[3.1] Pseudo 8L Elemental Crit. Ethereal Knives (Insane map clear speed, boss kill viable)

Hi there, I am 7Car
This is my first post to share my build
After
released, EK became a popular build for map farming
As like other EK build, my build is similar to others. So I just want to share my build (My build is tend to maximize the tooltip) to all of you and give some suggestion during boss fight

ProS
+As stated by other EK build. Fast, Faster, Fastest!

Cons
-Expensive if similar gear with me, around 60-70ex

My solo full buff DPS : 460K (Original Gem Setting)

Passive Tree

Ascendant passive
Spoiler
Instruments of Virtue -> Righteous Providence -> Inevitable Judgement -> Augury of Penitence

Current End Game Gear
Spoiler

Weapon
I love this very much, it dropped in Shaped Vault when I am doing a public party. The mod socketed movement skills have no mana cost is great!
Shield
Good Crit chance for spell, reasonable life and spell damage, worth 30-40c only
Helmet
The most decent league specific item in this league. The Spirit Burst is just like another nova EK. Damage not really high but for clear small mob is enough. And as VP is serious Nerfed, life recovery of this helmet can compensate part of instant leech of VP
Chest
My RNG is shit throughout past league, but in this league i got 2 +1tabula out of three. So, i can get lv26 EK easily
Gloves
The only gloves you can use if u want 100% conversion to elemental damage(Anyway Hrimsorrow is enough). By the way I suggest to have 'Trigger XXX of light when you take a critical strike', cause its grant you 6% life regen when u take a crit strike, mainly for life saving
Boots
Around 30c(in early league, similar boots now around 2-3ex!?). Only focus on life, ms, resist. Or you can use Voidwalker for phasing and pierce more targets
Amulet
Previous Amulet before Bisco, focus on damage
Ummm...needless to say
Ring

Focus on resist and life, only 30-40c per ring
Belt
For maximize the number of Spirit Charges.
Jewel
If you do not have Voidwalker, this jewel is the best replacement for Pierce Support Gem.
This jewel is f__king expensive, but it can replace the Increase Critical Strike Support, so that U can use Empower4 without worrying about the critical chance.
Ah, yes. One thing, Ring of Blades is also a must!

Abyssal Jewel
I use 6 abyssal jewel. Mainly focus on Life, Physical Damage to Spell, Physical Damage to Spell While holding A Shield. And Two of them have mod of % chance to get phasing and onslaught on kill.
Flask

Original Gem Linkage
Spoiler
1) Ethereal Knives-Spell Echo-Controlled Destruction-Physical to Lightning-Hypothermia-Empower
2) Shield Charge-Faster Attack-Fortify
3)Herald of Ice-Curse On Hit-Assassin's Mark(Most of the build will use Ice bite as well, but the efficiency of getting frenzy is shit, so I use Blood Rage to get Frenzy consistently)
4) Blood Rage-Vaal Clarity-Portal-Leap Slam
5) Cast When Damage Taken-Warlord's Mark-Hatred-Summon Lightning Golem
6) (Spirit Burst)-Physical to Lightning-Greater Multiple Projectiles-Controlled Destruction

Budgeting Set-up
Spoiler
Just change Empower4 to Increased Critical Strike

Boss Fight
Spoiler
There are two ways to deal with boss
1) Replace BV directly with EK (GC/Bladefall also good, but if you can sustain 20 layer, BV is the best)
2) Using Vaal Breach

For Leveling
Spoiler
I use Sparks-Pierce-elemental proliferation-Controlled Destruction-Arcane Surge to level my char (I use +1 Tabula for leveling). For sure, you need to add faster casting for low lv and spell echo when you reach act4
Karui Ward amulet is also highly recommend
When you reach 53lv, you can consider to use EK

Extreme DPS Setting - 1mil DPS up (Only for tooltip lover, anyway also map farming viable. But you need GOTTA GO FAST!)

Spoiler
Ethereal Knives-Spell Echo-Controlled Destruction-Physical to Lightning-Elemental Focus-Empower
Use Righteous Fire and Vaal Haste
And someone remind me that i can also use Arcane Surge, Sulphur flask, Herald of Ash and Rallying Cry for maximum DPS as well

Last edited by carcarhin on Jan 20, 2018, 10:08:01 PM
Last bumped on Feb 3, 2018, 5:50:25 PM
Where are passives?
"
Sauceton wrote:
Where are passives?

Amended
Thanks for remind!
Ascendancy order please, and can we use dying sun flask with this build?
"
Ascendancy order please, and can we use dying sun flask with this build?

Added :)
I think dying sun isn't worth, cause just add 2 projectile
if you need to added one more flask, I will choose Sin's Rebirth, cause you can leech more with chaos damage.
"
carcarhin wrote:

Added :)

Thank you. What about pantheon, which ones are best?

Thank you.
This setup is so terrible and not min-maxed at all. Money wasted basically. I'd ignore this guide if I were you...
Well do you have a link to a 3.1 EK with the person that created it being active? Because I haven't found one... I almost did but then the dude hasn't responded and there were obvious mistakes in his as well. So I'd prefer to stick to a guide where the person that created it is actually talking/responding(at least he was but its only been a few days since the last one).

I am also curious on what you'd think is the best Pantheon setup and when/if we ever get a fucking Divine Vessel to drop which ones we should shoot for first/second/third/etc to upgrade.

Edit: ... oh... not even a few days, literally one day since his last response so I am certain he's still active in here... :P
Last edited by arokace on Jan 22, 2018, 2:45:31 AM
Well proved my first point about there being any other 3.1 EK Nova build guides but disproved my other point about the author being active sadly, :( ...
Not only is the Author letting us(well just me really) but also the guy that 'claimed' this guide is shitty is also letting me down. Why say something is bad and then not give info or links or whatever to something that should obviously be an improvement over this... Damn, once again the Exiles of Wraeclast are also letting me down... like always.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info