[3.1] Ele Flurry/Reave Pathfinder | Guardian/Shaper | Versatile | VIDEO

INTRODUCTION

Hi all. This is my take on the Blade Flurry and Reave meta. It utilizes high crit and lightning damage to blaze through all content the game has to offer. I have played three similar styled builds so far this league including Raider/Slayer/Inquisitor. This Pathfinder has to be my favorite due to it's versatility in both map clearing and bossing. I was capable of hitting 5m shaper dps with ease.

VIDEO

Shaper and Guardian kills will be recorded when I get time to play

Shaped Vault Temp Chain/Monster Life - https://youtu.be/AZT_OpsoR94

OVERVIEW

Pros:

+ Extremely high DPS potential
+ Effective on budget friendly gear
+ Excels on high end gear
+ Utilizes 5 damage flasks with Pathfinder
+ Multiple attack skill gems can be used
+ Very straight forward gearing choices

Cons:

- High end gear can get expensive
- Can't do Ele Reflect or No Leech Maps

SKILL TREE

Spoiler
Level 90

Tankier Version (6-6.5k Life)

http://poeurl.com/bKDr

Higher DPS Less Tanky Version (5-5.5k Life)

http://poeurl.com/bKOJ

Ascendancy Points

Nature's Adrenaline -> Nature's Boon -> Master Alchemist -> Veteran Bowyer

Bandits: Help Alira

Great for getting through early game leveling with mana regen and helps caps resists. Crit Multi is always nice as well.

LEVELING TREES

SKILL TREE EXPLANATION

Spoiler
We choose Pathfinder to help give us insane movement and attack speed while mapping. Pathfinders are also notorious for having very good burst dps on bosses due to their great synergy with flasks. Our skill tree is quite self explanatory but I will talk about a few key nodes that the build makes use of.

Soul Raker - This node is the bread and butter of our build. It gives us much needed life and mana leech so we can sustain without taking duelist leech nodes.

Primeval Force - Basically a must have node for any elemental build that travels on the right side of the tree. Ele penetration and damage is just amazing.

Acrobatics - Our main layer of defense. Acrobatics will give us 30% increased dodge chance to combine with our base evasion.

YES YOU CAN PLAY THIS AS A RAIDER

A Raider variant of this build can arguably be better for Guardian and Shaper farming due to their ability to generate frenzy charges on single targets. Feel free to play either ascendancy you want. I just prefer pathfinder for the efficient mapping. If you go Raider, make sure you pick up the extra frenzy charge nodes.

JEWELS

Spoiler
This build makes use of a decent amount of jewel slot. Jewels are a perfect way for us to gain a good amount of life and some extra damage from a wide range of stats, but mainly added lightning damage and increased attack speed.

Attack speed and life should be a mandatory stat on most, if not all your jewels. We grab only a handful of attack speed nodes on our skill tree, so the more attack speed we get on our jewels the better.

These are some examples of decent jewels. I bought all of them for under 10c a piece.

GEAR

Map Clear

HEADHUNTER IS NOT NECESSARY!!!!

Swap in with decent jewels for a large gain in dps for mapping. This is also the best possible belt you can use for bossing and is able to be bought for 1c!

GEAR EXPLANATION

Spoiler
Weapon

This is my current claw I self crafted. Main stats you are looking for are high crit and high attack speed. Make sure your claw has both of those and you will be on the right track. Aim for atleast 2.0 attacks per second and 8% base crit on claw. Second priority will be high crit multi. You can look for an open suffix on a claw to self craft it. Any added lightning damage is a bonus. Other elemental damages would be fine too.

Off-Hand

Large dps increase due to not needing accuracy. The typical meta builds are set up to dual wield a stat stick item but that is not the purpose of this build and will actually make you lose damage. If you can't get Lycosidae you must get accuracy on gear to be at least at 92% chance to hit or you will begin to see an astronomical loss in dps on bosses.

Helm

Starkonja's is a perfect item for this build. Gives a little bit of crit and attack speed with high life. Very easy to get with Blade Flurry enchant on it. A high life helm with some resists will also work.

Chest

I love this item to death and it's my go to for mapping. Not only does it's rework look amazing, but it helps clear speed immensely using both Blade Flurry or Reave. This chest is very easy to color correctly and comes with some nice added life and damage on it as well.

USE BELLY OF THE BEAST IF YOU FEEL SQUISHY AND NEED EXTRA LIFE OR RESISTS

Gloves

These gloves give very nice offensive bonuses with attack speed, two jewel slots, and free intimidate. Huge dps increase. Rare gloves with high life and resists also work.

Boots

Nothing special here. Just make sure you get massive life and resists in this slot. This is where you cover most of your resists. Can craft Elemental Damage with Attacks if available.

AIM FOR 1-160 LIGHTNING DAMAGE ENCHANT IF YOU DON'T NEED TWO-TONED BOOTS TO CAP RESISTS

Amulet

My Amulet is not very good at the moment. Main stats to aim for are high life, crit multi, and elemental damage with attacks. Added elemental damage and crit chance would be a bonus and can easily be crafted.

