Latency Problems (impossible to play)

Hello guys,

so I am experiencing Latency issues since 19.12.2017 around 8 pm.

So this is how it looks ingame

It is basically every 5-10 seconds I have a major ping-spike between 1000ms and 3000ms

I also used winMTR as suggested in the guide here is my pastebin link (this is from a full run of a t4 map)

https://pastebin.com/mZu875DP

I also ran a normal ping x.x.x.x -t on the instance server and it seems every 10-20 pings I get a timeout.

Also I checked my Modem Downstream:

My dBmV values are 4,5,4,4,3,4,3,0,0,0,0,0,-1,-1,-1

My SNR values are 40,40,40,40,40,40,40,38,38,38,38,38,38,38,38,38

If you need any more information ask away :(

What I tried so far:

1)Restart PC
2)Repair POE
3)Changed Gateway (Amsterdam / Londong instead of default Frankfurt)
3)Talk to ISP if there is any Problem seems not (they updated modem software and restarted thats it)
4)Changed LAN Cable to a different one
5)Went to ISP and requested a different Modem
6)Tried a Ping / Trace to my Hideout Instance Server from my Mac (also timeouts / 700ms pings in an interval https://pastebin.com/aWjS9SBT - first ping spike at line 55 (732ms) leading into timeouts every 10 lines.

Nothing of the above worked I am kinda out of Ideas. I think its something with my ISP but I am no expert. But if it is what can I do to make them fix it.They only say like change the cable and the other 0815 crap solutions.

At the moment I am not really able to play my lvl 90 HC Abyss Char since this will definatly rip me had a few close calls already....

Really appreciate if someone could help me out.

Kind Regards and happy Holidays

Last edited by Giusti on Dec 21, 2017, 3:19:21 PM
Last bumped on Aug 31, 2018, 9:53:52 PM
Those pings definitely show a network problem, but not where it is. https://pingplotter.com/fix-your-network is a good guide to locating exactly where the problem is. I suggest following that, and you should be able to locate it. (It also has advice on how to get your ISP to fix it, if they are being unhelpful.)

You can also post a screenshot of PingPlotter running while you hit the problems, to the address like the ping, and we can help interpret it for you, if you want.
Any luck with this? Experiencing the same thing for the past couple weeks sometimes it's worse than others. Only happens in POE, not in other online games.
I get this same issue every month or so but found my own solution.

Latency is 16ms but spikes to 160ms every 5 seconds or so and that causes a micro pause in the game which is lethal, you can not play it like that.

I have to turn everything off on my home network in order to fix it which consists of:

1. The main router (BT HomeHub 5) with the ADSL line going into it.
2. Another router connected to that which feeds the house.
3. An Apple Time Machine which also has 3 of its switch ports used.

I have to switch all of them off or it doesn't fix the POE problem.

I then turn the main router back on and wait for it to connect to BT Broadband, about 4 minutes. Then I turn the main house router on and wait for that to get its IP then I turn the Apple Time Machine on and wait for the green light to appear on it. Only then can I load POE on my main comp and its back to running like butter.

I have to do this about once a month, usually the issue occurs when there has been a reset at the main router into the property for some random reason.

"
GeoffC wrote:
Spoiler
I get this same issue every month or so but found my own solution.

Latency is 16ms but spikes to 160ms every 5 seconds or so and that causes a micro pause in the game which is lethal, you can not play it like that.

I have to turn everything off on my home network in order to fix it which consists of:

1. The main router (BT HomeHub 5) with the ADSL line going into it.
2. Another router connected to that which feeds the house.
3. An Apple Time Machine which also has 3 of its switch ports used.

I have to switch all of them off or it doesn't fix the POE problem.

I then turn the main router back on and wait for it to connect to BT Broadband, about 4 minutes. Then I turn the main house router on and wait for that to get its IP then I turn the Apple Time Machine on and wait for the green light to appear on it. Only then can I load POE on my main comp and its back to running like butter.

I have to do this about once a month, usually the issue occurs when there has been a reset at the main router into the property for some random reason.

Need help? Please read this. [Rules for Technical Support section]
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
I came across this thread trying to deal with my latency problems. For the last two months the game has been unplayable. i get a few seconds of playable game time then my latency spikes to several thousand ms.

I followed the instructions and ran the WINMTR program. I was wondering if someone could help me interpret the results...

I tried to put into pastebin. I think this link should work (I'm not really tech savvy with this sort of thing so any help anyone can provide would be great).

https://pastebin.com/qiKetn0x

I have also pasted the raw data below in case the link doesn't work.

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| hitronhub.home - 97 | 27 | 1 | 4 | 4 | 4 | 4 |
| 99.243.240.1 - 0 | 126 | 126 | 8 | 23 | 85 | 17 |
| 67.231.220.21 - 0 | 126 | 126 | 9 | 21 | 84 | 13 |
| 209.148.236.18 - 0 | 126 | 126 | 10 | 21 | 81 | 20 |
|0-4-0-8-cgw01.wlfdle.rmgt.net.rogers.com - 0 | 126 | 126 | 13 | 23 | 82 | 23 |
| 69.63.249.26 - 0 | 126 | 126 | 26 | 38 | 96 | 37 |
| No response from host - 100 | 26 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| ae0.dar01.wdc01.networklayer.com - 0 | 126 | 126 | 28 | 38 | 100 | 36 |
| po1.fcr06b.wdc01.networklayer.com - 0 | 126 | 126 | 30 | 39 | 98 | 34 |
| 6f.28.559e.ip4.static.sl-reverse.com - 0 | 126 | 126 | 24 | 38 | 99 | 36 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info