now using my Raider Cyclone with MF gear. It's pretty bad the current setup need a couple more better items but crafted a few to just get by.

I got 2 The King's Heart, 1 The Valkyrie in the same map.

Got a Poet's Pen from 5 for 1 prophecy and 1 dropped from Volcano boss.

Last edited by Fluroclad on Feb 3, 2018, 6:56:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info