[3.1.2] Abyss Frost Blade Build [Update]

Update

I made some changes at build, the life becomes from 5.5 k to 5k but the dps is more better, almost 500k against Shaper and ofc without ancestral warchief. I don't recommend this build for end game content, but is really good at fast making maps. I made the 36 challenges in abyss with this build and was really satisfying.
What i change?:
New passives
New gems: frost bomb ,ice golem
New rings and amulet

New jewels:

Change some gems, faster attacks and frostbite for elemental focus and cold penetration.
New enchant on boots, cold dmg add.

Pros:

-Fast speed
-Beginner friendly
-Gear is accessible
-Blood Magic capable (your choice)
-Physical reflect maps capable
-Decent DPS
-Immune to elemental aliments

Cons:

-HC unavailable
-Can't do Elemental reflected maps
-Frost Blades can't be use for Atziri, you must have a single target gem (like Dual Strike)
-Can die from one shot, at some bosses are requirement some concentration and skill (i use the decoy totem in these cases)

Video
The video is before the update, a bit more life but low dps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKBC9xArris

Defence and Offence

This build become strong in this league because of the new abyss jewels which you can now use even on armor. I recommend to achieve at least the new gloves and boots, with 2 abyss sockets could be great. The new helmet, "Lightpoacher", can still be a good choice, but i prefer "Starkonja's Head" for high evasion, attack speed, critical strike and life. In principal the main thing is to have at least 3 sockets linked on gloves, helmet or boots, this is for the immortal call and frosbite.
Gear

Is important to have Tombfist and Bubonic Trail, if you can with 2 abyss sockets both of them. At same with the belt, must have a abyss socket, don't worth to have 2 at it. The elemental resistance is base in principal from jewels, so i use only the chest armor and the belt for some resistance because at rings and amulet this isn't necessary, and the accent at them is on damage and some strength. Some chaos resistance could be nice of course.

Flasks

I use Taste of Hate for more resistance (20% of physical damage is converted in cold, +50% cold resistance), for more damage the sulphur flask is better,but not with more. Jade flask and Atziri's Promise are essential for bosses.

Passive Tree

Raider class is perfect for this build because it gives one more frenzy charge, attack speed, phasing, immune to elemental aliments, elemental damage increased. With the frenzy charges accumulated in passive tree we got in total 7 frenzy charges, of course we can get more with some specific gear.
Bandit choice :
Alira is a good choice from bandits, but to kill them all for 2 passives can still be a good way to improve the build.

Lvl 94-95

Current passive tree

Gems:

Chest: Frost blades + elemental damage with attacks + cold penetration + added cold damage + elemental focus + multistrike
Helmet: Cast when take damage + immortal call + frostbite + phase run/blood rage
Boots: Whirling Blades + Faster Attack + Fortify
Gloves: Herald of Ice and Hatred
Claw1: Dual strike for Atziri
Claw2: cast when take damage + frost bomb + ice golem

Jewels:

The best abyss jewels for this build have cold damage added, elemental resistances, chaos resistances, life, onslaught (not really need) and must have one with intelligence (with strength to could be perfect).

Leveling:
Leveling items

Leveling with the build is easy, you get the frost blades from Act 1 and is important to get in first the "Soul Raker" from passive tree, that one offer life leech and mana leech. A tabula and some unique claws could be nice to have if you want a fast leveling.
Last edited by DirtDogs on Jan 22, 2018, 3:01:20 PM
Last bumped on Feb 4, 2018, 3:53:20 AM
Dude gratz for the effort but you can do it way better. Take a look at my take on this. I have more life, capped res, higher crit, 447k dps against Shaper and currently doing T14(didn't tried higher because higher tier just does not drop).

https://pastebin.com/yzTk6bqS
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ
Or you can go 2-4 cold dmg per 10 dexterity and have similar or better stats with 2x700dps claws.
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
@Dharmatrooper
Yea you have right, i mess around with PoB, and if i change the Faster Attack,Ice byte and multistrike gems with cold penetration, ruthless and Hypothermia this have a huge dps boost, i get like 500k dps at Shaper. About the life i saw your build and ofc the Belly of the Beast is better for more life but in same time is more expensive.
However i still go with my idea because is more faster, stability life leech and at bosses i only switch ice byte with cold penetration and is really fine.
Last edited by DirtDogs on Jan 12, 2018, 9:40:01 AM
Nice guide :D
What about The Pantheon ?
Soul of Lunaris i guess ?
Last edited by olivbau on Jan 11, 2018, 3:51:21 PM
@olivbau
Soul of Lunaris isn't bad, but think soul of solaris is better for hard bosses when you don't have mobs for more life leech and frenzy charges, but however is your choice. And the other one i advice you to go for soul of tukohama.
is this all content ?
I am curious how you are converting your physical damage to chaos damage.
@Fimbulvertr
No isn't.
@denndeg
I'm not doing that...wtf, only chaos dmg which i have is from flask, u have only to convert from physical to cold dmg.
Last edited by DirtDogs on Feb 4, 2018, 3:53:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info