THROW ON BISCO'S COLLAR WHILE MAPPING IF YOU WANT

Rings

Same goes here. My rings are far from perfect but are plenty good enough to clear through all content. High life, resists, elemental damage with attacks, and added elemental damage are all good. Opal rings are obviously best bases.

Belt

Used for Mapping for obvious reasons.

Paired with two 40 life and high added damage jewels this belt is insane. It will be better than any rare belt for damage.

USE RARE STYGIAN VISE IF YOU NEED HELP CAPPING RESISTS

LINKS AND GEMS

Spoiler
Main DPS Setup

6L for Single target

6L for Mapping

Or swap in Reave for better clear speed.

Our main method of scaling our damage is through increased elemental damage and critical strikes. These gems do a great job at doing both of those. This build is very versatile in which main skill you want to use though. If you don't like the idea of Blade flurry or Reave, you can easily swap to Spectral Throw/Lightning Strike/Molten strike by switching a couple of skill tree nodes in favor of the "Sniper" node up by the claw nodes, and by grabbing Point Blank. Be creative!

CWDT Setup

Cast when damage taken Immortal call helps protect us from getting deleted by a bunch of small physical hits. Very good defensive layer to add on top of an Evasion/Acrobatics build.

Mobility Setup

Whirling Blades is very useful for racing across maps and dodging abilities. This is also our method of keeping up Fortify, another one of our layers of defense.

Aura Setup

Wrath is self explanatory and scales our lightning damage which is the center-piece of our build.
Our Herald of Thunder curse on hit setup allows us to generate power charges while mapping giving us a large boost to dps.

SWAP OUT CURSE ON HIT SETUP WHILE BOSSING

Use this power charge on crit setup to generate charges on a single target.

Alternative Assassin's Mark Setup

It's possible to drop Herald of Thunder entirely and run a Blasphemy -> Assassin's mark 2L setup in your gloves since those gem slots don't get used anyways.

This would free up another 3L setup for the Orb of Storms -> Power Charge on crit setup at the same time. The only downside would be losing some added damage from Herald of Thunder.

Golem

Golem for some added crit, Blood Rage for Frenzy charge generation, and Ancestral Protector for massive increase to attack speed (very useful for bosses).

LEVELING

Spoiler
I started out leveling using spectral throw, but you could also use frost blades or molten strike. All options seem to work well. Grab added lightning and cold damage in act 1. Ancestral call is amazing for leveling with molten strike/frost blades if you decide to go that route (also found in act 1 after first quest). Faster attacks and herald of thunder in act 2, blade flurry or reave in act 3 if you want.

Try to get as many leveling items as possible to make the process easier. I found that tabula and HoTW was fine for a weapon all the way until lvl 68.

THE END

I'd like to thank you all for reading this guide and hope you learned something along the way. For anyone wanting to try a very high dps build that has great end game potential, this build is a great place to start.

Feel free to message me in game or post here with any questions.
Last edited by Kimbroslice on Jan 26, 2018, 10:36:20 PM
Last bumped on Feb 26, 2018, 1:24:58 AM
Reserved.
Really solid and easy going build :) Perfect for starting out as budget and adding pieces along the way. I like that you emphasize its versatility and how easy it is to choose a skill of your liking.

Also good point regarding the weapon, just get good base crit and speed on your claw and you will be golden :)
"
slickepinnen wrote:
Really solid and easy going build :) Perfect for starting out as budget and adding pieces along the way. I like that you emphasize its versatility and how easy it is to choose a skill of your liking.

Also good point regarding the weapon, just get good base crit and speed on your claw and you will be golden :)

Yup that's what I was going for! I do happen to have some expensive pieces of gear now, but I was capable of killing all guardians and shaper with very affordable and budget friendly gear. Scales great and is much tankier than any of the dual wielding flurry/reave builds out there. Can easily break 6-6.5k life if you use a belly.

Thank you for the feedback!
Last edited by Kimbroslice on Jan 24, 2018, 7:45:19 PM
Just uploaded a quick Vault clear! Since that's what many people are wanting to do this league I figured it would be a good video to start out with.

Will post Guardian and Shaper kills when I get the time to play again.
How build works against guardians/hogm/uber atziri/shaper?
Last edited by NaneLz on Jan 26, 2018, 6:49:16 PM
"
NaneLz wrote:
How build works against guardians/hogm/uber atziri/shaper?

It would struggle in hogm against the blocking npc's. Very capable, but it would be a pain and probably isn't worth farming on this character since that's not what it was built to do. It's one of the better shaper/guardians farmers I've made so far though. My current setup pushes shaper through phases in about 2-3 seconds with flasks running. I also completed all end game boss kills on the character by lvl 82. Will be making more videos within the next day or so as well.

Last edited by Kimbroslice on Jan 26, 2018, 6:59:48 PM
And what about pantheon ?
"
NaneLz wrote:
And what about pantheon ?

Pantheon is your personal choice. I use brine King for help against stun lock and Shakari for some chaos res. Nothing too special about pantheons for this build. Choose what you want for the situation.
Very interested in converting my molten striker to this build, however do you have the tree for a raider? Am very much more interested in Raider at hte moment ;D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info